Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 00:01   #136
Senior - BHPian

I loved sugeetha's post. I respect women as equally (or even more than) men.

Time for me to put up the best cars for women to drive tomorrow.
Old 1st August 2010, 00:02   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
@ SS-Traveller - I am a taurean and I ask regularly for places.
I am a taurean too! I dont know whats the relation but I prefer to ask and take right route instead wasting my time. Can you throw some light from Taurean point of view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
What if things change and only women take cars to service centers? It will be like:

Lady: Car me pickup nahi hai aur clutch bohot hard ho gaya hai

Mechanic: Madam ji clutch gaya iska, 3500 lagega.

Lady: Bhaiiya meri padosan ne to 2000 me karwaya tha clutch mein to itna hi dungi

Mechanic:

Jokes apart but since ladies are good at bargain can get serviced done at local garage for much cheeper.

Also Auth. Service centers will become a hub for chit chats and kitty parties
. Good one.

May be we have woman mechanics too then. An extra avenue of employment for the ladies.
Old 1st August 2010, 00:32   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
In addition, your posts come across as
  1. immature,
  2. provocative,
  3. puerile,
  4. chauvinistic,
  5. sexist,
  6. over-confident and
  7. irrational.
Your posts reflect the likelihood that no lady member in your family drives a car (I am open to being corrected on this), and gallantry towards the fairer sex is not your forte.

On this forum, what you write reflects who you are, and we hope you will attempt to subsequently correct our (mis?)perception of your persona.
well the sweeping statements were started by mrs sugeeta only on this thread .

you have clearly taken offense at my post saying how men in general have dominated over the world in our history and at present . but tell me honestly if i am wrong ? i have just stated what is common knowledge .
and "gallantry towards women " i didnt totally understand . care to elaborate ? do you mean chivalry/ heroic nature ?
Old 1st August 2010, 00:50   #139
BHPian

I sincerely wish all the points quoted in favour of women drivers should come one day.But my thoughts are always proven true whenever i find a women struggling at traffic lights,or confused in a rush or simply unable to know the right time to give side or overtake. Actually 80 % of time one can judge that a women is driving the car from behind, there is that specific 'road aura' which cant be ignored.Again no offence meant at all.
Old 1st August 2010, 01:30   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Oh, no. You didn't read her subsequent post.

Quote:
but tell me honestly if i am wrong ? i have just stated what is common knowledge .
In a country where the most powerful people currently are women? Grow up!
Quote:
and "gallantry towards women " i didnt totally understand . care to elaborate ? do you mean chivalry/ heroic nature ?
gallantry: Definition, Synonyms from Answers.com
gallantry - definition of gallantry by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
gallantry - Definition of gallantry at YourDictionary.com

However, you have not answered this yet.
Quote:
...no lady member in your family drives a car...
True or false?

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 1st August 2010 at 01:31.
Old 1st August 2010, 08:50   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mr. Nobody : The earth is ruled by us MEN .
If you really rule, pls propose to the next lady you meet saying "Marry me, because I rule". You'll see who rules whom.

Btw, how can a nobody rule anything ? As much every person has something in him that another person dreams of, every one also dreams of something another person has. It can be a skill, a characteristic, something material.

Speaking of women drivers, there's enough of them around us who are good. May be you dont see them - you will if you look. A friend's wife - she doesnt drive much, but she's a much better off-roader than most of the group put together. A neighbor who twice a week heads out alone in her MUV to attend to work in a remote area 100 km away from BLR. An old neighbor and her RD350.

There's enough examples. But your logic / reasoning / comments are only showing more about you than the people you are commenting about.

Let's stop this, and get back to the discussion.
Old 1st August 2010, 12:02   #142
Senior - BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
cant believe the men who are dominated by their manly wives are defending their driving . speaking the truth is not insecurity .The earth is ruled by us MEN . ]

Cant believe that someone can post such comments!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I don't know the kind of men you have been around. Please do not make sweeping general statements based on your own (limited) life experiences. As an average man, if you are unable to see for yourself the grand contribution of women. You are just blind.
MY WORDS.

Quote:
ps - dont think of me as a sexist/chauvinist person . i'm am only stating a true fact and if not you are welcome to correct me .
Your earlier post reflects so.

Quote:
Mr. Nobody, your statements appear to be sweeping generalisations on their own.

In addition, your posts come across as

immature,provocative,puerile,chauvinistic,sexist,o ver-confident and irrational.
Your posts reflect the likelihood that no lady member in your family drives a car (I am open to being corrected on this), and gallantry towards the fairer sex is not your forte.On this forum, what you write reflects who you are, and we hope you will attempt to subsequently correct our (mis?)perception of your persona.
MY WORDS

Quote:
Please go back to school and ask your teacher the meaning of Humor.

Quote:
Oh, no. You didn't read herIn a country where the most powerful people currently are women? Grow up!
True or false?
True!!!![ your statement]

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If you really rule, pls propose to the next lady you meet saying "Marry me, because I rule". You'll see who rules whom.But your logic / reasoning / comments are only showing more about you than the people you are commenting about.Let's stop this, and get back to the discussion.
MY WORDS

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 1st August 2010 at 12:06.
Old 1st August 2010, 12:43   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
@Married Bhpians with driving wives (I mean car driving wives), what are the "opinions of your wife" on this subject, over the years

My wife is an excellent driver (her yet gleaming Ikon of 8 years is proof of this !).

She has never ever talked to me about women and men drivers as separate entities, just good and bad drivers. I go with her completely here
Fully agree with you Mooza!

My wife likes to drive too, and she's damn good with my Ikon 1.6 either in town or out on the highway.

Recently she drove a Scorpio mHawk (see her picture here settling into the Scorp:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...li-ankola.html
and this was the first time she was in command of that macho brute. She made not one mistake, not even with the oppositely placed light and wiper controls.

Yeah, sure she's not without fault, (she reversed my Ikon into a pillar in our garage, but those who own Ikons know there can be an excuse for that!). She does make errors turning into corners on ghats, and relies on the Ikon's brilliant response to get her out of the mess, but she's never ever endangered anyone inside or outside the car, and I am comfortable with her driving.

As far as talking on the mobiles, well check out the same thread above and you'll see a series of photos I've taken on the highway of the problem caused by a driver on the mobile...male or female, check it for yourself.

It is also a fact that women drivers/riders do get harassed by certain skunk males. This particular incident happened some time ago:

Every Saturday night my wife and I go to our club. Returning, she was the designated driver. This was in my Ikon. We reached Cubbon Road / Kamaraj Road junction (sorry for the local reference, non-Bangaloreans, but you can imagine this in any city) and the light was red. We were going straight, towards Manipal Centre, so she was in the centre lane and came to halt just before the white stop line. A big SUV drew up on the right lane and stopped. It had black sun film so nothing visible, but I do not use sun film so my wife was clearly visible.

When the lights turned green, this guy (it had to be a guy) accelerated hard and cut into our path. My wife had to suddenly brake. She was justly angry, and being a Leo she wasn't going to give up. She knows how to handle the Ikon, she floored the pedal and the Ikon took off like a scalded cat! She overtook this guy, and having made her point didn't push it further.

I am absolutely convinced this guy's behaviour was because she was a woman.

But at the same time, she has also been the recipient of extra consideration from male drivers on the road. Merely because she's a woman! So there are good guys and there are nasty guys.

Same way there are good and bad male and female drivers too.

And finally Sugeeta, if I see a pretty woman driving, yes, I would probably admire her! Nothing wrong in that, I'm sure because if not my wife would take me to task! In fact I would admire any woman driving well, pretty or not. But no, I would not stare!

I like your post, it is in good humour and should be taken as such.
Old 1st August 2010, 14:08   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Lady: Car me pickup nahi hai aur clutch bohot hard ho gaya hai

Mechanic: Madam ji clutch gaya iska, 3500 lagega.

Lady: Bhaiiya meri padosan ne to 2000 me karwaya tha clutch mein to itna hi dungi

Mechanic:
Haha! Thats a real good one there.

Quote:
cant believe the men who are dominated by their manly wives are defending their driving .
WHOA! Thats a bit extreme dude.
How can driving a car or an SUV "well" make a woman "manly" ?
Old 1st August 2010, 14:31   #145
BHPian

Note From Team BHP Support:

Please maintain a clean and non-derogatory tone when writing on Team BHP.

Posts quoting your original post have however been retained.
They include a rephrasing of an earlier question and a response to this post.

Thanks,
Team BHP Support.

Last edited by bblost : 1st August 2010 at 16:01. Reason: Please check the edited post. Thanks.
Old 1st August 2010, 14:50   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting topic!

There are a good number of women drivers as well. No point in genralising which gender is good/bad at driving.

But haven't you guys noticed the below?

Rash, Zip Zap Zoom, threatening, suicidal stunts, high speed turns, jumping traffic signals - Guys
All sorts of slow speed mistakes, driving with hand brakes and blinkers, smoking the brake pads n clutch at ramps, screwing up a parallel parking lane, turn without the slightest of hint - Girls
Old 1st August 2010, 15:25   #147
Senior - BHPian

Woman drivers to blood sucking vulture.

What a degradation!!!!

Can not believe that such rogue members are there on this forum.

Now, i got the point of admin to reject the membership repeatedly for some new applicants.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 1st August 2010 at 15:26.
Old 1st August 2010, 15:26   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

@Mr Nobody, fair enough. I'll re-phrase it.

How can you rule the world ? Do you rule the world ? And if you are refering to the male population echoing your thoughts - well, I dont see many people joining you to say they rule the world.

Please refrain from illogical, opinonated statements. If you want to debate, well - there's a lot of TBHP-ians who will participate. But not if the thread is going in this direction.

Last edited by condor : 1st August 2010 at 15:27.
Old 1st August 2010, 15:29   #149
BHPian

Quote:
what your wife did is not really something to appreciate...doing the same silly stunt . pointless to get provoked so easily go down to some idiot's level..
Read and understand before you answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
...having made her point didn't push it further.
It was an act of outright intimidation, meant to frighten her. Had she been a lesser driver, there was even a chance of collision, although minor. She proved her point; that she knew how to drive and she refused to be scared. Having done that she dropped the matter ("didn't push it further"). Nothing wrong in what she did. She was within speed limit and in her lane. She did not indulge in cutting him off and did not indulge in any "silly stunt" which you have assumed.

Quote:
and why did you specifically mention see her pics in car ? if your wife drives well we believe you . we are not asking for proof here !
Kindly refrain from personal attacks.

Old 1st August 2010, 15:31   #150
Senior - BHPian

Long scratch on my Punto today. Thanks to an excellent driver having absolute control on her scooty. Car travelling slow taking a left turn. As I give indicator I spot an excellent driver in rear left!!!! Should have stopped dead in tracks to let the Excellent driver pass. The excellent driver on scooty behind me obviously does not know the meaning of indicators. Or maybe thats too lowly a detail to be remembered.

Result is a nice scratch (Thankfully the speed was very less). And "You should look before you take a turn".
Yes master excellent driver. I will. MORE POWER TO YOU.

Should be declared a one off incident cause women overall are excellent drivers.
Seeing them the vehicles sing....Women, the best we can get!!!
Driving is in their blood. They eat driving, they drink driving, they sleep driving. They are not much into racing so that we men can win. Those who think otherwise are ignorant, egoistic, stone headed, burden on mother earth, good for nothing, left overs of bygone era, totally uncool, savage, hairy, stinky, cave dwelling, Anti Metrosexuals MCP's.

And Yeah.....Some More Power to Women.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks