Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2005, 11:13   #1
BHPian

The Cricket Thread

With the wipe out of the Sri Lankans by Dravid's Tigers looks like Ganguly's chances of making it to the Indian Cricket Team are even worse than ever...to make things worse he got out for a duck in the Duleep Trophy game yesterday. With this "permanent" bad patch he is going through, can he make a come-back?
Sid Schumacher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2005, 11:42   #2

It seems pretty unlikely that he will.
Old 13th November 2005, 11:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Not likely, at least not till people get tired of poor Dravid and start baying for his blood too. Then the same newspapers who orchestrated a campaign against him will clamour for his return to 'save' the Indian team.

In any case he is horribly out of touch and deserves to sit out. What use is a captain who doesnt deserve his place in the playing 11?
Old 13th November 2005, 16:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Steeroid. Ganguly has been out of form for a while and others deserved a chance. The one day team have shown they are capable of beating a world class ODI team and as such I do not see why ganguly should be let back in.

I would go as far as leaving him out the test team as well. There are more consistant players out there.

However I think Dalmiya will pull the strings to get him a berth in the team.
Old 13th November 2005, 16:45   #5
BHPian

No Way he's gonna come back...

Shekhar Suman now a days is earing his roji roti on the basis of Dada jokes...for the sake of Shekhar Suman, let's leave Dada outside..
Old 13th November 2005, 18:24   #6
BHPian

Raina, gambhir, venugopal rao, pathan, Dhoni........ why on earth do we need Ganguly... let the young guns come in....and let all the "world class players" including sachin fight for thier place...This is the new generation Team India...

Sorry ...according to me no more Ganguly....

CAT
Old 13th November 2005, 19:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

I doubt ! infact i dont think he will be back - even for the tests .

his form has deserted him. and to top it, the coach has been proved right with the teams performance over srilanka , so even that chance is gone !

but not to forget - Saurav Da was the best captain India had IMO. and he was the skipper who started the rise of Indian cricket and even got us some memorable victories. His contribution cannot be overlooked by any means ! He gave Indian cricket a lot !
Old 13th November 2005, 20:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
but not to forget - Saurav Da was the best captain India had IMO. and he was the skipper who started the rise of Indian cricket and even got us some memorable victories. His contribution cannot be overlooked by any means ! He gave Indian cricket a lot !
He gave it guts, only it was taken for arrogance by people who were not used to an Indian Team giving back as good as it got.
Old 13th November 2005, 20:05   #9
BHPian

despite his bad form, he is too good a player to be left out of the team.
i think he'll be back.
Old 13th November 2005, 22:32   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
despite his bad form, he is too good a player to be left out of the team.
He had (has) style. I like him. Because he's one great example of bong. Sorry, didnt want to get into different discussion....but being a bong, can't help it.

It'll be a long time or never for him to get back.
Well, as long as our man from down under is there..
Old 13th November 2005, 23:03   #11
BHPian

The way his exit was instrumented was pathetic. There could have been better ways he could have been made sit out. He is out of form and does not deserve his place in the team, but he ain't deserve this treatment either.

At the selection panel for the last series and today.....?

I don't think there's much he can do now. His fate lies in the hands of the selectors and the administrators (politicians).

And as always the media is behaving like a bunch of donkey's in case of Dravid and the success of the team. Come on, we have had just one good series. Let's not over hype that.
Old 13th November 2005, 23:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

I would say NO, atleast not in the near future. The kinda game India is playin with all the youngsters in form means there is no place for Ganguly in the team. And Dravid is makin a good captain too, so there is absolutely no need for him right now with the kinda game hez been playin
Old 13th November 2005, 23:06   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
I like him. Because he's one great example of bong. ....but being a bong, can't help it.
You can rightfully fell so...
Also you are not the only bong at that either.
Of all the newspaper, i guess, only the statesman supported him day in day out in the aftermath of that nasty spat he had with the coach. I was surprised to the extent they went to justify what ever he did.
Old 13th November 2005, 23:17   #14
Team-BHP Support

In the Duleep Trophy final, Ganguly scored ducks in both innings, including a golden duck. That's yesterday and today. Now, why would anyone want him back in this kind of form? He used to be great, made great contributions, but now he is not at all performing, fights with the coach in public, you can't keep him in the team based on his past contributions.

For a change we have a performing captain now, let's hope they will give him a free hand.
Old 14th November 2005, 00:36   #15
Team-BHP Support

Sourav Ganguly is capable of batting really well. Anyone who has watched him bat will agree. But, IMO, if someone is out of form and not scoring many runs, he has no place in the national side, be he Sourav or Sachin or Rahul or Viru. However, if Ganguly does regain his touch, there's no reason he can't make a come back.

Most Viewed