Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2007, 15:31   #121
BHPian

Ganguly have proved 70 % of the Bhpian's wrong..
Dada is back in One day Squad.

Sehwag is out for next 2 matches, What does fellow bhpians think... Can he come back???

cheers..
Old 12th January 2007, 15:46   #122

absolutely.. he has already hit a century against haryana.. needs one more century/half-century and he'll be back..

Unfortunately, this is how indian cricket is run.
Old 12th January 2007, 15:53   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
Sehwag is out for next 2 matches, What does fellow bhpians think... Can he come back???

cheers..
Good, they should have had the b***s to send him back before the 3rd test but better late than never.

Actually, he's in that list of 30 probables so I doubt that he'll need to "bounce" back, they'll include him in the playing 11 for the WC. After all, perceptions continue for years and the perception is he's a "match winner"!
Old 12th January 2007, 17:06   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
bet for australia man, thats a sure winner
Rightly said. None of the team in world can make aussies sweat. Iam impressed with the way they finished the match against England today. Eight wickets and 4.4 overs left out.

Last edited by Surprise : 12th January 2007 at 17:07.
Old 12th January 2007, 17:07   #125
Senior - BHPian

@ surprise... no surprises there, right ?

would you say that they will lose any game in this triangular ? even if they do, it would be NZ not england that beats them.
Old 12th January 2007, 17:26   #126

Why the heck are they tolerating Tendulkar in the team? The guy stopped scoring since 1998 and is long past his "use by date". Like a politician he refuses to step down !!!!
Old 12th January 2007, 17:58   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
even if they do, it would be NZ not england that beats them.
Kiwis have always been a tough opponents for Aussies. Many times, I have seen Australia struggling against NZ. NZ players always perform above expectation against there Arch-rivals.
Old 12th January 2007, 18:24   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NZ players always perform above expectation against there Arch-rivals.
But they dont get the results. Stas show pathetic performance of NZ against Australia, winning only 26% of matches, the lowest in margin when compared to NZ performance against any other team they had played.
Old 13th January 2007, 00:12   #129
Senior - BHPian

winning is not the point. it is how you play. india has also lost so many games. why are we so upset ? it is because of the way our guys lose. put up a good fight, play entertaining cricket & if you still lose, so be it. not like we played the 2nd innings in the last 2 tests against SA
Old 14th January 2007, 14:05   #130
Senior - BHPian

NZ bowled out within 38 overs still 100+ runs short of target. Only 3 of their batsman scored double digits. Again aussies humilated the opponents
Old 14th January 2007, 14:45   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ganguly have proved 70 % of the Bhpian's wrong..
Dada is back in One day Squad.

If Ganguly's case is anything to go by, I don't see any reason why Sehwag shouldn't make a comeback.
I also see no reason why Sachin Tendulkar should not be dropped.
Old 14th January 2007, 15:55   #132
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
If Ganguly's case is anything to go by, I don't see any reason why Sehwag shouldn't make a comeback.
Tendulkar and Laxman bat as though they are mortally afraid of losing their wickets. See the Pakistanis (Youssef, Younis, Inzamam) slam the South African bowlers. Their pace bowlers Mohd. Asif, Shoib Akhtar, Umar Gul, Rana Naved,... are more potent and Kaneria is as good a spinner as Kumble. Ganguly was probably a flash in the pan. His technique against pace hardly inspires confidence. But he has guts and attitude and is not afraid to play his shots.

I seriously think that the likes of Yuvraj, Kaif and Pathan should be brought into the team at the expense of some of our seniors. Probably Laxman can stay a little longer, but Sachin and Sehwag will be under severe pressure, and Ganguly's place should be under continuous review and he should also be dumped the moment he starts failing again. I don't think Sehwag has any technique-- the bowlers have figured him out and he is also getting on in age.
Old 14th January 2007, 19:20   #133
rks
BANNED

To summarize my position on the Indian Test team:

Tendulkar -- ENDulkar!
Sehwag -- Say,WALK!
Ganguly -- Going, ... Going, ... GONEguly!

A bit harsh on Ganguly though -- full marks to him for his guts, but I don't think he will hang around too long in the Test team. They have all been stalwarts, but their time is (almost) up. I don't want to say anything harsh about Dravid. I think captaincy is just beginning to take its toll on Dravid, but I am sure he will recover his form soon.
Old 14th January 2007, 21:08   #134
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone tell me what one Mr. A(git) Aquacker is still doing in the one-day team ??

Apart from the fact that he belongs to Maharashtra and BCCI is these days controlled by the 'Maratha lobby' and his father is some functionary at MCA ??
Old 14th January 2007, 21:12   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
He is following his mentor Gavaskar.

Gavaskar too had the same type of form during his last days in International cricket (16 runs in 65 *****) and God knows how much the country struggled to put him out of the team.

But to Gavaskar's credit he wasn't as much battered and bruised as Tendulkar with his 16 surgeries is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks