Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2005, 00:58   #16
BHPian

Hardly any chance of him making it back to the team. Especially, because the youngsters are doing pretty well. so there is no reason to keep them out..To be in the team, one has to be a good player, which Ganguly has been struggling with for quite sometime now. But at the same time, he is one of the players who has the capacity to bouce back.... as he is one of the few players who has 10,000 ODI runs.... but this is fading away as time goes.
Old 14th November 2005, 11:32   #17
Team-BHP Support

I hope not , we have seen enough of him
Old 14th November 2005, 20:21   #18
F50
Senior - BHPian

Steve Waugh, the person who took Australia to that record of most consecutive test wins
One of the best captains ever… still he was dropped coz he was not performing and we all know if you are dropped from Australian side it is very difficult to come back and if aging then no chance.
With Greg Chappel as India’s coach that Aussie policy is going to be there… you don’t perform, you are out …
Unless he performs there’s no point coming back … new faces are performing well … its high time India stops selecting players on their past records.
Old 14th November 2005, 23:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Its next to impossible for him to get back in.
Old 15th November 2005, 13:44   #20
BHPian

I think dada will be back soon, atleast in test team! I like his captancy and those glorious offside drives. Also "Dancing down the track" sixes!! We can expect some more..(???)

cheers
aNu
Old 16th November 2005, 08:32   #21
BHPian

Ganguly may not be history as yet...but for now hes a gonner. Looks like the Prince has become a pauper for runs. His recent tiffs with the coach, his arrogance has got the better of him. he isnt the Ganguly we knew during the 1999 WC and isnt the same captain we knew...sure he has been the most successful captain and all, but rejoicing over a century after 'N' no. of test matches and against Zimbabwe!! now that dosent show his class. As rightly said by many people...I too think that Ganguly has been favouring a select few players more than the others.
He will surely come back...but not now.
Old 16th November 2005, 11:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well it looks like the team has come crashing back to reality....two more such shows and the same newspapers will bay for Chapell's blood. The aussie has NO idea what he's gotten himself into!
Old 17th November 2005, 14:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

i hope he doesnt get back in..
no place for his politics and his amazingly big head..
his time's over

i think the board should organise a Sourav Ganguly benefit match
Old 21st November 2005, 20:10   #24
BHPian

Don't beg, make runs: Kapil

http://cricket.expressindia.com/full...ntent_id=58698
Old 22nd November 2005, 11:56   #25
BHPian

I like the guy, coz he was the first skipper who had 1 thing many others before lacked -
fighting spirit.

He never was a technically gifted player but had great instincts with the bat and as a captain and very determined as well.

I dont follow cricket like I used too, but I surprisingly dont care whether he makes it back in the team now coz I definitely like what Chappel is doing - looking to the future.

On that token I may not have the popular opinion but I also feel Tendulkar should concentrate on Test match cricket (the real thing...) and stay away from one dayers now. (in fact I have always said that Dravid is the better overall player than Sachin...not in his strokes, quality, fame but in his temperament and ability to save/win matches)
sorry for taking this off topic though :-)
Old 22nd November 2005, 13:34   #26

i liked cricket when the players played for fun and for the love of the game and also a bit of charity.But when we mix other factors in the game it loses its touch which leads to confusion and cotroversaries.....

karl.
Old 22nd November 2005, 13:47   #27
BHPian

Gumbir is awesome in confidence and skill. I liked Raina's approach too... Should give these guys a chance out of india and judge though.... They can potentially keep ganguly at bay ! Ganguly thoroughly deserves an explusion for his attitude and arrogance more than his game.
Old 22nd November 2005, 13:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish
Gumbir is awesome in confidence and skill. I liked Raina's approach too... Should give these guys a chance out of india and judge though.... They can potentially keep ganguly at bay ! Ganguly thoroughly deserves an explusion for his attitude and arrogance more than his game.
oh.. btw, I am looking at ganguly's return as just a player and not a captain.. hence the comparison between him and few others... He should never fit in as a captain unless he changes his attitude and approach towards the game/team.
Old 22nd November 2005, 13:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

the guy should be back in the team, but you JUST cannot be in the team for being a CAPTAIN, you need to MAKE RUNS, which mr ganguly is NOT doing.

Agreed all the points, the guys got aggresion, attitude, takes care of younger breeds, but YOU HAVE TO PROOVE YOURSELF AGAIN AND AGIAN and keep on performing. you just cant sit on facts n figures.

Its good tht hes out, thts a strong message that has been put up. Perform or be sacked.
Old 23rd November 2005, 19:19   #30
Team-BHP Support

Damn! Ganguly is back in the Test team, now the pressure will be on the coach and captain to pick Ganguly for every match, irrespective of his form.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks