Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 12:54   #76
BHPian

I am also looking for a driver from past many weeks but In my locality they are demanding 6.5K for Mon-Fri... Is this OK or overpriced. Previously few years back I was paying 4K.
Old 16th December 2009, 14:55   #77
BHPian

6.5-7/7.5 I think is ok, for Delhi at least. From what I've heard, Mumbai pays about 8-8.5k in some place? Not too sure. At least my cousin does!
Old 16th December 2009, 16:10   #78
BHPian

I'm paying Rs 7000 per month for my driver in Chennai. He works 6 days a week with Sunday's off
Old 16th December 2009, 16:24   #79
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Going by hearsay from several of my friends a good chauffeur in Bangalore costs about Rs 7000-9000 per month. Work 6 days a week with one day off.

Many qualified chauffeurs prefer to go and work with MERU and other such services because the lure of a perceived higher take-home is there.

The chauffeurs in the market dont normally stop to consider all the other perks of working for private individuals - for example, food, clothes,footwear, festival gifts and generally chilled out working hours and of course decent treatment and consideration.
Old 16th December 2009, 16:30   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The chauffeurs in the market dont normally stop to consider all the other perks of working for private individuals - for example, food, clothes,footwear, festival gifts and generally chilled out working hours and of course decent treatment and consideration.
Job stability my friend. Obviously a Meru job is a much more safer than individual service.
Old 16th December 2009, 16:50   #81
BHPian

To put it in perspective, engineering freshers (from tier 2 and 3 colleges) get paid between 5k to 10k a month for the first year or two!

Life has certainly become expensive!
Old 16th December 2009, 17:11   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Many qualified chauffeurs prefer to go and work with MERU and other such services because the lure of a perceived higher take-home is there.
It is not just perceived. Most of the drivers who drive MERU make 15-18K per month. A month back I had sprained my foot and was practically taking Meru to work every day and almost every day the driver concurred with above figures. There are some MERU drivers who practically don't go home to sleep and make as much as 30K per month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Job stability my friend. Obviously a Meru job is a much more safer than individual service.
Here is where there is a divided opinion. A lot of those who drive Meru feel that being a chauffeur is more stable option. Here in Meru, if you don't drive, you don't get paid as opposed to a fixed paycheck every month as individual driver plus there is a lot more opportunity to spend time with family as individual chauffeur.
Old 16th December 2009, 17:13   #83
BHPian

I pay 7k , Sunday holday. Saturday on call basis.
Timing
Reports at 8am , is off at 7pm
Old 16th December 2009, 18:10   #84
BHPian

I have three, and all are for business purpose. One is a relative, one sort of a friend, and the third one a Dubai- returnee. Each is paid 9,000 + food & family Mediclaim along with festival- time gifts, generous support for marriages, building houses, education of children/ siblings, and sometimes clothes, home appliances, etc. whenever I feel so. Actually, the 9,000 is just a cash component. Each gets more than double that when calculated on an annualized basis. I expect them to be on duty whenever needed, and never drink when driving, not even beer. No speeding, no unnecessary use of horn, no rash overtaking, and be very gentle with the vehicle, gentle right foot, smooth gear-shifting,... Sometimes they get crazy and fume at me over my "co- driving"! Treat them as part of my extended family, sort of. They all are my Men Friday, and run errands.

Oh, and most of my friends and peers pay 4,500- 6,000 plus perks to their drivers.

Last edited by Yeldo : 16th December 2009 at 18:14.
Old 18th December 2009, 00:44   #85
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gentleman Akaushik,

What a driver will do with a mere 6000 per month in Delhi? I met a driver of a Ritz car in MASS and casually asked about his salary and he told 6K. I told him that his malik is good and advised him to be grateful. He too told some times his boss give money for books and school fees. Good man and felt generous man in Madurai. Time did not permit other wise I could have met his boss and wished him.

Last edited by navan49 : 18th December 2009 at 00:46.
Old 19th October 2010, 19:24   #86
BHPian

Salary in Bangalore

Hello Folks,

Bumping up an old thread. I need some useful data points for driver's salary in Bangalore for the following requirement

Car to be driven : Santro
Duration of work : 8 ~ 10 hrs
Location of work : Bangalore
Typical work hours : 7:30am to 4:30pm

Thanks for the pointers..

Cheers
Old 19th October 2010, 20:59   #87
Senior - BHPian

We just hired one in Bangalore for 7K per month. Has about 4-5 yrs exp and knows all the routes.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:41   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a driver for my i10 Kappa and he comes at 9:30AM and stays back until 7:30PM. However, his daily running is less than 30kms, so basically he sleeps most of the afternoon whilst waiting for wifey or mom

We pay him Rs.5.5K per month and many times lunch is also provided.
Old 29th November 2010, 20:06   #89
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone give me few contacts of any good & reliable drivers pls? I've no details of the car, distance to travel, working hours or salary as I'm requesting this for our VP who works out of Bangalore. If you can provide some good contacts by tomorrow, there's nothing best than it. Tks in advance.
Old 29th November 2010, 21:03   #90
mgh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Can anyone give me few contacts of any good & reliable drivers pls? I've no details of the car, distance to travel, working hours or salary as I'm requesting this for our VP who works out of Bangalore. If you can provide some good contacts by tomorrow, there's nothing best than it. Tks in advance.
google for driver services bangalore
from yahoo answers
Have had experience with EZi Drive-contact person Mr Syed- though their site mentions short term drivers on hourly basis, longer term arrangements are also possible. Was using them regularly, stopped about 3 years back, when we hired full time driver.
their web site

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks