Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2008, 12:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Why are we humans hell bent on changing the rules and laws of nature?

When girl and boy come together, it is because nature intends it to be. Who the heck are these creatures trying to prevent something which is ingrained into our genes?
Old 29th July 2008, 12:58   #32
BHPian

I agree.
It is totally on the individual to take his/her decision and choose whats in their best inetrest

On a lighter note:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
Absolutely. It has more to do with birds and bees
Or the stark delivering babies

Last edited by motorheadinc : 29th July 2008 at 13:00.
Old 29th July 2008, 13:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
The more you try to ban something the more of it is done. All the guys trying to do stuff like segregation please get a life. Reproduction does not happen through a butterfly!!
Who is talking about reproduction. Is anyone banning reproduction ?

There are always stupid people who try to do moral policing and there are others who go to the other extreme just to differ.
Old 29th July 2008, 13:32   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Who is talking about reproduction. Is anyone banning reproduction ?

There are always stupid people who try to do moral policing and there are others who go to the other extreme just to differ.
Sri, I believe maddy's point has to do with physical contact. It is well known that intimate physical contact is mandatory for reproduction. (well at least for natural reproduction)

Platonic physical contact is a MUST for young people, otherwise mentally all physical contact will amount to sexuality.
Old 29th July 2008, 13:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Sri, I believe maddy's point has to do with physical contact. It is well known that intimate physical contact is mandatory for reproduction. (well at least for natural reproduction)

Platonic physical contact is a MUST for young people, otherwise mentally all physical contact will amount to sexuality.
Thanks for letting me know.

I was just wondering that we tend to go overboard when something like this happens. I don't think people would like to reproduce in public.
Old 29th July 2008, 14:18   #36
Team-BHP Support

2 Schools and 2 Colleges in Chennai.
Hung out at Elliots almost every evening.

Never faced a problem from any of my Teachers or Police or anything.
Old 29th July 2008, 14:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

An example from Cyberabad - taken from another thread :

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar
Hyderabad seemed unromantic to me. Once took my wife to Husain Sagar and parked. Within minutes cops came and said..hey that girl beside u?. give us her dad's phone number.
I said "she is my wife". and showed them my marriage certificate.
Old 29th July 2008, 14:52   #38
Team-BHP Support

This morality disease afflicts the entire country, its just that some places are a little more vocal.
Old 29th July 2008, 14:53   #39
BHPian

Amazing example SB,

A question in general to all,
Does that mean one needs to carry the marriage certificate at all times.
That way we will also need our passport when near an airport.
Our Pan card when buying anything.
and the list goes on

What is going on here.
We need a break.
India is a free country people
Old 29th July 2008, 18:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

@motorheadinc I know india is a free country but you cant try convince the mamas who catch you talking with a gal about that.
Some of their thoughts are absolutely ridiculous. My friend was talking to her school friend whom she met after a long time in front of hebbal lake in blr. The cops came and started threatening them with complaining to their parents. Well the girl didnt want trouble as her parents were in the gulf so they had to pay about 1000 bucks just to get away. The crime was talking at a distance of 2 feet to each other.

@srishiva Well i didnt mean the entire process though!!
Why is talking in once own vehicle with a girl a crime i dont understand.
Old 17th January 2010, 13:43   #41
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Its not only just about Chennai. Its about the whole Tamil Nadu specially the southern part. I study in an engineering college in Madurai and the rules of my college strictly state that no usage of mobile phones should be done (if caught a fine of Rs.4000 must be paid even if your phone costs 1000 bucks), only formal shirt and trousers for boys and salwar suit for girls (as if wearing formals will make us an engineer even if most of the students here don't even know english !!), no usage of ipods (students may see and listen to obscene songs/videos), no interaction between boys and girls (thats against the culture here), study hours of 3 hours in which every student must study (common people), a student is not allowed to go out of campus except once a week (we want sundays !!), and the list goes on and on. Thankfully laptops are allowed and wi-fi connection is available round the clock. Thank god that the people don't know about free sms facilities/skype video conferencing/google talk/proxy servers to open orkut,facebook and stuffs that the internet offers. If one mildly violates any rule he's suspended or fined heavily. Man we are budding engineers and this is injustice to us in the name of culture and tradition. I come from the northern part of India and being spent most of my life in places like Delhi and Kolkata, I can surely comment that Madurai is a century behind in the way people think and link their culture with everything. There's no offence meant to anybody here but common people wake up. Tamil Nadu has a healthy per capita income and has so many industries which makes it economically stronger than most of the states in India. I pity the thinking and mindset of the people here (and curse myself for studying here). People are far from being broad-minded and if we talk against their thinking, they hold it against their culture (OMG even we have culture). I have very good tamil friends here who are sensible and have a broad-minded approach but this is few and far between. God are you listening?
Old 18th January 2010, 01:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I have heard of some colleges in Chennai with stupid rules like these, but that is not to imply that this is the case in all colleges here. It IMO is an exception rather than the rule. I did my Engineering here and we did not have any such rules.

How about the incidents we read about from small towns up north where it is quite normal for eloping lovers to be killed in the name of honour or due to caste differences ? Atleast in Chennai, they would max get a spanking at home and the incident soon forgotten.

And if you analyse deeper, atleast some of the issues mentioned in the first post happened due to other reasons than cultural policing.

eg. Incident 2 in the disco was an isolated incident and IIRC happened due to personal animosity of some guys who were evicted from the disco for unruly behaviour and being connected, they let the cops loose on the joint.

Incident-4 was because the actress in question had made a big issue about a director who had made a bad comment about film actresses, and to get even the guy used his clout with some fringe political outfit to make life difficult for her.

Go to the Marina beach on any evening and all you would see on the sand are pairs of lovers. Not much policing happening there, unless these couples move to the shady areas.

Small town or big city, no place in India is sacrosant in this respect.
Or the scene i saw yesterday afternoon at Chowpatty beach in Mumbai; a guy and a girl sucking face with the hillariousness of the girl's entire face being buried in the guy's lap. In fact, they picked a pretty strategic spot; next to the garbage truck . As for morality, people need to grow up and come into the 21st century. Im sick of all this BS "moral policing" stuff. Come on, India INVENTED the Kama Sutra!, we have naked Gods and Goddesses everywhere carved in face at Kujaraho in some pretty compromising positions. If the Gods can do it, why cant we? Its all a bunch of hypocritical thinking that frankly is idiotic and stupid.
Old 18th January 2010, 18:01   #43
BHPian

I am in chennai for more than 30 years born & living here and i can honestly vouch that message made about chennai is absloutely wrong & i strongly condem it.

I have been to every beach in chennai and parks and only seen people behaving sencibly without crossing the line of decency but as u know there may be some isoloated cases and never once seen BIG BROTHER attitude by individuals but at the same time there is a strict policing for people who cross there limits in the public space.

At the same time as some one here pointed about enginerring colloges its true they have a strict rules which they enforce on the students & the primary aim is to make the students gain more marks & not to let them distract themselves into love or passion as every eng cologes in TN is a co-ed & i personally don't support this kind of attitude buy the eng colloges.
Old 19th January 2010, 09:54   #44
BHPian

Absolutely Satyaprakash!

This Article is blasphemous as it is highly irritating.

Well yeah, you get caught making out with your girlfriend in a parked car then god help you.

But holding hands and heads on shoulders don't attract any attention from the police (from the general public maybe).

Agreed that engineering colleges are taking this boy-girl divide too far, but that's the only problem as far as i can see.

At least it's not as bad as the

1) extremist nutjobs in J&K who flog couples on Valentines Day

2) Shiv Sena in Maharashtra (how far they take moral policing, i'm not sure, maybe Mumbaikar Tbhpians can clear that up)

3) Ram Sena attacking hapless girls at a pub for being 'morally deviant'

So for those who have bought in to the article, please understand that it's just random musings of someone who hasn't even lived in Chennai
Old 20th January 2010, 22:42   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
An example from Cyberabad - taken from another thread :

Originally Posted by btirthankar
Hyderabad seemed unromantic to me. Once took my wife to Husain Sagar and parked. Within minutes cops came and said..hey that girl beside u?. give us her dad's phone number.
I said "she is my wife". and showed them my marriage certificate.
I know this is a very old thread but someone dug it up and I need to know this. Why was bthirthankar carrying his marriage certificate with him when he went to Hussain Sagar?

So, when I am in India, should I always carry around my marriage certificate? (I am not married, by the way).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks