If there is no cop I try to jump 3 3.26%
Only if somebody else jumps, i follow 7 7.61%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2005, 15:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Naah... The title of worst drivers goes to underaged traffic light jumping kids.

hahahah that one really cracked me up but as binz mentioned i too agree that there is nothing worng in driving.honestly what is the difference between a 17 year old driver and a 18 year old. the 18 year old is in no way more mature.maybe in some cases but not in all.and most underaged drivers drive very cautiousely and are not really a risk to the public.and most of the moderators on this thread including some of the members began driving before the legal age and .so there really is no point in telling da dude not to drive.because if we did it why shouldnt he and also just because now we have got a valid liscence we say its not good to drive before you turn 18 ...come to think of it if we didnt have a liscence we still would drive.

rev

Last edited by revtech : 7th October 2005 at 15:31.
Old 7th October 2005, 15:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

revtech i totally agree with what you say! But i am sure that none of our mods or any mature/sensible person would have driven on public roads when underage! They would have either driven in their locality or in the night when no ones around and surely not on highway or on public roads and risk others!
Old 7th October 2005, 15:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
.so there really is no point in telling da dude not to drive.
Hmmm.... "attention to detail" is definitely not this generation's forte, merrily forgetting the "signal jumping" part, in spite of my putting it in BOLD!! Anyways, i have said my piece. So there. End of discussion from my side.

Cheerios
Amitoj
Old 7th October 2005, 15:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Hmmm.... "attention to detail" is definitely not this generation's forte, merrily forgetting the "signal jumping" part, in spite of my putting it in BOLD!! Anyways, i have said my piece. So there. End of discussion from my side.

Cheerios
Amitoj

hey amitoj i really understand what you are trying to say.i know you didnt mean to tell him not to drive but just the way you said the worst drivers are the underaged one.thats wht made me just say that that statement is not always true thats all.

rev
Old 7th October 2005, 15:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
revtech i totally agree with what you say! But i am sure that none of our mods or any mature/sensible person would have driven on public roads when underage! They would have either driven in their locality or in the night when no ones around and surely not on highway or on public roads and risk others!

hey busa

why dont you check this thread out at your leisure !!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...ighlight=drive

rev
Old 7th October 2005, 15:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

I have 'broken' through the red light at times - the blinking one. But there are some times when the light turns from green to red while I am still on the junction - blame the Mumbai traffic. And there are times too when I have stopped at a red light and realized to my mortification that it never turns green. LOL. I have voted for 'almost never'.

Regarding dadude, he may be underage. But atleast he is honest. Dadude, it is a year more. Drive carefully (cause I cannot tell you not to).

To the 'young' drivers, I too had a chance, but never took it. I bet many over here did not take it either. Nothing, I repeat, nothing is gained by breaking a law - whether you are a good driver or Michael Schumacher. I actually wonder how your parents let you drive on the roads in the first place. But let's leave that for another time.
Old 7th October 2005, 15:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
dont you think....for no reason you are talking too much...???if im in a hurry for some work..exam or anything...and cant afford to reach late..and when i see no cop around and some guy just breaking the signal in front of me...what do i do...???and even when i know im not going to create any kind of traffic...

What can i say...

Idiot.

You just dont learn do you...grow up boy.

As for me...i stop for signals at even 3am. It doesnt matter to me if people honk behind me...those signals are there for a reason and good one at that. So i chose almost never.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 7th October 2005 at 15:55.
Old 7th October 2005, 16:15   #38
Team-BHP Support

99% of mumbai's pedestrians break signals all the time, at times causing accidents, but its never their fault...ever!

on a slightly different note here - has anyone noticed a new trend at a few signals now - the pedestrian light now changes instantly from green to red, and simaltaniously the light for traffic changes from red to green. No more warning flashes for the pedestrians. This is ridiculous and very dangerous. i hope the authorities look into this ASAP.
Old 7th October 2005, 16:25   #39
Team-BHP Support

And on another note to all: lets leave the guys alone. I think (hope) they got the picture. Nobody is a saint here, but you youngins could learn from our mistakes/experiences, thats all we're saying.
Old 7th October 2005, 16:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
And on another note to all: lets leave the guys alone. I think (hope) they got the picture. Nobody is a saint here, but you youngins could learn from our mistakes/experiences, thats all we're saying.

with rtech.its okay to make a mistake but only a fool makes a mistake over and over again.so its best to learn from our or even other peoples mistakes.on this site there are youngsters and oldies. .all the youngsters including me just need to learn from the elders and not do something which will seriously have a bad effect on our as well as another persons life thats all.

Rev

p.s maybe the oldies could learn something from us youngsters too.

Last edited by revtech : 7th October 2005 at 16:31.
Old 7th October 2005, 16:33   #41
BHPian

I look like a complete idiot waiting for the signal to turn green at 5.00 AM but what the heck??? I dont mind waiting a few minutes. I tell my friends - " If a engineering graduate like you cant wait at a signal then how do yuo expect every one else to do it?"

Whatever the time, if the signal is functioning, I make it a point to wait for the signal.
Old 7th October 2005, 16:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

Honestly I don't jump signals even if its late night or early in the morning, but when Iam in a signal and if theres not much traffic some fools behind me who want to jump signal start honking and because of that Iam forced to jump signals some times
Old 7th October 2005, 18:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

Nope, i've never jumped a red signal and don't plan to either.

Quote:
I don't jump signals even if its late night or early in the morning, but when Iam in a signal and if theres not much traffic some fools behind me who want to jump signal start honking and because of that Iam forced to jump signals some times
Hah, that reminds me. This one time, i was the first guy to arrive at the signal (after it went red). Just then a truck guy came behind me and started honking (as the roads were relatively deserted).

I could sense that he was getting im-patient but, i knew what i had to do and didn't budge a mm.

But, if an ambulance comes behind, then it's our duty to let them go.

Shan2nu
Old 7th October 2005, 19:12   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
But, if an ambulance comes behind, then it's our duty to let them go.
i second u on this; ambulances get priority
Old 7th October 2005, 19:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

i agree to0!!! but satan where in bangalore have you seen a person making way for an ambulance;even if its sirens and lights are on????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks