Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 20:13   #16
BHPian

Identify and shame these people openly. There was a protest in front of their house today, everyone should know their identity. They are out on bail even though the FIR is a non bailable FIR.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
My case is the same. Our maid takes leaves at will. She has a mobile, she SMSs or calls and informs my wife about this on the very same day.
She even asked for 4 casual leaves in a month!

Me & wife classify as tortured due to her unplanned absence.
Are all maids like this? Same thing happens in my house too. Almost every week my maid has an emergency or a function to attend. Glad that she doesnt have a mobile.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

hey, heard infy bashing is going on! I would like to join too.

come on guys, give them a break. a rich techie is bound to work somewhere. How would you feel if you were asked how you treat your house maids in your job interview?

let's leave infy out of this and focus in the mentality that drives people to do these things.

I have personally seen a young techie (just out of college) having a less than 10 year old who he called his servant, in his house and locked in when he went to work. I don't know the story behind it so refused to judge him but it did not sound right to me. What stopped me from taking an action was the fear that if left alone, the kid might get into a worse life. and no, I am not telling where he worked.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
From Accidents in India thread:

I visited this site and stumbled upon another news which is very disturbing.
A 14 year old house maid was not allowed to wear cloths inside the house, and was being tortured by both husband and wife. It is reported that the husband is working for Infosys.

Any Infosys-ians around here can confirm that this 'man' (I am using this term as I still don't know the truth behind) was in fact working for Infosys? Any talk about this in the company?

It is difficult to understand what kind of sadistic pleasure these guys derive out of such cruel deeds.
This man must be sacked from Infosys with immediate effect, are the seniors of Infosys listening or reading this.
Such happenings are also there in Mumbai ,recently there was a small time actress in Andheri who was arrested by police, not only that whole building almost boycotted them, poor small girl was beaten up badly just because she ate small piece of mithai kept in the fridge.she had swollen arms,a black eye and her back was full of beating marks.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:52   #20
BANNED

Quote:
This 'usually' happens when a sum is paid (as help in need or otherwise) to the parents of a child with the promise that the child will help the patrons with domestic activities.
Quote:
have personally seen a young techie (just out of college) having a less than 10 year old who he called his servant, in his house and locked in when he went to work. I don't know the story behind it so refused to judge him but it did not sound right to me. What stopped me from taking an action was the fear that if left alone, the kid might get into a worse life. and no, I am not telling where he worked.
It is illegal to have minors to do household chores.

Do not worry about morality, what will happen to the child if you intervene and make sure that the family is brought to book for having minors do house hold work, etc.

It is the law, and everybody has an obligation to abide by it.

DO NOT employ minors.

If anybody finds child labour in Kerala, PM me. I have the obligation to prevent it and the Power too.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 4th January 2010 at 20:55.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed a heinous and inhuman incident and police should take very strict action against the couple so that these things dont happen again.

And guys, whats with Infosys here, Infosys doesnt have anything here and i am sure like any other respectable company they will fire this employee.
Old 4th January 2010, 21:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure no one has anything against the company, as if they knew such thing was happening in their home and still recruited him. Butt, the point is and a valid one: Education, high IQ, good grades do not at all suggest high moral values and character. Aren't our bangy roads proof enough ??
That is the reason the company name is getting pulled. A guy with infy to a commoner/simpleton is highly respectable (maybe/should be your say). Same with the folks at a high rank in the army. Who expected them to be a part of a land scandal instead of defending the country ? Same with Ex-IPS Mumbai - Sharma (Fake stamp paper scam) . Expectation is the word. The situation is analogous. Hope you got as to why the brand got pulled over by the guys and the media.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 4th January 2010 at 21:20.
Old 4th January 2010, 21:36   #23
oss
BHPian

I think these people should be given Saudi type punishments, to prevent such things happening in future elsewhere.
Old 4th January 2010, 21:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
This man must be sacked from Infosys with immediate effect, are the seniors of Infosys listening or reading this.
Such happenings are also there in Mumbai ,recently there was a small time actress in Andheri who was arrested by police, not only that whole building almost boycotted them, poor small girl was beaten up badly just because she ate small piece of mithai kept in the fridge.she had swollen arms,a black eye and her back was full of beating marks.
Infosys is company that does it's best to keep a clean image. I am sure that this techie would have been kicked out by now.
Old 4th January 2010, 21:41   #25
Team-BHP Support

About 5 years ago, we had a similar situation in our building. We had a road contractor from Andhra stayiing in our building - couple + son.

There was a servant boy but rarely seen - only scrurrying on the terrace to take clothes down. Once in a while, the neighbours doorbell would ring and this boy would ask for food. the neighbour would go into get something but the boy vanished in sheer fright.

The boy was often seen carrying the son's bag to the car and to school to carry bag to the class (sheer cruelty). Sometimes at night, the boy was sent to buy things at 10pm from the corner shop.

We could often hear crying and whimpering as the servants room opens into a common airshaft.

One day, the boy was seen by another servant on the terrace with severe bruising. She started talking to him. He would not talk. She observed his mannerisms and fet something odd and chellenged him. No reply, she pulled his pants down. This was no boy but a little girl.

This was the last straw. The maid informed her employers. We all gathered around and called the Child Protection Unit in the Police. They came over and secured the child.

The inspector and the child protection unit manager spoke to the child she was a daughter of a prostitute who had a choice of this or the profession. She wanted to go to school and be a doctor.

The contractor tried everything to get the girl back, upto minister level. The child protection unit officer told the minister to sign a release order with clear reason. The minister backed off. The girls sister was located and rescued. We wanted to pool together to finance their future studies but we were told to stay away from this for legal issues.

The contractor moved out a month later. He must have got off with a light sentence. The Mirror was not around at that time hence only a paragraph was mentioned inthe press
Old 4th January 2010, 21:56   #26
BHPian

It is very hard to believe that people can do these kind of things to a child... These people should be admitted in the mental hospital & should be locked up there for the entire life...
Old 4th January 2010, 22:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Whether someone is educated or not is not the point. Just education without awareness and some moral responsibility is actually dangerous. That's what happens most of the time.

Everybody knows employing minors is a crime. But just look around you. There are 'well educated' people who see no guilt in employing children in their homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Are all maids like this? Same thing happens in my house too. Almost every week my maid has an emergency or a function to attend. Glad that she doesnt have a mobile.
I hope you don't actually mean it. Just because someone is a maid, doesn't mean she/he cannot enjoy some basic privileges in life.
Being happy with someone else's misfortune isn't a good thing.
Old 4th January 2010, 22:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Butt, the point is and a valid one: Education, high IQ, good grades do not at all suggest high moral values and character. Aren't our bangy roads proof enough ??
This is something I am trying to tell since long.
High educational qualifications is not equal to good, high moral, disciplined, hardworking and honest humans.

Infact, I realize its just the opposite now a days.

Have you ever seen how these " educated " humans drive ? Their behavior on the road i.e. how they drive, behave indicate they are nothing but well educated useless human beings.

Discipline and high moral comes from upbringing and school. Here pepole's mentality that a school with high fees is nice, etc. is another blind ignoracne. If parents want values in kids, they have to spend time, not high fees.

It goes to the roots of Indian mentality that is very low moral in the first place.

Its getting worse day by day.

A techie does not mean a high IQ person. He is just another human being who has one degree of professional studies. Nothing else.
Old 4th January 2010, 22:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I hope you don't actually mean it. Just because someone is a maid, doesn't mean she/he cannot enjoy some basic privileges in life.
Being happy with someone else's misfortune isn't a good thing.
I am sure he didn't mean maid's misfortune of not having a mobile. These people aren't so poor that they can't afford a mobile. At least in Kerala, that's what I see. The state has grown rich and now all the daily labour kind of work is being outsourced!

All the labourers working in construction field, road works, and in many similar jobs are actually people from some other states, especially from the whereabouts of Bihar. Want proof? Just go to the railway platform where Guwahati express is about to leave in 10 minutes. Mallu-land is their 'Gelf'

Last edited by clevermax : 4th January 2010 at 22:41.
Old 4th January 2010, 23:17   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
This is something I am trying to tell since long.
High educational qualifications is not equal to good, high moral, disciplined, hardworking and honest humans.
================
A techie does not mean a high IQ person. He is just another human being who has one degree of professional studies. Nothing else.

Well said, this techie when working at Infy follows their strict code of conduct may be PMP certitifed and as soon as he steps out he leaves behind everything in the office to wear a different hat. Very scary
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks