Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2008, 17:03   #2686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Note: Pankaj, VRV Singh were unimpressive in the 1st innings of this match but they seem to be getting into the groove in 2nd innings.

diabloo buddy, i ask you the same, why weren't the singhs given ample time to bowl themselves into form ? 17 overs from 4 bowlers is a farce, that too expecting the opposition to chase 315 in those overs. If it were to be something like 200 in 35 overs & our burly singhs performed, i would have been extremely proud.
Old 12th January 2008, 20:11   #2687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
seriously, you don't think he is that good or that fast ?
Honestly - N O W A Y
Old 12th January 2008, 22:24   #2688
BANNED

In 3 days, we need both batting & bowling practice. Fortunately atleast 17 overs were available for out bowlers for practice.
This match was played with 12 players. In 1st innings ACT team declared before surpassing India XI's score. Why? This is match is just for practice. No point aiming for a win in just 3 days. What do you get by winning against a club team?
Quote:
diabloo buddy, i ask you the same, why weren't the singhs given ample time to bowl themselves into form ? 17 overs from 4 bowlers is a farce, that too expecting the opposition to chase 315 in those overs. If it were to be something like 200 in 35 overs & our burly singhs performed, i would have been extremely proud.
Old 12th January 2008, 22:58   #2689
rks
BANNED

Quote:
They would have probably performed like Santa and Banta. Seriously, a defeat for the Indians in this game would probably have a demorlalizing effect and that is why Indians did not want to take a risk. Secondly, I think the Indians wanted to look hard at their batting options including Pathan.

But this match is not really an indicator for who is fit to play in the Perth Test and who is not. There is too much of gulf between Test matches and inconsequential first-class matches like these. I fear that Jaffer is the kind of guy that will swallow up anything less than Test bowling, but get defeated at the highest level. Hope I am proven wrong.

I personally would want Karthik and Pathan in the team in place of Jaffer and Yuvraj. I wouldn't want to gamble with Sehwag, but in fairness to him, he could succeed if it is his day.
Old 12th January 2008, 23:27   #2690
BHPian

Quote:
i cannot understand we bowled 17 overs expecting the below par ACT XI to chase 315. Unbelievably stupid, whys couldn't we declare earlier ?

Because, they have no intention of playing either VRV or Pankaj in the Perth test. Ishant and RP are first choice. If they play a third seamer, then it's going to be Pathan.

The burning question at hand was regarding the selection of Yuvi and the openers for the next test. Those questions have been answered, I guess.
Old 13th January 2008, 16:24   #2691
Senior - BHPian

Today Symonds has renewed the war of words once again saying that only his friends are liable to abuse him racialy and he will also laugh. But when it comes from opposition or rivals, he will not tolerate.

Our Laloo Yadav also wants our team t come back. Our BCCI president should take a tough stand now.
Old 13th January 2008, 17:14   #2692
Senior - BHPian

The Hindu News Update Service

Quote:
Akram vividly recalled how he bowled a good length delivery to Australian opener David Boon who, even as he came forward, was surprised to see it rear up and hit him smack on the face.
Akram said he wants India to do well here but felt they will find it tough to survive there.
India will struggle to last five days at WACA: Chris Rogers

Quote:
"You really have to play your best innings ever to survive on the WACA this season," opined the 31-year-old Rogers, who has an average of 47.93 in 104 first class games with 22 centuries.

"I would be surprised if the game goes into the fifth day." His words would be a warning for the Indians, who are 0-2 down in the series and need a win in Perth to remain in the series. PTI
Quote:
The lead for the Indians ought to come from batting great Sachin Tendulkar who is the lone Indian to have played a Test at the dreaded WACA in 1992.
We need to try out Shewag with Jaffer or Karthik and let Dravid play in his usual role. I was surprised to read that none of the members in the current squad except Sachin has played a test here.

Forget the win, hope our team gives a good and entertaining fight here in WACA
Old 13th January 2008, 20:49   #2693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I was surprised to read that none of the members in the current squad except Sachin has played a test here.

The last time he played at Perth, he made a fantastic century. An innings that defined the Sachin we know today. Let's hope he is able to repeat it.
Old 14th January 2008, 00:15   #2694
LLL
BHPian

How dumb can a cricketer be?

How dumb can a cricketer be?

Try this:

1. This gentleman was out on 30 but did not walk and went on to make 162. Then he goes to press and tells the whole world that he was out but didnt walk. So why is he admitting it now?

2. He had no proof, no evidence, umpires didnt hear him being called a monkey. He still went ahead and lodged a complaint to ICC and created an international incident. He could have simply accepted kumble's offer and defused a crisis.

3. Now, he goes to press claiming he doesnt mind racism and is not affected by it when it comes from friends. In fact, he can even joke about it. So if he is not really affected from racism, then why is he complaining?

I reckon god doesnt create humanoids/homo sapiens/humans dumber than this.
Old 14th January 2008, 09:12   #2695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
The last time he played at Perth, he made a fantastic century. An innings that defined the Sachin we know today. Let's hope he is able to repeat it.
that knock is still fresh in my mind. the headlines in the hindu next day "Tendulkar illuminates Perth"
Old 14th January 2008, 13:03   #2696
Senior - BHPian

Whats happening with the Bhajji case ? Wasnt that supposed to be over before India took the field at Perth ?
Old 14th January 2008, 13:09   #2697
Senior - BHPian

Bhajjis case hearing will happen after the fourth test match before the 1 day series. So the loss on CA will reduce in case of a pullout
Old 14th January 2008, 18:00   #2698
LLL
BHPian

So kumble decides to spare hogg in hope that aussies would do the same to bhajji.

However, icc says it cant happen because: "But in Harbhajan's case, the charges were brough by both the on-field umpires, after which ICC has already appointed John Hansen as the Appeals Commissioner. The process would go the full distance in this case", the source said.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1145048

Now, how could the umpires, who admitted that they didnt hear a thing, bring about this charge?
Old 15th January 2008, 01:15   #2699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
However, icc says it cant happen because: "But in Harbhajan's case, the charges were brough by both the on-field umpires, after which ICC has already appointed John Hansen as the Appeals Commissioner. The process would go the full distance in this case", the source said.

DNA - Sport - Charges against Harbhajan can't be dropped now: ICC - Daily News & Analysis

Now, how could the umpires, who admitted that they didnt hear a thing, bring about this charge?

We could argue that the umpires only acted as the official channel, the actual complaint was made by Ricky Ponting. He went through the proper channel.
Old 15th January 2008, 01:43   #2700
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
We could argue that the umpires only acted as the official channel, the actual complaint was made by Ricky Ponting. He went through the proper channel.
And indians didnt? i am sure they would have...

ICC and its rules beat me. No wonder everyone calls it as a spineless spectator.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks