Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2006, 15:24   #106
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The match referee has fined Sreeshant 10% for improper conduct for walking up to Hashim Amla after he dismissed him.

While what he did was wrong, how come these very same match referees dont see Andre Nel? Or do they have selective vision?
Nothing wrong in the decission if you see the reason refree gave!Its Hashima and not Nel..a sign of relief atleat for us as shree has not been penalised for WRONG(Nel)reason.Goro ki na kalo ki,ye duniya he sirf ICC walon ki !Absolutely rubish decission imo.
Old 21st December 2006, 11:36   #107
Senior - BHPian

yeah, i think the 'white' skins are exempt from match referee wraths.
Old 21st December 2006, 15:43   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
Nothing wrong in the decission if you see the reason refree gave!Its Hashima and not Nel..
Buddy, what Steeroid was pointing out was that Andre Nel was sledging each & every Indian batsmen is full view of all concerned but the match referee didn't fine him anything.....
Old 21st December 2006, 21:52   #109
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Buddy, what Steeroid was pointing out was that Andre Nel was sledging each & every Indian batsmen is full view of all concerned but the match referee didn't fine him anything.....
Sumanji I know and same I wrote (into bracket) that refree did the right job to panish him for Hashima and not for Nel(Aab aayi baat samaj me?!).Hope you got me this time.
Old 2nd January 2007, 15:44   #110
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Fantastic win. All contributed except for Wasim Jaffer and VRV Singh. When Munaf Patel is available he willl replace VRV. I would like to see Irfan Pathan included as all-rounder in place of Jaffer.
One test later, I was right about VRV Singh. But maybe I was too harsh on Jaffer. He does have technical shortcomings, but compared to some of our seniors like Sehwag, Jaffer did OK to at least get into the twenties in the second Test. I think it is Sehwag's head which will be on the block if he flops in the third Test. Eventually the likes of Yuvraj, Kaif and Pathan will have to get into this team at the expense of some of the seniors.

Sad that we caved in so pathetically in the second Test. A few more overs and bad light would have saved us. As I write, India are off to a decent start in the third Test, for the first time in this series (50+ for no loss). But we are really a bowler short against the South Africans on an apparently good batting pitch.
Old 2nd January 2007, 15:48   #111
Senior - BHPian

Yep, a new opening combination has straightaway set the record of batting more than 10 overs. really groovy, isn't it ???
Old 2nd January 2007, 16:47   #112
Senior - BHPian

As per Cricinfo (and Ravi Shastri), the pitch is more Indian than South African. This is a HUGE deal in my opinion - SA not building the pitch to their "strength"

-Amen
Old 2nd January 2007, 17:30   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
As per Cricinfo (and Ravi Shastri), the pitch is more Indian than South African. This is a HUGE deal in my opinion - SA not building the pitch to their "strength"

-Amen
probably they thought that they would be 2 up coming into this test & prepared a strip to please us.
Old 5th January 2007, 19:21   #114
Senior - BHPian

The mess up in today's cricket match is entirely due to one man-Sachin tendulkar,before he arrived we were looking quite comfortable[after the initial fall of wickets],but once he arrived the runs just dried up.
This is the difference between the overly hyped sachin and lara or pointing.When they are at the crease even if they are carrying an injury you can be rest assured that scoring rate will not drop wheras sachin just created more pressure for the team.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 5th January 2007 at 19:22.
Old 5th January 2007, 19:52   #115
Senior - BHPian

In test cricket, Sachin might be a great batsman but definitely not a valuable player. How many times did Sachin take India to safety with his batting skills?
Old 5th January 2007, 22:25   #116
ECM
BHPian

Tomorrow get your bottles ready to celebrate Indian Victory...........

reason????????????????

Only one thing I have spotted and that is.............,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Kumble's lost flipper is working again,yes he lost it and when he tried this ball in recent matches he used to ball it out side the leg stump but in this test I saw him dead on spot with this flipper(top spiner),if he gets this going again tomorrow god saves SA,I bet for India which I normally don't do lately.Other bowlers just need to apply and ball wood to wood which is grounded just in front of w.c,wish me a good luck though I doubt I may not need it if above thing happens tomorrow.
Old 8th January 2007, 13:56   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tomorrow never comes - if India plays.

Quote:
reason????????????????

Only one thing I have spotted and that is.............,,,,,,,,,,,,,Kumble's lost flipper is working again,yes he lost it and when he tried this ball in recent matches he used to ball it out side the leg stump but in this test I saw him dead on spot with this flipper(top spiner),if he gets this going again tomorrow god saves SA,
Well guess the flipper deserted him again....or he lost vision ???

Quote:
I bet for India
you were being brave

Quote:
which I normally don't do lately.
while here you were sensible

Quote:
Other bowlers just need to apply and ball wood to wood which is grounded just in front of w.c,wish me a good luck though I doubt I may not need it if above thing happens tomorrow.
All the best - Good Luck. The game of musical chairs is going to begin for the next series.

ECM - hold on to that bottle of bubbly tight - maybe you might get a chance to open it when its VINTAGE !!
Old 9th January 2007, 11:33   #118
ECM
BHPian

Bhai I filled up Chhas(butter milk) in my bottle for a change now...haha.Accept your mistake when you go wrong,I was wrong and that I accept.Perhaps we never deserve to win this last match...nothing has changed so far in our team and honestly they let US down most of time.No words I have so stopping now,thx for chipping in buddy.
Old 9th January 2007, 17:21   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I bet for India which I normally don't do lately
I think you were better off when you were not betting for india. bet for australia man, thats a sure winner
Old 9th January 2007, 17:33   #120
Senior - BHPian

I am sure if Sourav was the Captain, we could have won the SA Test Series with ease!
That guy (Mr.Dravid) has no skills of a Captain, he is just good as a Test batsman! Nothing more!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks