Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2007, 19:20   #781
Senior - BHPian

So Dhoni it is. The new captain for ODI's for India. Great move dropping Agarkar but why drop Rohit Sharma even without trying him out ?? Munaf is out too - gives him more time to work on his fitness and fielding.

Pathan is back, as is Bhajji. Now it is up to them to perform. Yuvraj gets the VC - why ?

And is the BCCI trying to convince Sachin (acc. to media reports) to take over the test team ? Obviously if Sachin hasn't decided till now - he is in 2 minds and it is not a good move to get a captain who doesn't really have his mind set for the job.
Old 18th September 2007, 19:24   #782
Senior - BHPian

And England lost again - effectively blowing our chances for the semis too.

I was hoping that SA wins all 3 matches and if England would beat NZ and we beat England - it would have been a 3 way tie with net run rate coming into the picture, at least giving us faint hopes to make it to the semis.

Now we have to beat both England and SA and still compete with SA for the run rate if they beat NZ or hope that NZ beats SA and we at least beat England.

gosh I am confused - some one please read and tell me that what I have written is correct or not ??
Old 18th September 2007, 19:32   #783
BANNED

Isn't this the easiest of all
SA vs IND is the last Super 8 match and the winner with better net-rate will make it to the semis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Now we have to beat both England and SA and still compete with SA for the run rate
Old 18th September 2007, 20:09   #784
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Remaining matches:

Mon 24 Final 5:30PM
Final on a Monday ? I am sure it could have been planned better.
Old 18th September 2007, 21:22   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Lets hope they dont include "Agarkar" in next match... he loves to get beaten all around...
Are you a pakistani supporter ? Agarkar mostly plays only for the opponents, that is why he has the most wickets too, the opponents know that they can bank on him when the going gets tough & mr. rabbit ears also knows that he can bank on the opposition when his going gets tough. he he he
Old 18th September 2007, 21:59   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Are you a pakistani supporter ? Agarkar mostly plays only for the opponents, that is why he has the most wickets too, the opponents know that they can bank on him when the going gets tough & mr. rabbit ears also knows that he can bank on the opposition when his going gets tough. he he he
heheh... true!! I can't understand why in the world such a 'wonderful' bowler has been in the team so long. He used to be good, and then everything changed. I think he likes getting hit all over the place,especially to the boundary.

About time he got sacked,and they made way for more aggressive new-comers. We need that killer instinct back,and I think people like Sreesanth are good on that front.

So Pakistan thrashed the Aussies! Hmm..looks like the other teams really want to crumble the over-confidence of the Aussies..
Old 18th September 2007, 23:23   #787
Senior - BHPian

Looks like we might be watching the 3rd upset (ok maybe NZ winning cant be an upset) today.

Bangladesh has started confidently. Lets watch what happens.

EDIT - Did I speak too soon ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 18th September 2007 at 23:30.
Old 19th September 2007, 00:14   #788
BHPian

So Guys Any Guess About Test Captian
I Still Feel Ganguly Is The Best Man For The Job
Old 19th September 2007, 14:20   #789
Senior - BHPian

@pabheda: As I predicted it will be dhoni/yuvi for odi's it will be sachin for tests.......just wait and see.......how right i'am......
Old 19th September 2007, 14:31   #790
Senior - BHPian

When majority of Indians want Sourav back as ODI and Test captain, the politicians in BCCI decide otherwise, Indian cricket is doomed in their hands.....!
Old 19th September 2007, 16:46   #791
Senior - BHPian

Well ganguly is the best man for the job.
Was watchin an interview on tv where they had bcci gen secy who was like "ganguly was a good captain until he got into the issue errrrrrr" and corrects himself and then "until his form went down"
god how much do you people in bcci want to make an issue political...
wake up before ICL whips you!!!

And one thing which i have been seeing is that never have we got into next rounds of tournaments without calculations. Net run rate or winning one match by a huge margin. Christ if our team is not performing we should not be there. i have not seen a tournament where india have had a clean sweep and didnt have to bother about net run rate or some team loosing to another.
Only time was the world cup....lol we just threw it away in the first two matches and didnt have to bother about NRR
Old 19th September 2007, 21:43   #792
BANNED

Thats a very innocent statement buddy. Sachin-Sourav pair was strong. But it went to pieces by a phenomenon called Sehwag. Brilliance of Sehwag was such that Sourav went to oblivion and is now back in the team due to the kindness of Mr Sharad Pawar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
But I can't help wondering - whose bright idea was it to break up the Sachin-Sourav opening pair.
I agree Sourav should be captain of India but a non-playing one His bowling is rosagulla for batsmen. He ranks one among the top 3 in worst fielders list. His only strength in batting is his famed drive through offside. But now all the fielders are agile and anything on offside is stopped. So Sourav has lost this also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
When majority of Indians want Sourav back as ODI and Test captain, the politicians in BCCI decide otherwise, Indian cricket is doomed in their hands.....!
Old 19th September 2007, 21:45   #793
BANNED

Now that Agarkar is out, its matter of time he is back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Agarkar seems to be well connected now and may not be dropped.
Old 19th September 2007, 22:55   #794
Senior - BHPian

WOW Yuvraj Sing wat an innings. 12 ***** 50 runs and 6 ***** six sixes ... gr8 just simply gr8
Old 19th September 2007, 22:59   #795
BANNED

Yuvraj has avenged his insult

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
WOW Yuvraj Sing wat an innings. 12 ***** 50 runs and 6 ***** six sixes ... gr8 just simply gr8

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks