Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 12:22   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
I have seen most of his old movies like Naagarahaavu, Kalla-kulla, Shubhmangala, Sahodarara savaal, Boothaiyyana maga Aiiyu, etc, which are like shining stars in Kannada cinema. He and Manjula it was that made the most movies, they were like made for each other. And Dwarakeesh was his comedy partner like how Narasimharaju was for Raj.
Shubhamangala was Srinath-Aarti, not Vishnu. For me Vishnu-Suhasini pair was the finest, that is when they delivered their best.

Here is a song fitting this sad day. One of the best song pictured on him. Probably the best work from Hamsalekha, sung by Balamuralikrishna himself.

Old 30th December 2009, 12:25   #32
BHPian

A sad day for Kannada.
The passing away of two great people who contributed a lot towards Kannada.
May the souls of Vishnu and Ashwath rest in peace.

Dr Vishnuvardhan - Undoubtedly is the last of the stalwarts. Apart from cinema, a man dedicated to a lot of social causes; a man who lived with his values; a man with no controversy at all.
My father-in-law was mentioning that first it was Rajkumar and now Vishnuvardhan. Kannada film industry might probably not see anyone like either of these two.
It's like kannada has suddenly become orphaned having lost both these veterans in this decade.

Last edited by gods-envy : 30th December 2009 at 12:26.
Old 30th December 2009, 12:37   #33
BHPian

Another song from NaagaraHaavu. The simplicity and picturisation is quite Beautiful.

Another Black and White song Featuring Husband wife ( Vishnu Bharthi)

I miss simple melodious songs of yesteryears.
Old 30th December 2009, 12:44   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, for all the guys asking about the situation, here it is to the best of my knowledge.

Jayanagar and Basavangudi is completely shut. We had to close down our shop in Basavangudi due to some hooligans. They even damaged a couple of buses near our shop.

All shops, including essential stores like Namdharis, Food World are shut. I hate these bunch of morons who masquerade as fans of Vishnuvardhan and just cause mayhem and chaos. These people should die instead of the poor actor.

His body is kept at National College Basavangudi grounds. So, everything in that area is shut.

The other side of Bangalore, near Residency Road, Langford Road, etc is open. There are quite a few people who have closed their businesses but as of now, there has been no violence.

On JC road, the cops came and told us to keep the tyres inside our shop as it would be quicker for us to close the shop in case of some problems. But as of now, nothing. Everyone is alert of course, ready to close down if something happens.
Old 30th December 2009, 12:45   #35
Senior - BHPian

It was C Ashwath yesterday and Vishnuvardhan's news today. Sad to see stalwarts like them go. I have watched a lot of Vishnuvardhan's movies and it feels sad to see him depart.

I was at Hanumanthnagar just a while back, and I saw a few people travelling in autos asking the shops to shut down on 50 ft road. People from Basavanagudi, Hanumanthnagar, Banashankari exercise caution while travelling around. His funeral will take place at Bsk crematorium in the evening.
Old 30th December 2009, 12:56   #36
BHPian

Too bad ,enjoyed his films on the Ksrtc volvo from madras to bang.
Another one bites the dust,rip
Old 30th December 2009, 13:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from outside . Its bhand type conditions .90 % of shops are shut .Some idiots are forcefully shutting shops ,which I saw first hand and they were slapping the person who resisted to close the shutter .
Old 30th December 2009, 13:36   #38
J.Ravi

In Basaveshwara Nagar, all the shops are open, private vehicles and autorickshaws are running and the post office is functioning normal.

Old 30th December 2009, 13:45   #39
BHPian

Dont understand why such a reaction when someone dies of old age. There should a peaceful procession and condolences be conveyed, rather than shutting down shops and troubling the people and business owners.
Old 30th December 2009, 13:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Well unfortunately this kind of expression from people is what we can expect throughout this country when a famous film star or or a politician passes away... its sad but guess we have to live with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Dont understand why such a reaction when someone dies of old age. There should a peaceful procession and condolences be conveyed, rather than shutting down shops and troubling the people and business owners.
Old 30th December 2009, 14:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

One of the best songs I have seen in movies is the song from Naagarahaavu
"Baare Baare, chandada cheluvina thaare"

Its where Aarthi is in slow motion and Vishnuvardhan is singing. Genius of Puttanna.
Old 30th December 2009, 14:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Well unfortunately this kind of expression from people is what we can expect throughout this country when a famous film star or or a politician passes away... its sad but guess we have to live with it!
I think this kind of reaction is more prominent in the southern part of the country where people are way more attached to their local film stars than anywhere else.

And in Bangalore it is even more evident because police is ineffective to the point of being pathetic.

EDIT: and its not the first time this has happened in Bangalore.

Last edited by amitoj : 30th December 2009 at 14:22.
Old 30th December 2009, 14:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Condolences ….may he rest in peace.

Restoring to violence and damaging public property is the worst kind of thing to happen.

Some locals goons and people without jobs are behind this, Police should book them and take strong action to deter such nuisance
Old 30th December 2009, 14:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

This is sad week. Still 4 more days to go in this week. A day back 2 poeple died. Famous Singer Ashwath (his birthday too) and Vidhana Parishath member passed away, today the great star of kannada film industry Saahasaa Sihma Vishnuvardhan no more. May their soul rest in peace.

Please note Vaikunta Yekadashi (door at heavan opens) is just over. and I pray GOD to rest their soul in peace again.

Vishnuvardhan was spiritual and used to analyze the future very well, He had GOD gift. He and his team had faced lot of hurdles while shooting film aapta mitra kannada movie part2. After they had completed part1 industry lost its main female role actress Soundarya while during part2 film industry lost its hero. Very sad indeeded.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 30th December 2009 at 14:32.
Old 30th December 2009, 14:33   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I think this kind of reaction is more prominent in the southern part of the country where people are way more attached to their local film stars than anywhere else.
Yeah, true. This kind of mass following and devotion is limited to stars of yesteryears. Those were the times when the genius of acting, direction and story telling all converged with the social context to make a glorious era of cinemas.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks