Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2007, 20:47   #751
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
So whats your point?
My point is that people can loose or gain form ANYTIME. But when someone warrants a selection to the playing 11 it should be clear from net sessions that Pathan was FIT & bowling well? So why not give the bowler with the ability to swing a chance when the conditions will suit him? Commentators have often mentioned letting the best player out there get as many opportunities at having a go at the opposition. This not only applies to batting but bowling as well. I know form is the big question mark here but it doesn't take much for one to loose his form. If Shreeshanth or RPS had been clobbered for around 15+ runs in the 1st few overs everyone would have said "bad decision, his form is lost". So why not take a chance? If India had lost I am sure this question would have cropped up, but since we won NOTHING matters. Such is our mentality. What matters to us is winning or loosing and not actually trying to better ourselves.
Old 15th September 2007, 22:37   #752
Senior - BHPian

What a start by Bangladesh ! bang bang bang - fall - bang bang bang - fall - fall - bang bang bang .

What are they doing ? trying to psyche the Africans ?
Old 15th September 2007, 23:22   #753
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
What a start by Bangladesh ! bang bang bang - fall - bang bang bang - fall - fall - bang bang bang .

What are they doing ? trying to psyche the Africans ?
this side is proving to be quite dangerous in this format of the game. First, they threw WI out of the competition and now they scored 46 runs in 3 overs and got to 100 in 10 overs. I would love to see how they play against the Aussies tomorrow.

Surprisingly, Bangladesh has always faired will against the bigger teams. They have beaten India, Pakistan, Australia, WI. I guess its this carefree attitude of loosing nothing that makes them such a dangerous side.

But interestingly, what T20 is doing is making bowlers like Ntini, Pollock look ordinary and easy to hit. And the batsmen are clearing the boundaries by such a huge margin its quite surprising.

Even SL vs NZ was a good fun to watch match.
Old 16th September 2007, 12:06   #754
BHPian

hmm.. really hoping that the coming Ind Vs NZ would be one belter of a match..

and really hope sehwag gets back his lost form,

and yup robin uthappa , the guy has real guts no doubt
Few more mins to go before the match starts
Old 16th September 2007, 13:20   #755
BHPian

When is the next India game? Today?

Sorry just saw cricinfo.. din't know they are playing today.. But we are bowling. Good I guess

Last edited by MC Mayank : 16th September 2007 at 13:21.
Old 16th September 2007, 15:01   #756
Senior - BHPian

191 to get - What say gentlemen ? And what about the Ban-Aus match ? Who do you support ? I say GO BANGLADESH GO !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 16th September 2007 at 15:02.
Old 16th September 2007, 15:04   #757
BANNED

Brilliant batting display by the Kiwi's save the last over. Once again questionable bowling choices. For a moment Yuvi must have re-visited England .

I have a funny feeling Sehwag will do well. He has always done will against the Kiwi's. Hope India gives a good fight, even if they don't win. Lets have a nail biting finish.

It might be a little too much to expect from the Asian minnows (?) but you never know. I support Bangladesh too. Want to see more of the Ashraful's.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 16th September 2007 at 15:05.
Old 16th September 2007, 15:06   #758
Senior - BHPian

Well we just got butchered by the NZ batsmen. Yuvraj, Agarkar (one over) & Sreesanth bowled terribly. Gave away nearly a 100 runs in the last 7 overs after really having NZ on the mat.

I don't know what we are going to do with them, the bowling is terrible all around and they simply don't seem to learn at all. Sreesanth has no clue where to bowl & more importantly has absolutely no control over the ball either. Yuvraj keeps getting tonked for sixes match after match.

And less said about the fielding of Sehwag & Karthik the better. Karthik dropped another sitter off Jacob Oram today, I don't understand why people rate him so highly when he repeatedly fails to hold on to regulation catches.

Last edited by iraghava : 16th September 2007 at 15:18.
Old 16th September 2007, 15:09   #759
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know why Pathan bowled 2 overs while yuvraj bowled 3 ? Most perplexing decision that was by Dhoni !
Old 16th September 2007, 15:19   #760
Senior - BHPian

25 runs in 2.2 overs..
Sehwag - 15 runs from 7.

Good start..
Old 16th September 2007, 15:49   #761
BANNED

Quote:
Anyone know why Pathan bowled 2 overs while yuvraj bowled 3 ? Most perplexing decision that was by Dhoni !
Dhoni doesn't have faith in Pathan & its quite clear. If Pathan is not handled well I am sure we are going to loose him again. He is a confidence bowler, this is not the way to treat him. If he is fit to be selected to play in the 11 he should be given a chance to bowl.

But, the best news is Sehwag is BACK with a bang. His timing, hand eye co-ordination IS BACK. Can't wait to see these two back in the Test & ODI teams.

Gambhir had to play or he would have lost his place to Yousuf. Now, lets see if we mess it all up.
Old 16th September 2007, 16:13   #762
Senior - BHPian

128/5. Required rate is 10+ an over. Need something special or crazy from someone. Here is your chance Irfan Pathan.
Old 16th September 2007, 18:26   #763
Senior - BHPian

I feel Dhoni has forgotten how to bat. From past couple of tournaments, he does not even cross 30 runs baring couple of occasions here and there. Yuvi....is out of form. Uthappa is not consistent. Gambhir plays too many deliveries and does not even know how to rotate strike. Who else we have???

Bowling??? Horrible really horrible. Our people does not even know where to bowl.
Old 16th September 2007, 20:07   #764
BHPian

Bad day for India, DHONI out of luck, and YUVVVIII out of form .. yet again, just hope India anyhow qualifies to the next round, the only silver lining - Sehwag coming back to form. Bowling - Standards went even down after todays game.
Old 16th September 2007, 20:37   #765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
191 to get - What say gentlemen ? And what about the Ban-Aus match ? Who do you support ? I say GO BANGLADESH GO !
Yeah, they did go, under the carpet. Aussie juggernaut is hard to stop right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I feel Dhoni has forgotten how to bat. From past couple of tournaments, he does not even cross 30 runs

Dhoni has started to think that he is now like sachin or dravid since he probably makes the same amount of money for his commercials (he has yet to catch up with them on the acting though). Ever since captaincy was given to him, he has started to behave like a refined, orthodox cricketer, he has seriously forgotten what made him such a hit with the public. Definitely needs to be dropped.

P.S. certianly we dont need 2 wicket keepers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks