Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2013, 16:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Birth Certificate Help

Quote:
The fact that the certificate is issued by the Brahat Municipality n B'lore Karnataka identifies the specific Apollo hospital.

Dr. are these issued with the complete address of the hospital in your state?
You are right bro. I did not read the upper part of certificate. Soumyajit need not worry.

I sign all the birth certificates for births in where I am currently posted which is a govt hospital. We do write name of the hospital and place (a town) where this hospital is located. Then in another column we complete the rest of address like tehsil/post office/dist etc.
This seems to a different format than the one prevalent few years ago which was somewhat similar to soumyjit's post. My six yrs old kid has that one.
Old 6th August 2013, 12:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The birth certificate clearly mentions that the details are entered in the original register of birth of Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagar Palike, Bangalore district of Karnataka state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
You are right bro. I did not read the upper part of certificate. Soumyajit need not worry.
So I had been to my hometown and showed the BC to my parents. As usual they scolded me for not carefully verifying the details before accepting the certificate. I decided to get it updated when I come back to Bangalore.

Been 1 month, but I am too much busy or lazy to go and get it corrected.
Thanks khoj and rsjaurr - That instils some confidence in me that it is correct to have Apollo as the place of birth.
But I am yet to find a colleague who can show his kid's certificate and confirm me.
Old 23rd November 2013, 18:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Birth Certificate in Bangalore

Hello all,

Our baby was born on 4th November.

The hospital authorities told us that after 15 days we could collect the birth certificate from BBMP office, and gave us the provisional birth certificate and kept with them a form which i filled up.

Today, day 19th day, i went to BangaloreOne office in Yelahanka. Upon enquiring there they told us that the birth is still not registered in BBMP. They told us to come after about 3 weeks.

Needed inputs from Bangaloreans, how long does it take for birth to register in BBMP records? Is there any online way of checking if birth details are with BBMP or not?

I also read online that if birth certificate is not collected within 21 days of birth , then one has to submit affidavit and some additional forms. But in this case the BangaloreOne itself is saying that it takes around 1.5 months to get the certificate registered at BBMP.

Please suggest.
Old 23rd November 2013, 19:11   #19
BHPian

You may want to check at BBMP Office at M G Road as they have some constraints on dates in outlying areas. My son is also November born and couldn't get his birth certificate from Bangalore One at Byatarayanpura and got it from BBMP main office in a week.
Old 23rd November 2013, 19:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: Birth Certificate in Bangalore

First of all, congratulations!!!

Now, about the birth certificate, which BBMP office did the hospital folks tell you to go to?
For my first daughter, I had to go to the BBMP office on MG road because I had missed the deadline to collect it from their Bommanahalli office. But for my second daughter, I was able to collect it from their itself without any hassles.
Old 23rd November 2013, 20:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
First of all, congratulations!!!
Thanks Amitoj

Quote:
Now, about the birth certificate, which BBMP office did the hospital folks tell you to go to?
For my first daughter, I had to go to the BBMP office on MG road because I had missed the deadline to collect it from their Bommanahalli office. But for my second daughter, I was able to collect it from their itself without any hassles.
The hospital folks did not name any specific office, they just mentioned BBMP. By the way the hospital is in Hebbal area(Columbia asia) and so is my residence (Sahakar Nagar). Does that mean i would have to go to the BBMP office falling on this zone - which i assume is Yelahanka zone?

May i know how many days it took for your daughter's certificate to generate at bommanhalli zone office?

Whats the deadline for collecting it?
Old 23rd November 2013, 20:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Yes I think you need to go to the office in whose zone the hospital falls.
As for me, I got the birth certificate from the Bommanahalli office in less than 3 weeks. For the first one, I had to make a couple of trips to the MG road office though.
Old 23rd November 2013, 20:37   #23
BHPian

Congratulations - missed greeting you. My son was born in Columbia Asia as well; and I used to live opposite Sahakarnagar in Byatarayanpura. BBMP office in MG Road will work for you.
Old 23rd November 2013, 21:07   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Needed inputs from Bangaloreans, how long does it take for birth to register in BBMP records? Is there any online way of checking if birth details are with BBMP or not?
I went to the BBMP office that the hospital had told me about around 25 days after the birth of my daughter.
I had to show the original certificate given by hospital. They gave me a form to fill and submit. I think only parents have to do this, can't send others.
When the form is submitted to the officer, he checks the records for registration info send by the hospital at the time of birth.
Two copies of the certificate were issued. I paid Rs.100/-, though the fee is much lesser, the officer giving the certificate did say "give what u like sir"

Hereafter we can take copies of the certificate form BangaloreOne.

Last edited by sumeshmani : 23rd November 2013 at 21:09.
Old 23rd November 2013, 21:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations on the arrival of the little one !!
Happy Parenting !!

Regarding the zone which you have to visit, the Hospital authorities would be the best person to answer that.

For instance, the Apollo hospital guys asked me to visit the Bomanahalli office.
The even gave me a slip which had the Bomanahalli office address on the back side.

HERE is the detailed process that I had documented.
Old 23rd November 2013, 22:02   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

DCEite, Congratulations on your new bundle of joy!

For my son, I missed to apply for the birth certificate in BBMP - Bommanahali Office. Hence I was asked to apply in their office near Majestic bustand. I did that on 18th November and I was asked to collect the certificate by 25th November. So, basically it takes 1-2 weeks.
Old 26th November 2013, 16:13   #27
shimshumara

DCEite, congratulations on the new arrival.

PM me your mobile no, I have a contact who works in the Dept at BLR. You could talk to him any time today before 6pm or tomorrow after 11am. I will give you his details.
Cheers !

Old 28th November 2013, 12:34   #28
BHPian

We are blessed with twin boys on 18/Sep/2013. The hospital was cloudnine and they helped us to get the BC for the kiddos. We hadn't selected the name for the kids during the initial days and wish to add the names to the BC now. Do anyone know what is the process to do it? Can it be done in BangaloreOne?

Unless we add the names, the BCs for both the kids looks alike, no differentiating factor since both are boys. The BCs does not mention time of birth as well.
Old 7th January 2014, 22:23   #29
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Thanks Soumyajit9 and others for the info provided here.

My Daughter was born on Nov 6th '13. But only on last Saturday I could apply for the birth certificate. As she was born in Fortis Bannergatta road, I had to go to Bommanahalli BBMP office. I went in car and comfortably parked 500 meters away from the office, near the Nandi Toyota showroom.

Went to the office, filled the two forms, and only during submission did the officer tell me that if I want the name to be there, then I need to go to the BBMP office near Upparpet Police station in Majestic as the year was changed, and as per him, his "system was locked" to register my baby's birth. Didn't pay anything for the Forms.

Then immediately drove to Majestic, parked the car in Parking complex on BVK Iyengar road and ran to the office as it was nearing 1pm.

In the Majestic office, stood in the queue of 5 people, submitted the form with no other documents, payed Rs.140 for 5 copies. Got a computerized receipt with almost all details in it that I had filled in the forms. The cashier said me to collect the Birth Certificate on 16th Jan.

Overall experience was good, as no officer did any fuss unwantedly, no bribe and no confusion.

Soumyajit9 :In the form, did you write the place of birth as Apollo Hospital or Bangalore?

Last edited by Karthik1100 : 7th January 2014 at 22:28.
Old 7th January 2014, 22:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
We are blessed with twin boys on 18/Sep/2013. The hospital was cloudnine and they helped us to get the BC for the kiddos. We hadn't selected the name for the kids during the initial days and wish to add the names to the BC now. Do anyone know what is the process to do it? Can it be done in BangaloreOne?

Unless we add the names, the BCs for both the kids looks alike, no differentiating factor since both are boys. The BCs does not mention time of birth as well.
Update on my case. I had to visit the Padmanabanagar BBMP office to add the names. Had to pay 150/- for the process (inclusive of bribe) with two copies of BC. There is no forms to be filled. Rather had to tell them the date of birth and mother's name to get the records and update the name.
However once the records are proper, additional copies can be got from any BangaloreOne.

Last edited by rajakumar : 7th January 2014 at 22:40. Reason: added some more details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks