Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2022, 12:41   #15796
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Do not know how Pant will manage the workload, since opening the batting after keeping for 50 overs requires supreme levels of fitness.
Maybe we can prioritise Kishan here as he is not expected to play tests, keep Pant for the longer format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
We have just 2 - Hardik & Jadeja in the entire country!
There are a few others who can be handy, Sundar, Thakur, Shahbaz, Krunal or even Ashwin. I know they are not at the level of Hardik & RJ in terms of all round ability but one of them can surely bat at 7, especially if one of those two superior ones in unavailable.
Old 7th December 2022, 16:01   #15797
BHPian

on a lighter note, for team balance we need a WK batsman who can bowl as well
Old 7th December 2022, 16:15   #15798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
on a lighter note, for team balance we need a WK batsman who can bowl as well
Sanju Samson should think of becoming one, Kohli dismissed in the meantime. Shikhar does another catwalk. Kuldeep, Chahar injured? Axar Patel did not bowl his full quota of 10 overs. What is the tolerance of perseverance in BCCI?

Last edited by deehunk : 7th December 2022 at 16:23.
Old 7th December 2022, 16:21   #15799
Distinguished - BHPian

and now Dhawan, and same set will be selected again.

I am not watching this series, felt like a waste of money to sub to Sony Liv for such regressive selection, espncricinfo is enough. Guess we all should get used to only watching IPL and be happy.

Last edited by AtheK : 7th December 2022 at 16:22.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 16:32   #15800
BHPian

Big mistake to open with VK in the absence of Rohit. Why can’t they take some bold decision and send someone like Thakur to open and ask him to go after everything? In this way, Virat & Iyer would also not be batting out of their positions.
Old 7th December 2022, 16:34   #15801
BHPian

BCCI spokesperson confirmed of having a new T20 Head Coach with Dravid focusing on ODIs and Tests. India will have a new T20 captain and coach from the Srilanka T20s scheduled in January. High probability of Hardik been made the permanent T20 captain whereas the coach is anyone's guess.
Old 7th December 2022, 16:44   #15802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
BCCI spokesperson confirmed of having a new T20 Head Coach with Dravid focusing on ODIs and Tests. India will have a new T20 captain and coach from the Srilanka T20s scheduled in January. High probability of Hardik been made the permanent T20 captain whereas the coach is anyone's guess.
Would be a good move. Ashish Nehra Might come in as full time T20 coach.

Likes of Kohli, Sharma should be shown the door, let them concentrate on test and ODI and play every series, rather then taking rest as per there whims and fancies. I wish my company allowed me to take rest when I felt like.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 16:53   #15803
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what did i miss? Last i checked Bangladesh were tottering at some abysmal score and they reached 270?

Hasan hit a century? He's what the 7th man in?
Old 7th December 2022, 17:15   #15804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Wow, what did i miss? Last i checked Bangladesh were tottering at some abysmal score and they reached 270?

Hasan hit a century? He's what the 7th man in?
After the last match's batting collapse, the Indian team decided to do something different.

Hence a bowling collapse
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 17:18   #15805
Team-BHP Support

I hope we get thrashed 3-0.

Anything to shake the system up!
Eddy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 19:27   #15806
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BCCI spokesperson confirmed of having a new T20 Head Coach with Dravid focusing on ODIs and Tests. India will have a new T20 captain and coach from the Srilanka T20s
Dravid & co. should be completely sacked! All they've done is create utter confusion & its the selectors who have got the boot. Dravid has to take the blame because we've had so many captains across formats since his regime & its been the Coach who has been in charge of the team. I fail to understand how has Vikram Rathore - batting coach contributed to the team. Don't know who the Fielding Coach is but the standards have fallen drastically, maybe it has got to do with ageing players. Can't believe BCCI rejected Jhonty Rhodes back then as Fielding Coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Would be a good move. Ashish Nehra Might come in as full time T20 coach.
We can certainly find a better coach than Nehra for sure. Apart from being part of Gujarat Titans last year, don't think he has much coaching credentials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Anything to shake the system up!
Nothing of that sort is going to happen. This will just be brushed off as 1 bad series!
Old 7th December 2022, 19:40   #15807
BHPian

Quote:
We should have Sehwag coach T20 and ODI and have Dravid only for Tests

I believe we have shortage of quality cricketers bowlers for the shorter formats. No amount of logic is going to help. We can play a different eleven every game and see who sticks.
Old 7th December 2022, 19:52   #15808
BHPian

With so much scrutiny on him, Rohit almost pulls a spectacular victory. He still got enough to shine in the ODIs. Probably, he has to be more fearless while batting.

That said, time for us to start looking beyond Rohit, Shikhar, and Virat. They ruled our batting in ODIs for many years, but they are past their prime.
Old 7th December 2022, 20:04   #15809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargav7 View Post
With so much scrutiny on him, Rohit almost pulls a spectacular victory. He still got enough to shine in the ODIs. Probably, he has to be more fearless while batting.

That said, time for us to start looking beyond Rohit, Shikhar, and Virat. They ruled our batting in ODIs for many years, but they are past their prime.
Dunno why, but the heart still favours Kohli.
He scored 48 off 18 balls against Pakistan.
Today 40 were required off 18 and we lost by 5 runs against BANGLADESH.

Look beyond KL & Dhawan.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 20:04   #15810
BHPian

Well, well, well.. quite a few cricket fans were of the opinion that Kohli's captaincy was the sole reason behind India's sub par performances in ICC tournaments. With Rohith taking charge, instant success was expected. Forget winning ICC tournaments, India have just gifted an ODI series to Bangladesh.

Nevertheless, valiant effort from Rohith despite getting injured early in the match.

Last edited by Emvi : 7th December 2022 at 20:06.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks