Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2005, 11:50   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Hey Rtech I'm trying out the Firefox 1.5 Beta version - its quite good, give it a shot.
It doesn't show up as an auto-update in the regular firefox way? Guess I'll have to visit their site and check it out. Any real advantages or is it just a few frills?
Old 11th October 2005, 11:53   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
It doesn't show up as an auto-update in the regular firefox way? Guess I'll have to visit their site and check it out. Any real advantages or is it just a few frills?
The updates show up only for stable versions, of which 1.07 is the latest. The beta versions are at your own risk, so they wont push it. It feels better than the earlier versions though I've had a crash or two which I have to live with since this is Beta.
Old 11th October 2005, 12:30   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
answers
1. pretty often atleast themes
with every new release rolling out every other week extensions are broekn & have to reinstall them
2. I know it can be set to but by default it should ask users & not download on desktop itself
3. nope, as far as I remember "force to open windows in" option is set to "the most recent window/tab"
1) I recommend you to use "sessionsaver" extension. It works wonders, and you care least about restarts then. It saves all the tabs including any text typed inside a textarea. Also useful in case of crashes etc.
2) No comments :-)
3) If you want to lazily use tabbed browsing, middle mouse is the button to click instead of left mouse.
Old 11th October 2005, 13:04   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
1) I recommend you to use "sessionsaver" extension. It works wonders, and you care least about restarts then. It saves all the tabs including any text typed inside a textarea. Also useful in case of crashes etc.
2) No comments :-)
3) If you want to lazily use tabbed browsing, middle mouse is the button to click instead of left mouse.
1 have it. but the fact remians that you have to close entire webbrowser & restart it
3. i use it regularly.
my point is on FF official home page http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ they have said Tabbed browsing to be a feature
Quote:
Tabbed Browsing View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them
yet with fresh install there no new tab or tabs button
Old 13th December 2005, 22:28   #65
Senior - BHPian

Opera Voice

I am wondering how I didn't found this feature so long
Its called as Opera Voice

It basically allows you to control web browser with your voice
or better yet,
It reads out web pages for you & you can listen to it while working in some other application,a very nice feature
Old 7th February 2006, 16:50   #66
BHPian

Hey all, Opera 9 is out...download it from http://snapshot.opera.com/windows/o90p2_8212.exe
Old 7th February 2006, 18:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratheesh
Hey all, Opera 9 is out...download it from http://snapshot.opera.com/windows/o90p2_8212.exe
word of caution thought.
this is a preview release.
Old 19th February 2006, 14:53   #68
BHPian

i'v never used opera in windows i am using it for past 3 years in my symbian phone lemme try it for windows
Old 19th February 2006, 20:32   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
The updates show up only for stable versions, of which 1.07 is the latest. The beta versions are at your own risk, so they wont push it. It feels better than the earlier versions though I've had a crash or two which I have to live with since this is Beta.
The 1.5 is no longer beta. The latest stable release is 1.5.0.1. I'm using it now. Rock solid. Some of the older extensions have a compatibility issue though. Had to uninstall a few of them and update another few to the latest releases.

Cheers
Old 19th February 2006, 20:57   #70
BHPian

i am using firefox and no probs or pop ups...except one thing~~

out of the blue ..maybe once a month my browser resets itself!!

all the bookmarks...cookies...settings...profiles...just vanish! i have import all my bookmarks from explorer everytime this happens...grrrr

anyone with such a similar problem? its really irritaing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks