Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2007, 17:50   #211
Senior - BHPian

India on Top. Lets see whether they bowl out bangladesh twice in three days.

Both Sachin and Ganguly scored 100. Ganguly (100) and Sachin (101) were out immediatley after making 100.

Sachin scored his 36th hundred. Its a question of time before Ponting gets past this record (he scored eight 100's in his last 15 matches, whereas Sachin scored only one 100 in his last 15 matches (excluding 36th)

God you saved Zim from aussies
Old 22nd May 2007, 16:22   #212
Senior - BHPian

OMG India huffing and puffing in a test match against bangladesh.We are as good as done and should stay out as far as cricket is concerned.
Old 22nd May 2007, 16:27   #213
Senior - BHPian

bangla has an outside chance to win this match.
Old 27th May 2007, 14:45   #214
rks
BANNED

Whither Tendulkar?

"Whither Tendulkar?" See the article at

Cricinfo - Whither Tendulkar?

Confirms what a lot of us have been saying about the man. Greg Chappell had the guts to question the selfish attitude displayed by our seniors, and he ultimately paid the price for that. For reactions to the article, see the following blogsite:

Cricinfo - Blogs - Cricinfo Select - Whither Tendulkar?

Regarging the present team, people Kaif and Pathan should walk in; dump Tendulkar and say, Sharma. And Yuvraj is too good a player to be left out. Should come into the team in place of either Ganguly or Jaffer.

Last edited by rks : 27th May 2007 at 15:04.
Old 28th May 2007, 12:17   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks;450011
[URL="http://blogs.cricinfo.com/cricinfoselect/archives/2007/05/whither_tendulkar.php"
Cricinfo - Blogs - Cricinfo Select - Whither Tendulkar?[/url]

It's always the guys who hate will pour in lots of negative comments utilizing the opportunity of extending what the author has written.

I was really surprised at majority comments supporting Sachin. Lets wait and see how he performs is England.

Also he will get into the one day side too very soon.
Old 28th May 2007, 12:56   #216
BHPian

Result of series with Bdesh should not taken seriously. Lets wait and watch how they perform in the next tour.
Old 28th May 2007, 13:23   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
"Confirms what a lot of us have been saying about the man. Greg Chappell had the guts to question the selfish attitude displayed by our seniors, and he ultimately paid the price for that.
As I had said earlier - we Indians cannot take criticism constructively.

Sachin in reply to Greg's so called "accusations" said - no one has questioned me all these 17 years - instead he should have introspected - why is someone questioning me after 17 years ?

But NO - how can anyone talk about the "Best Player in the World" *sniggerring" like that ?

Quote:
Regarging the present team, people Kaif and Pathan should walk in; dump Tendulkar and say, Sharma. And Yuvraj is too good a player to be left out. Should come into the team in place of either Ganguly or Jaffer.
Agree on Kaif and Yuvraj but according to me - Pathan still will have to have to prove that he can bowl faster than Kumble to command a place as a medium pace bowler in the team. Also lets keep Harbhajan Singh as far away from the Indian team as possible. He is a big failure in the last 2-3 years. Also how could I forget Sehwag - well now that Kartick has done well, it's goodbye Sehwag in tests till Kartick fails.

Kartick's is a classic example of youth wanting to prove themselves and perform on the world stage but being held back by our arrogant non performing seniors.

for the long post.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:05   #218
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Agree on Kaif and Yuvraj but according to me - Pathan still will have to have to prove that he can bowl faster than Kumble to command a place as a medium pace bowler in the team.
I agree with your post. Regarding Pathan. I saw him take a hat-trick against Pakistan and he swung the ball around a lot, at a decent pace. But he seems to have lost confidence, with all the chopping and changing done by the selectors. I think in England, Pathan will have the ideal bowling conditions to rehabilitate himself. Plus he is a very good batsman with excellent technique and has loads of time to play pace bowling. I feel Pathan's role should be that of all-rounder, not opening bowler. Here is my *very bold* selection for the England tour, both Tests and One-dayers (assuming Sreesanth and Munaf Patel get fit):

1. Dinesh Karthik
2. Mohd. Kaif
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Yuvraj Singh
5. M. S. Dhoni
6. Irfan Pathan
7. R.R. Powar
8. Anil Kumble
9. Zaheer Khan
10. S. Sreesanth
11. Munaf Patel

There are 3 all-rounders, Dhoni, Pathan and Powar who will be expected to contribute with the bat. Two spinners and four fast bowlers (two right-arm, two left-arm) would also be at the disposal of Dravid. Yuvraj can bowl his left-armers too in one-dayers. Kaif would have to fit in as opener, just like Karthik did. In my opinion, he will be a success and has better technique than Jaffer (who has a lot of guts, though). Ganguly, Laxman, Jaffer, R. P. Singh and V.R.V Singh will be breathing down the necks of this first 11 and should keep them on their toes.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:21   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Kaif would have to fit in as opener, just like Karthik did. In my opinion, he will be a success and has better technique than Jaffer (who has a lot of guts, though).
rks, i dont agree with your choice of having Kaif as an opener. I think Jaffer has a better technique while opening.

My 15 members for England would be -

Jaffer
Kartick
Dravid
Yuvraj
Kaif
Sachin
Ganguly
Dhoni
Kumble
Powar
Piyush Chawla / VRV Singh
Zaheer
Agarkar
Sreesanth / Munaf - whoever fit
RP Singh

This is for the test matches.
Old 28th May 2007, 16:29   #220
rks
BANNED

Quote:
rks, i dont agree with your choice of having Kaif as an opener. I think Jaffer has a better technique while opening.
Actually I am 50:50 about Jaffer, who is a gutsy player and not afraid to play shots. But in England the ball will move and seam around a lot and my belief is that Jaffer will have a tough time. Of course I will be happy to be proven wrong. I believe Kaif can come good, if given a sustained opportunity (which he never got); he has the technique and the temperament, plus the quick reflexes.
Old 26th June 2007, 19:25   #221
Senior - BHPian

India 242 in alloted 50 overs with 8 wicket falling. Let's see whether they contain SA within this total.

Poor Sachin got caught short of crease in his attempt to second run & was run out for 99. Good one from Dravid too.
Old 26th June 2007, 19:30   #222
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Honestly, though its been ages since I have watched India play a game I must admit they played well today. Sachin deserved a hundred and he looked confident with his stroke play too, specially the trademark off drive he played.

Irrespective of who wins, I guess we must learn to appreciate a good play.
Old 26th June 2007, 22:54   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
India 242 in alloted 50 overs with 8 wicket falling. Let's see whether they contain SA within this total.

Poor Sachin got caught short of crease in his attempt to second run & was run out for 99. Good one from Dravid too.

call me crazy, but how does the maestro get run out on 99. he will never ever take a risk on that score. And 99 in 143 ***** ?? he has never ever been run out in the 90s in his career. something sure is fishy there. come on throw the brickbats guys, i have enough hands to hold them.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 26th June 2007 at 22:59.
Old 26th June 2007, 22:58   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
call me crazy, but how does the maestro get run out on 99. he will never ever take a risk on that score. And 99 in 143 ***** ?? something sure is fishy there. come on throw the brickbats guys, i have enough hands to hold them.
OK -BB # 1 - he has become old thats why he was run out
Old 27th June 2007, 09:16   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK -BB # 1 - he has become old thats why he was run out
Held that one with a finger. Of course he is old, can anyone deny that ??? can they ? maybe they can. they could compare with the 'little' master & say that he is still young.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks