Team-BHP - Passport Renewal Procedure
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Passport Renewal Procedure (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/78424-passport-renewal-procedure-93.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 3346743)
Agreed.
In fact I think the Police Verification is the biggest scam, since ALL the idiot policewalla should actually do is VISIT the LOCALITY. Ask the neighbors, housing society, nearby shops etc to check if what I have mentioned in the application about place of residence is true or not. How will he ascertain whether my date of birth mentioned is correct or not? What verification is he doing when he asks me tons of documents?

+1 The police station has no business collecting documents from the passport applicants. The applicant has already submitted all the required document to the passport office itself.

As far as your police verification is concerned, I suggest that you swallow your pride and grease the palms of the policewalla, so that your application moves smoothly. As team-bhp members, we all understand the importance of lubrication in a well-oiled machinery. :uncontrol

Rohan

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_iitr (Post 3346785)
+1 The police station has no business collecting documents from the passport applicants. The applicant has already submitted all the required document to the passport office itself.

The police guys are authorized to collect the required docs from the applicants as they maintain a copy of the same at each Police station.

I had applied for my PP renewal last year with address change and addition of spouse name.All he asked me was my bank statements and a photocopy of marriage certificate and these were the docs i had submitted at the PSK.

Agreed,they cannot ask for additional documents which you have not submitted at the PSK.

Waseem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD (Post 3339252)
This facility is available between 9.30-11am for kids <5 and senior citizens.You just need to have the Application Reference Number (ARN) and the relevant docs.

Waseem.

My kids are 5 yrs and 7 yrs. I need to apply passport for both of them. Are they strict that the kids have to be less than 5 yrs for walk in? Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 3346743)
. The country is truly wretched.

Yeah mate. And we are the wretched subjects of this nonsense. Paying taxes honestly. Trying to eke a peaceful life.
Miserable scummy corrupt devils everywhere.
India has so much good in it. Spoilt only by these wicked, wretched creatures who make life unnecessarily difficult for honest citizens.

I've applied for the passports of my 2 kids (minors). I've filled the appoication, submitted it online, paid the requisite amount for fresh, normal passports and then scheduled the appointments for both of them at the nearest PSKs. Went to the PSK on 17th Jan with the kids, completed the formalities and came back after 2.5 hours.

Same day evening, got a message that printing has been initiated for both of them. Well for info, my name and my spouse name is present on each others passport and with same address on both passports. Documents submitted are as below:

1. DOB of each kid.
2. Parents passport copies duly attested by either parent. These are used as address proof also.
3. Annexure H signed by both parents.

Need to apply for my passport renewal which is due to expire in Aug 2014. Will apply once i get my kids passports delivered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvrchandra (Post 3348070)
I've applied for the passports of my 2 kids (minors)..

Just a quick update : Got the 2 passports of my daughters delivered today afternoon. Appeared at PSK on 17-Jan-14 and passports delivered on 22-Jan-14. These are normal passports and NOT Tatkal. Infact a quick service. I expected at least 10 days.

Hi people, my passport is due for renewal as it expires in June. It was issued from Bangalore office when I was a student at Manipal. Now i've come back home and have been working here. So I need to apply at Patna passport kendra. I have a few questions as i'm not able to understand a few things. Firstly the documents required now for renewal. It'll require a change in address also. And for address proof, I have got an SBI account and my aadhar card. Will this do? Anything specific I need to see? Secondly, can I opt for a particular date for verification at their center or do I have to go according to the time provided by them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 3352616)
And for address proof, I have got an SBI account and my aadhar card. Will this do? Anything specific I need to see? Secondly, can I opt for a particular date for verification at their center or do I have to go according to the time provided by them?

PSK will accept SBI passbook as address proof, provided it is more than 1 year old and has sufficient transactions during the last 1 year. Paste your photo on the first page of the passbook and get the seal and signature from the bank officer.

Aadhar card is doubtful, they may not accept it as address proof.

Check the passport website for the list of documents accepted as address proof.

Rohan

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_iitr (Post 3352974)

Aadhar card is doubtful, they may not accept it as address proof.

Check the passport website for the list of documents accepted as address proof.

Rohan

Just applied for passport 2 days back for my 2 kids. The address on parents passport was not same as our current address. Submitted aadhar card as address proof. No issues in submitting aadhar card. It was issued on Mar2013.

However, it is mentioned on passport seva site that if aadhar card is less than 1 year old, one more address proof is required.

Hi, I need some urgent advice from all you folks.
I have applied for a reissue of passport due to damaged passport (and address change) under tatkal scheme in Bangalore. I need some advice on the documents required:

Annexure L - Where can I get this document typed & notarised? At Mayo hall? How much would be a reasonable amount to pay for this?

Proof of Address - One of the options I see is Income Tax Assessment Order. Will a printout of the intimation u/s 143(1) I got from cpc be accepted?
Another option is telephone bill - Will a printout of my Airtel Broadband/Landline/Postpaid Mobile bill be accepted?

I have the interview on 31st jan and so need to get my documents together tomorrow. Please let me know your experiences please: .

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhieagle (Post 3357299)
Hi, I need some urgent advice from all you folks.
I have applied for a reissue of passport due to damaged passport (and address change) under tatkal scheme in Bangalore. I need some advice on the documents required:

Annexure L - Where can I get this document typed & notarised? At Mayo hall? How much would be a reasonable amount to pay for this?

Proof of Address - One of the options I see is Income Tax Assessment Order. Will a printout of the intimation u/s 143(1) I got from cpc be accepted?
Another option is telephone bill - Will a printout of my Airtel Broadband/Landline/Postpaid Mobile bill be accepted?

Mayo Hall @ Rs 200-300.

Proof of Address:I am not sure of the print out intimation u/s 143(1), but you can take landline phone bills.Your best bet would be to take print out of bank statements of last one year (endorsed by the bank) and bank passbook with your pic.It is generally safe to carry two address proofs.

Waseem.

Passport mela on FEB 15 and Mar 15 ! these kendras are at Mangalore , Hubli and in Bangalore on Lalbagh road & ORR Marathahalli.

please log on to www.passportindia.gov.in and register , generate an ARN , pay online fees and TAKE AN APPOINTMENT. PLEASE CARRY PRINTOUT OF THIS APPOINTMENT AND A.R.N to the passport seva kendra along with ORIGINALS of required documents and self attested photocopies. FEB 15 APPOINTMENTS open at website on FEB 10 & MAR 15 APPOINTMENTS open at website on MAR 10.

smart hint : Generating ARN with help of Bangalore One centres around Bangalore is possible ! those underconfident of DIY of online stuff , please take their help!

IMPORTANTLY, I HOPE THE PASSPORTS ARRIVE BEFORE SUMMER VACATION !

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhieagle (Post 3357299)
Proof of Address -

Sorry for replying late to this one, but the answer may possibly help other members.

The landline bill can surely be used as an address proof but you need to show the same address on the bill dated back to a year. Also, you would need to get a seal from the telephone company which make it a valid document.

With these done, you can surely use the landline bill as proof of address.

@vinay_kamath:
The Bangalore One centre is useful only for passport applications of minors and seniors.
I tried getting an ARN and appointment today but I just couldn't get an appointment for Feb 15 (the Mela day). The appointment I got is Mar 14. To clarify: being a Mela, I can't walk in with the ARN on Feb 15, right?

@all:
Normal passport documents clarification:
DoB proof: does the ICSE pass certificate suffice? ("School leaving certificate / Secondary School leaving certificate/ Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution")

Address proof: does the stamped and signed statement printout from a home SBI branch of a period of more than one year suffice? it's not a primary/salary account, but has a few transactions. ("One year statement (with transactions)")

Non-ECR proof: does the same ICSE pass certificate suffice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nareshov (Post 3366623)
@vinay_kamath:

DoB proof: does the ICSE pass certificate suffice? ("School leaving certificate / Secondary School leaving certificate/ Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution")

Address proof: does the stamped and signed statement printout from a home SBI branch of a period of more than one year suffice? it's not a primary/salary account, but has a few transactions. ("One year statement (with transactions)")

Non-ECR proof: does the same ICSE pass certificate suffice?

Yes for all your three queries.

Waseem.