Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 20:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Shocking murder of Tamilnadu cop in broad daylight with two ministers watching

:-( I was watching CNN-IBN and was shocked to see the disturbing visuals of a cop lying on the road and pleading for help. He later dies een as a passing convoy of two state ministers are mute witnesses. The scene is like that from a moie, only that it is for real and really gory. If this is the fate of a cop in modern India, I shudder to think where we, the general public are placed.

Here is the newslink, Cop attacked, murdered; ministers helpless

And, here is the shocking video: Cop attacked, murdered; ministers helpless: IBNLive.com > Videos

I pray that the slain policeman's soul rests in peace.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 8th January 2010, 20:48   #2
BANNED

Unfortunate incident. There is absolutely nobody near him; god save the country.

Some months back, a policeman was held hostage and killed by tribal activists in Kerala. The policeman's family got 10 lakh, and the assailants relatives got jobs and 12 lakhs as compensation.
Old 8th January 2010, 21:02   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Very very sad incident!

"two ministers watching and a person taking a video of the victim without helping" - Shouldn't it read like that?
Old 8th January 2010, 21:11   #4
BHPian

Most unfortunate example of state of affairs in our country. Forget the ministers and the videographer, I felt embarrassed and guilty just watching the helpless cop scream for help.

God knows when sense will prevail !!!
Old 8th January 2010, 21:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Very very sad incident!

"two ministers watching and a person taking a video of the victim without helping" - Shouldn't it read like that?
Nope, since there we can't jump the gun and blame them as our media seems to sensationalize than report objectively. Apparently, they were scared of unexploded bombs. But, the video doesn't show any bomb in the vicinity. Two ministers and an IAS officer were mute witnesses.Meanwhile, I had a word with my cousins who themselves are police inspectors in the Chennai police force. They said that it is a politically motivated attack and that they are pretty helpless. Off the record of course. If the police force itself is so demotivated and helpless, mostly due to undue interference of the politicians, whom can we turn to when we are threatened? Tough questions with no clear answers.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 8th January 2010, 21:36   #6
LLL
BHPian

It could be possible that people were thinking its a trap? Doesnt look like that in this case, but such things do happen...
Old 8th January 2010, 21:36   #7
BHPian

I read that the video was taken by someone on the scene and he was not a journalist.
Old 8th January 2010, 21:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Guys, guys, guys.
This was in Tirunelveli, right?
Old 8th January 2010, 21:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

So what is new in this. Isn't this normal ? If its not normal, its going to get normal. However, I expect the cops to retialiate, but it wont be on those who actually committed the crime, but may be on anyone whom they spot.

If this can happen to cops, think of common man. So here we are, one of the most cultured nations with high thinking.

Only God can help us now.
Old 8th January 2010, 22:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Guys, guys, guys.
This was in Tirunelveli, right?
Yeah, Alwarkuruchi, near Tirunelveli. I've heard that is pretty notorious for such acts. I've seen a couple of Tamil flicks in which they talk about the sword fights and such.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 8th January 2010, 22:17   #11
BHPian

Disgusting. Felft very bad and sad after watching the victim crying for help. How could the ministers and other police just watch him die? How could they not offer help to their colleague?
Old 8th January 2010, 22:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

Things like this are common down south. My school had the district court next to it, and a witness was hacked to death in court right front of the Judge, and the body was dumped in my school's basketball court. This was in 1994, my class has a window facing the basketball court- we were watching the whole dumping-and-escaping sequence live...

Last edited by ph03n!x : 8th January 2010 at 22:26.
Old 8th January 2010, 22:33   #13
Team-BHP Support

and i thought lawlessness existed most in our parts though this is extreme and haven't come across anything as this till now
Old 8th January 2010, 22:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

India shining.
Booming Economy.
Young and aspirational population driving India to new heights.
Infrastructure boom in India.
Consumerism growing.
Malls, multiplexes, luxury cars, villas - today's India got it all.

And..

This is the real, ugly, sorry side of India.
Old 8th January 2010, 22:57   #15
BHPian

shocking and mindnumbing but thats the reality of india and the so called police force .instances like these happen all the time it is only oflate that these things are being reported and shown to the gen public .
what is worse is that we as viewers see it and just forget it till the next sensational issue crops up .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks