Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: With whom you like the most to go for a drive ?
Wife 42 30.88%
Parents 4 2.94%
Friends 14 10.29%
Children 2 1.47%
Girl Friend 11 8.09%
Alone 60 44.12%
Others 3 2.21%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 00:36   #46
BHPian

I love to enjoy my drive alone, Mostly in City and with friends on long trips.
Old 4th April 2010, 01:40   #47
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I love to drive alone with some nice tracks on the audio. Driving alone gives me an adventurous spirit which is missing when I drive with friends or family.
Old 4th April 2010, 11:18   #48
BHPian

Voted for wife.

She knows Bangalore roads much better and decides on which road to take. She knows all the pathli-galli shortcut routes to reach certain areas which helps in avoiding busy roads. Now that Metro/flyover constructions in full swing in Bangy, she is a great help to me.

On long drives, she takes detailed trip logs. If there is confusion, she is the one who gets down from the car and ask people for direction etc. The central console in our Sparky is of great help as she can note down ODO and time readings without disturbing me. We share similar taste with food and music, so no problems there.

However, recently I had to drive alone from Bangalore all the way to Hassan, Chitradurga, Davangere, Tumkur, Mysore, Hoskote Etc and I enjoyed every bit of it. This was the first time I was driving alone such a long distance. I really didn't miss my wifey because my Sparky was there all the time with me
Old 4th April 2010, 21:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

A friend who can drive fast and safe. Nothing like another nut head who loves and lives car. Empty road, full tank gas, a friend who goes ga-ga over cars. Perfect!!
Old 5th April 2010, 16:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

Wife.

It is almost like driving alone. Conversations are usually one worders. Like "hump", "curve", "truck" etc.

I don't talk much, rather listen to the warning messages. She makes sure that we don't get into rage incidents etc.

Overall, it makes happy driving.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Alone alone alone!!

I think all driving enthusiasts would like to drive alone. me too

Driving with wife has become a painful thing - I get complaints on my speed, being rash (I'm actually not), swerving quick to avoid potholes, not installing sun films - anything you can imagine. I am even concerned to apply a sudden brake in needy situations if she's there, because she'll project that too as my fault.

If there has to be somebody, then I'd prefer my brother - he just enjoys the drive sitting there.

Last edited by clevermax : 5th April 2010 at 17:04.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:58   #52
Senior - BHPian

Wife...No doubts about that...

And on those days when she is not around, a long drive with some great music and James Hetfield crooning with Lars Ulrich drumming in the background.

Alone is the way to go then!!!

Else, its wifey all the way!!
Old 5th April 2010, 17:21   #53
Senior - BHPian

I think this would be kindda out of the ordinary, I don't like to drive alone! But I prefer to ride alone.

Voted for girlfriend as the marriage phase is yet to come! Lol.

Prefer driving with my girl because its nice to have a companion who loves to travel as much as you do, plus she's a huge help when it come to spotting open gaps on the left which are invisible to me.Also, food breaks get limited as there is someone to feed me the chips, juices, etc

Last edited by praful : 5th April 2010 at 17:37.
Old 5th April 2010, 19:42   #54

I voted for Wife, because that's what I enjoy when we go for long drives i.e : Holidays. That the time we can enjoy the chat, the drive, the road, the beauty of nature, etc all at the same time and we both love driving so it never tiring we just switch and go

On other days its alone just enjoying my drive with some music( with all the music wife doesn`t enjoy )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks