Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 14:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Birth Certificate Help

A cousin of mine has misplaced her birth certificate and now needs it to apply for her Malaysian citizenship,any pointers on how to get a duplicate one issued?The original was issued in prehistoric times in 1968 so no chance of finding it online.
Old 16th June 2010, 15:40   #2
BHPian

I believe your purpose of birth certificate is to issue a passport. School leaving certificate shall suffice your requirement.

I recently got the same thing done for my mother, in Nagpur.

Went to her school, the admin guy there asked us to prepare a court affidavit on a 10 Rs stamp paper.

Spent exactly 210 Rs to issue the same (PM me for details ). Again went back to school and submitted it.

My mother got her school leaving certficate yesterday (7 days after submitting the affidavit).
Old 16th June 2010, 15:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek99 View Post
I believe your purpose of birth certificate is to issue a passport. School leaving certificate shall suffice your requirement.

I recently got the same thing done for my mother, in Nagpur.

Went to her school, the admin guy there asked us to prepare a court affidavit on a 10 Rs stamp paper.

Spent exactly 210 Rs to issue the same (PM me for details ). Again went back to school and submitted it.

My mother got her school leaving certficate yesterday (7 days after submitting the affidavit).
Thanx Prateek.Let me check if thats an option,this isnt for the passport,this is for applying for her citizenship in a different country,so I am not sure if the Leaving certificate would suffice.Nevertheless thanx a ton for your tip.
Old 16th June 2010, 16:33   #4
BHPian

Welcome Ranjit.

School leaving certificate is authentic official document for date of birth. Lets hope its good enough.
Old 4th July 2010, 12:31   #5
BHPian

If you have a copy of the birth certificate, a duplicate can be made with just a small amount of donation to the concerned clerk at GHMC.

And if no copy is there, a few visits and sharing of cups of chai with the officials at GHMC will help form a bond and then with the help of new friends at GHMC and some amount of cash you can get one made.

I had got a birth certificate issued for my son sometimes in mid or late nineties with a fairly small amount of donation (though do not remember if it was at Khairatabad or Secunderabad office).
Old 21st October 2011, 14:12   #6
BHPian

Re: Birth Certificate-Secunderabad

Does anyone know how to get a duplicate copy of birth certificate issued?

I was born in Kerala, Is it possible to get it done outside kerala, say chennai/blore?

All I have is a copy of the certificate, the original was long gone.
Old 23rd October 2011, 00:41   #7
BHPian

Ranjit,

Someone was issued a birth certificate in 1968? Wow..I am amazed.

Where was the original issued at?
Old 11th February 2013, 15:23   #8
BHPian

Help required for Birth Certificate

Our household help, Roma, wants to give her 10th exams from the National Institute of Open Schooling. One of the primary requirement given by the NIOS website given here, is a birth certificate.

The entire process of admissions has been put on-line. A bit moot for people like her who do not have (easy) access to computers, internet as well as the knowledge of using them! Anyway, I have helped her through the admission, now we have the take the printout of the generated form and submit it to the NOIDA NIOS office along with other documents. Now this is where she has run into a wall.

She was born in 1993, to parents illiterate and unaware of following through the procedure of getting a Birth Certificate (BC). She has the hospital 'discharge slip' mentioning her father's name (which unfortunately does not match his name on their ration card), her mother's name, date and the gender (female), amongst other things.

She did manage to get a BC from MCD by going to the office near the hospital (Irwin, I think), but his document has errors. Most important of these is where the gender mentioned is Male! Poor girl went back to the office when I/ we pointed the error to her, only to be told that this is how it has been entered in their records, her discharge slip not withstanding.

Further, NIOS also wants the name of candidate on the BC. Now normally birth certificates do not have the child's name because in our customs / culture this is fomalised only at the 'naming' ceremony. Fortunatly there is a prescribed procedure for getting your name entered into the BC.

Roma is a very hard working girl, getting up early to first reach our house for the house work, then another and then works 8 or 9 hours in a beauty parlour. She is taking sewing classes to possibly work in a boutique and better her future. She was pulled out of school in the 3rd standard by her parents, most probably due to poverty. She does not have a school leaving certificate (which would have sufficed for the 'name' requirement on the BC). She is very keen to get a '10th Pass' and we are trying to help her in achieving her dream. Our first hurdle is getting her a correct BC with her name endorsed on it.

I understand from this website that there are ways in which even if one is late in submitting an application for a BC it is possible to get one. But the local SDM offices are a huge mess even for the educated lot like us.

I see that there are just too many discrepancies in the documents available with her. Her name is Roma but the ration card says Ramma (in Hindi). Father's name as given in the ration card (Sujoy) does not match in the discharge slip (Suraj). The BC she has managed to get, shows her as male!

Any and every help in this regard will be very useful.
Old 10th July 2013, 11:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: Birth Certificate Help

Blessed with a baby boy
So putting up a post here. Might be informative.

I was handed over the below slip and asked to visit them for Birth Certificate registration. Called up on the numbers provided. Very courteous lady on the phone, spoke good english and provided the info.

Working Hours of the BBMP office - Monday to Friday 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Holidays - Sunday, 2nd Saturday of each month and Public Holidays.

Directions to the office:

If you are coming from SilkBoard - Take right turn into Begur Main road at Bomanahalli signal.
If you are coming from Hosur / Electronics City side - Take left into Begur Main Road at Bomanahalli signal.

Birth Certificate Help-20130710_092811.jpg
Old 10th July 2013, 18:35   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Blessed with a baby boy
Attachment 1108571
Congratulations Soumyajit!!! Let your new born baby have a wonderful and blessed life. Now I know about your frequent visits to Apollo

Regarding birth certificate, make sure to get this before december. If not you will have to get it from some office near Majestic as the records will be transferred by year end. I missed it last year and now they have asked me to collect it from a different office near Majestic.

Also, better to go in a two-wheeler to this office. I think this CMC building doesn't have proper parking. I parked my car on the road near by and some one kissed the bumper corner
Old 10th July 2013, 18:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Congratulations Soumyajit!!! Let your new born baby have a wonderful and blessed life. Now I know about your frequent visits to Apollo

Regarding birth certificate, make sure to get this before december. If not you will have to get it from some office near Majestic as the records will be transferred by year end. I missed it last year and now they have asked me to collect it from a different office near Majestic.

Also, better to go in a two-wheeler to this office. I think this CMC building doesn't have proper parking. I parked my car on the road near by and some one kissed the bumper corner
Thanks for the wishes Arun.

He was born on 3rd June (6days before mine). In the following days, I had completely forgotten about getting the BC done. Recently when we went to my hometown and we were sorting and organizing the papers, I came across the Birth Note. So its more than 1 month now and I am getting impatient to getting it done soon.

The moment I saw that the office is in Bommanahalli, I made up my mind to take bike. I had been there once to drop a friend, when I had newly bought my car (2.4yrs). After dropping him, I promised that I will never ever visit that area again.
This time, I will definitely take my bike there.

By the way, I have a few questions, may be I post it here so that you or someone else can answer that:

- Will I have to fill up a form to get the birth certificate ?
- If yes, will I get the English version of the form. Or shall I Google it and download from internet and print it ?
(I had bad experience with the Aadhar center. They only provide Kannada forms. So had to download English form from internet)
- Is there any registration fee ? Or any fees for that matter ?
- How many days would it require to get the Birth Certificate ?
- Will it be sent by post ? If yes, to which address, Permanent or Current ?
- Or, do I have to visit the office and pick it up in person ?
- Last, but most important - Approximately, how much Bribe do I have to pay for getting the work done, end to end ? (I bet I have to pay).
Old 10th July 2013, 21:01   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, I have a few questions, may be I post it here so that you or someone else can answer that:

- Will I have to fill up a form to get the birth certificate ?
- If yes, will I get the English version of the form. Or shall I Google it and download from internet and print it ?
(I had bad experience with the Aadhar center. They only provide Kannada forms. So had to download English form from internet)
- Is there any registration fee ? Or any fees for that matter ?
- How many days would it require to get the Birth Certificate ?
- Will it be sent by post ? If yes, to which address, Permanent or Current ?
- Or, do I have to visit the office and pick it up in person ?
- Last, but most important - Approximately, how much Bribe do I have to pay for getting the work done, end to end ? (I bet I have to pay).
I will try to answer some of your queries,

- Yes, you need to fill some forms and it is in English only.
- I think its Rs.50/Certificate. If you want 5 copies then it will be Rs. 250. Not sure, about other charges.
- You will receive a message on your mobile once the certificate is ready. Based on this you can collect it from this office. Normally it takes a week for this process to complete.

I have just collected the forms so still a long way to go. My son was born on October last year and I went to this office couple of months back to apply for the birth certificate but they gave me the forms and told that the records till Dec-12 has been transferred to a different office and hence I will have to go there to apply for this certificate.
Old 15th July 2013, 21:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

So here is the update guys. I finally got the Birth Certificate done for my kiddo. His name is Riyansh Laha.

Here is the sequence of steps to be followed:

- Fill the required forms that will be provided to you at the BBMP office.
- Submit a photocopy of the Birth Note provided by your hospital.
- Pay an amount of Rs.50 for one certificate (multiply by the number of certificates you want).
- Pay an additional Rs.10 for the form (illegal). I didn't have change, so didn't have to pay.
- You will be issued with a paper slip*** mentioning the time when you have to come and collect the BC. For me it was just 2 days.
- Visit the BBMP office on the mentioned date and time, collect the BC, verify the details, sign the register and leave.

Simple.

Now, I have some query. Arun, would you please let me know if you have any answer for this ?

The "Place of Birth" is mentioned as "Apollo Hospital", not even Apollo Hospital Bangalore. Ideally this should be the City (B'lore).
I am feeling horrible how did I miss this when verifying this simple detail. I was more focused on the names and spellings.

Will this impact anything during the Place of Birth verification at a later stage ? I know I can get this rectified, but the feeling of again taking 2 days off and spending sometime at the BBMP office is giving me second thoughts.

Birth Certificate Help-20130712_123101.jpg

Birth Certificate Help-20130715_153101.jpg
Old 19th July 2013, 20:19   #14
BHPian

^ You have to get the place of birth changed to Bangalore (city) coz there are many Apollo hospitals in India.
Write a simple letter to concerned authorities (officer in charge) with the discrepancy mentioned by you and it should be done within few days. there is a provision in law which allows you to change place of birth by writing a simple letter though procedure is bit different for older kids.
Old 19th July 2013, 23:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

The birth certificate clearly mentions that the details are entered in the original register of birth of Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagar Palike, Bangalore district of Karnataka state. The place of birth as mentioned is in the correct format. For example if someone were born at home then the place of birth would be home and not the complete address. At the most they might change it to Apollo Hospitals Ltd. MG Raod (as an example) but I doubt it. Do keep us posted that is if you decide to try out. On second thought why don't you cross check with your friends, office colleagues whose children have been born in B'lore and see what their certificates read.

Quote:
The "Place of Birth" is mentioned as "Apollo Hospital", not even Apollo Hospital Bangalore. Ideally this should be the City (B'lore).
I am feeling horrible how did I miss this when verifying this simple detail. I was more focused on the names and spellings.

Will this impact anything during the Place of Birth verification at a later stage ? I know I can get this rectified, but the feeling of again taking 2 days off and spending sometime at the BBMP office is giving me second thoughts.

Attachment 1111052

Attachment 1111053
The fact that the certificate is issued by the Brahat Municipality n B'lore Karnataka identifies the specific Apollo hospital.

Dr. are these issued with the complete address of the hospital in your state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
^ You have to get the place of birth changed to Bangalore (city) coz there are many Apollo hospitals in India.

Records have been kept much before the IT age dawned on us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Ranjit,

Someone was issued a birth certificate in 1968? Wow..I am amazed.

Where was the original issued at?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks