Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2006, 23:23   #91
Senior - BHPian

hey, did you guys see sreesanth doing the jig in front of nel after he walloped nel for a six over his head ???/ made you feel on top, man, that was unbelievable

Last edited by esteem_lover : 17th December 2006 at 23:29.
Old 17th December 2006, 23:39   #92
F50
Senior - BHPian

That was a really funny thing ...Andre Nel has has stupid genes of talking too much and not bowling.
In the past I have seen Aussies dispatching him all over the ground but this was something unusual. The follow through of Shreesanth was great. Dancing in typical Mallu style.

It only reminded me of Lagaan.
Old 18th December 2006, 00:16   #93
Senior - BHPian

Well the ex National Breakdance Champion did a rather entertaining jig in the middle of the pitch, and I guess someone like Nel needs that kind of treatment - it was the stuff dreams are made up of. Tailender being sledged by fast bowler, then stepping out to hoick him over the head for a six. The dance only made it more entertaining!

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, but Saurav Ganguly coming back into the team seems to have brought out the fighter instinct yet again. I could be wrong, but it is a rather remarkable turnaround for a team that was crumpled up, trampled upon and generally thrown into the garbage bin in the ODI series.
Old 18th December 2006, 00:31   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
hey, did you guys see sreesanth doing the jig in front of nel after he walloped nel for a six over his head ???/ made you feel on top, man, that was unbelievable
Just loved that,actually during the ODI's itself I felt somebody should just give it back to Nel.He deserves a taste of his own medicine.

But andre nel is yet to bat in the second innings,expect some zulu stuff from him too.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 18th December 2006 at 00:37.
Old 18th December 2006, 10:38   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Just loved that,actually during the ODI's itself I felt somebody should just give it back to Nel.He deserves a taste of his own medicine.

But andre nel is yet to bat in the second innings,expect some zulu stuff from him too.
yeah, but no one is going to pitch it up to him.
Old 18th December 2006, 11:00   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Prior to this ball, Nel had sledged Sreesanth - and what follows is gold:
Old 18th December 2006, 15:09   #97
Senior - BHPian

More comprehensive video:
Cricket: Sreesanth Swinging His Bat?! - Google Video
Old 18th December 2006, 17:46   #98
BHPian

Great News.
India Won the first-ever Test match in SA.
Nice achivement.

Well Done Sourav, Laxman & sreeshanth.

Last edited by greatDrive : 18th December 2006 at 17:49.
Old 18th December 2006, 23:06   #99
ECM
BHPian

Lesson for our team and bunch of jokers(selectors)

*Those who made come back contributed heavily in this team for this victory.Shreesant was the best example followed by Zahir,Dada,Kumble and VVS(shree and Kumble were not in 1 day squad and rest were out of team since long time)in short time to give a thought on dravid,sehwag and tendya to send them for a LONG vacation.
Old 18th December 2006, 23:20   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
*Those who made come back contributed heavily in this team for this victory.Shreesant was the best example followed by Zahir,Dada,Kumble and VVS(shree and Kumble were not in 1 day squad and rest were out of team since long time)in short time to give a thought on dravid,sehwag and tendya to send them for a LONG vacation.
it is sad that you have to say that. dravid is indispensable for this indian side which boasts of stroke players & sachin & sehwag put fear into the bowlers' minds everytime they step out, immaterial of whether they are in form or not. and to discount these 2 is a big mistake.
Old 18th December 2006, 23:26   #101
rks
BANNED

Fantastic win. All contributed except for Wasim Jaffer and VRV Singh. When Munaf Patel is available he willl replace VRV. I would like to see Irfan Pathan included as all-rounder in place of Jaffer. Irfan is a very good player of pace bowling and can even open the innings. His presence can only strengthen our seam attack on South African pitches.
Old 19th December 2006, 00:05   #102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Fantastic win. All contributed except for Wasim Jaffer and VRV Singh. When Munaf Patel is available he willl replace VRV.
Hey, Seems you missed out on the importance of VRV Singhs knock of 29 in the first innings !! It gave a psychological edge to our players as the S.Africans were getting ready to bat when he walked out , though he threw all their plans out of the window .. Jaffer, definitely did not have a good match but then we cant go asking for his head !!

Also what I wud luv to see is --- the people who kept going on camera howling about teh Indian Teams performance in the ODIs , burning effigies, attacking Kaifs house , etc ect --- Get all those GOD DAMN ILLITERATE FARTS out publicly and thram teh **** out of them , not forgetting the Politicians who had suddenly turned into Cricket Selectors and disrupted the session.

O wonder where all those wimps vanish when the Indian Team does us proud .... go into hiding and wish the team wud screw up so that they get a chance to do something and get their 2 mins of fame ....

WELL DONE DRAVID & CO ....... --- You guys showed a lot of character in coming out and playing the way you did specially after the thrashing you got in the ODI's . I wish the entire team wud do teh Sreesanth Jig to all those who doubted your capabilities after a bad phase in the recent past .

Dont let up in Durban ....
Old 19th December 2006, 12:50   #103
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Hey, Seems you missed out on the importance of VRV Singhs knock of 29 in the first innings !! It gave a psychological edge to our players as the S.Africans were getting ready to bat when he walked out , though he threw all their plans out of the window .. Jaffer, definitely did not have a good match but then we cant go asking for his head !!
I did forget VRV Singh's contribution with the bat. It was no doubt important, but his bowling has yet to mature. He has pace, but he needs to move the ball around a lot more in order to trouble the South Africans. I think Munaf Patel will undoubtedly be more potent.

Wasim Jaffer is a good player, but his technical shortcomings against the moving ball will be exposed in SA. Like Sehwag, he may do well if he survives the initial blast from the new ball bowlers. But we really do need Irfan Pathan. He could be a potent bowler under these conditions and his batting is under-rated. He has loads of time to play pace bowling and has a decent technique. We can't just depend on Sreesanth and Zaheer to do the pace bowling. If they are over-bowled they will be less effective and will break down with injuries. In SA we need four quality seamers and that is only possible if at least one of them is an all-rounder (SA are fortunate to have Pollock and Kallis).

Quote:
Also what I wud luv to see is --- the people who kept going on camera howling about teh Indian Teams performance in the ODIs , burning effigies, attacking Kaifs house , etc ect --- Get all those GOD DAMN ILLITERATE FARTS out publicly and thram teh **** out of them , not forgetting the Politicians who had suddenly turned into Cricket Selectors and disrupted the session.
I agree. And Kaif is another player who I think is a better bet than Jaffer. He is technically superior and can be moulded into an opener.

Last edited by rks : 19th December 2006 at 12:58.
Old 19th December 2006, 12:56   #104
Senior - BHPian

The match referee has fined Sreeshant 10% for improper conduct for walking up to Hashim Amla after he dismissed him.

While what he did was wrong, how come these very same match referees dont see Andre Nel? Or do they have selective vision?
Old 19th December 2006, 13:01   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The match referee has fined Sreeshant 10% for improper conduct for walking up to Hashim Amla after he dismissed him.

While what he did was wrong, how come these very same match referees dont see Andre Nel? Or do they have selective vision?
Australians and South Africans will not be punished, no matter what they do! I still remember what Alan Donald did to Rahul Dravid. Like that, there are so many altercations and it is always Indians who get punished for little things. It is time BCCI makes a hue and cry about all this. After all, it is the richest board in the world and it should show some spine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks