Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 23:05   #796
Senior - BHPian

Yuvraj was un******* believable! I dont know what Flintoff said to him that led to the exchange of words before that incredible over by Chris Broad, but I hope someone says those words to him in every match.

Great bloody display by India so far. Now bowl them out, finish them off. Dont just beat the other team - beat, crush, humiliate them!
Old 19th September 2007, 23:17   #797
Senior - BHPian

Flintoff has a habit of winding up Indian players and regretting it!! What a display of clean hitting. Lets not forget the openers contribution. Now its up to the bowlers to crank it up. Sreesanth and Bhajji, more theatrics please!
Old 19th September 2007, 23:18   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I dont know what Flintoff said to him that led to the exchange of words before that incredible over by Chris Broad, but I hope someone says those words to him in every match.
I think he said "I will FU off my 1st delivery" or something like that. But i agree with Mr. Steeroid crush and Humiliate them hehe *evil grin*
Old 20th September 2007, 00:57   #799
Senior - BHPian

NICE! Yuvraj becomes the second cricketer to hit six 6's in an over in an International match!

Good match BUT we have to really, really, really improve our fielding & bowling to do well in the rest of the matches.
Old 20th September 2007, 01:05   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
NICE! Yuvraj becomes the second cricketer to hit six 6's in an over in an International match!

Good match BUT we have to really, really, really improve our fielding & bowling to do well in the rest of the matches.
No ishan.. Afaik he is the 4th cricketer who hit 6 sixes in an over.

Now lets see how they perform in tomorrow's do or die match.

CHAK DE INDIA....
Old 20th September 2007, 01:14   #801
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post

CHAK DE INDIA....
4th cricketer overall but only the second to do so in an international match. Gibbs and Yuvi.... Sobers and Shastri
Old 20th September 2007, 01:18   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Great bloody display by India so far. Now bowl them out, finish them off. Dont just beat the other team - beat, crush, humiliate them!
which we did not do as I expected. I was willing them on to crush and destroy England but it got close, too close for comfort.

Quote:
And what about the captaincy ?? That performance by Dhoni as a captain was one of the worst ever. Why is he so averse to taking risks ? No thinking on his feet. Kept Joginder on for his full quota - I know we had runs but we needed a big margin of victory too.

And whose bloody brilliant idea it was to drop Kartick and get Joginder Sharma in ? In the only other match I saw Joginder play, I never thought he would make it back to the team but........ if India wanted a change why not Yousuf Pathan ?

The unsung hero for us has been the quiet but consistent RP Singh. Bowled beautifully today.

but if we bowl and field like this tomorrow - God help us.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 20th September 2007 at 01:20.
Old 20th September 2007, 03:24   #803
Senior - BHPian

I am missing all the cricket fun. All mindless games in Uncle Sam's country. It has just been 4 days since I am out of India and I am already missing a lot :(
Old 20th September 2007, 08:11   #804
BHPian

Steeroid,

I think you meant Stuart Broad (son of Chris) in your post #798.

Cheers

Nattusbs

PS: I feel bad for Rohit Sharma - went to England, no matches. Included today, did not get a chance to bat. Then he is not included for the 1st 3 ODI's against Australia.
Old 20th September 2007, 10:23   #805
Senior - BHPian

Some hard questions that need immediate answers before today's crucial match .

1) Why was Kartick dropped ?

2) If there is a valid reason for dropping him, why Joginder Sharma ? In fact looking back I feel Agarkar would have been a better choice. Even Yousuf Patahn would have sufficed.

3) Does any thought go into placing fields for different bowlers and opposition batsmen ?

4) What the hell is Dhoni doing ? Agreed Yuvraj was going ballistic but that doesn't give Dhoni the right to take singles in the last over ?? When will he fire ?
Old 20th September 2007, 10:41   #806
Senior - BHPian

Great batting performance by the Indian team, but i feel bowling is a concern. if not the big score we would have easily lost yesterday.

We need some good fast bowling attack, present attack doesnt seem to be troubling the opponents.

As normally... pointed its been long since Dhoni fired!
Old 20th September 2007, 12:08   #807
BANNED

• Shastri did it first in Ranji Trophy match in India.
Yuvraj did it first in T20 match.

Yuvraj's was first against a test playing nation in any (Test, ODIs, T20) international match.

Yuvraj's was also first against a fast bowler

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post

CHAK DE INDIA....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
4th cricketer overall but only the second to do so in an international match. Gibbs and Yuvi.... Sobers and Shastri

Last edited by diabloo : 20th September 2007 at 12:12.
Old 20th September 2007, 12:14   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
2) If there is a valid reason for dropping him, why Joginder Sharma ? In fact looking back I feel Agarkar would have been a better choice. Even Yousuf Patahn would have sufficed.
Why indeed - he was looking quite pedestrian, almost like a part-time bowler. Yes there were two chances dropped off him, but those were unforced errors by the batsmen, not errors forced by his bowling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
3) Does any thought go into placing fields for different bowlers and opposition batsmen ?
Exactly - even worse, the english batsmen were targetting the easy short boundary repeatedly and you could see the frustration on the bowlers faces every time they were hit there. Why wasnt there anyone patrolling the shortest boundary of them all?

That said, we are just a bunch of armchair critics. I guess the guys who make these decisions have a reason for doing so.
Old 20th September 2007, 12:16   #809
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic batting buttttttt horrible fielding and lethargic bowling...
They were too complacent after Yuvi's performance which was quite breathtaking.
Dhoni needs to fire today against SA. Our openers have been performing well in last two matches.
Old 20th September 2007, 15:26   #810
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Yuvraj did it first in T20 match.
Yuvraj's was first against a test playing nation in any (Test, ODIs, T20) international match.
Yuvraj's was also first against a fast bowler

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks