Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2005, 13:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

I dont watch Jerky C's show anymore. I just happened to see it that day and I use to see it now and then, wasnt a fan you see, to see some car show.

anyway, why i felt bad about him is coz he said he donno abcd ok abcdefgh.. about the engines and whatever goes underneath teh hood and people think he is the best auto guy. So he is just bla bla guy, no engine under his hood too and people his show.

the event we are talking about here is that , the car shoot out event JC did was biased/anti-asian and he called called asian cars crap. and the idea is to let other people knw that Jerky Clark is no good and what he said about asian cars.

Last edited by jkdas : 15th November 2005 at 13:19.
Old 15th November 2005, 14:07   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
I think the guy is fun to watch. I always liked Brit humour.

In a way, he also puts things into perspective. Out here all we get to see is substandard cars, until we end up believing that crap is good. That's why you get people praising Indigo and Accent Crdi and all kinds of cars that you wouldn't even spit on if you were abroad (sorry to the owners, but it's true, at least for me). I mean, face it, out here people aspire to own a Skoda RS, like it's a poor man's Ferrari or something. Placed in a global context, the RS is more like the poor man's taxi.

I know that being in India, we're bound by our economy and are forced to live with what's handed out to us. But it's nice to get a perspective from someone who has experienced the best cars the world has to offer. Otherwise we'll happily put up with crap forever.

...also, he's damn funny.

If you are referring to have a perspective from someone who has experienced some of the best cars , I beg to differ.
Its nice to have a different perspective but i feel his shows and his views in particular dont give the right perspective about any car in general.

Having said that, every show wouldnt be interesting if it follows the same pattern of presentation. To me his show is entertainment and things he says doesnt affect my life or anything Indian. So i dont need to fret abt anything.

But then again there are people who in his own country are trying to get even with him. That's his problem isnt it. Only thing is ppl are bound to get influenced by what he says and that is the risk if there was one!

Skoda RS is a poor man's Taxi? Hmm.. i donno to what extent it's true but ppl are njoying nice piece of auto machinery except for us..
Old 15th November 2005, 14:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Why are people getting so bothered by JC's comments...everyone has a right to freedom of speech right...i wouldnt care less of what he says about cars...

In that particular episode on asian cars...he called the accent 'hyundai accident' ... and i happen to own that particular model and i dont seem to care about what he said...so why is everybody taking him so seriously.

As far as im concerned...i still watch his show...for sheer entertainment and nothing else. You have to accept he's funny with all those witty comments and expressions...
Old 15th November 2005, 14:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

"The precious Christian values upon which western society was built are not merely being erroded but demolished by this man"

This is the kind of mindset that people who are signing petition against JC have. And I for one would rather not be a part of it.

JKdas, how do you know that JC doesn;t know ABCD of engines? Just because he doesn;t mention too many technical details in his shows (for entertainment sake)doesnt mean that he doesn't know them. he has made it clear on many occasions that he is a huge fan of automotive engineering. So he wouldn't appreciate the engineering if he didn't know anything about it. Why don't you understand that from a European perspective the cars featured in that shoot-out are crap???
Old 15th November 2005, 14:42   #35
F50
Senior - BHPian

I watch 'Turd Gear' just for the cars and not for him. I dont give a damn to what he says... I cant mute the programme otherwise I will miss out on the sound of the car.

I know there are many JC followers but I hate those who consider JC's verdict as writing on the wall... I mean get a life give your own views and not JC's.

My say : Be Original ... Dont be Pulsarian!
Old 15th November 2005, 14:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F 50
My say : Be Original ... Dont be Pulsarian!
nice one mate.
Old 15th November 2005, 15:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
How many time should it be reminded that its JC's show, if it offends you that much don't watch it no one is forcing you
but asking JC (or anyone as a matter of fact) to say what you want to hear is utter rubbish
what happened to freedom of speech?
Adya, things would be better if you would say "that is his style" instead of "that is his show".

No flame intended, but how can it be his show? As (IMO rightly) said by Steeroid, it is aired in a public channel. It is broadcasted material and not a book or movie or DVD.

My 2 cents:
- He has a unique way of presentation.
- The program encompasses all kind of viewers. This is achieved by "wrapping" data into conversation-type presentation. So you will get info as per your level.
- The BBC has several other programs that follow the above-said way of packaging. e.g. "Explorations with Duracell".

That said, can't we safely assume that Top Gear is a combination of team work, research and professionalism of the BBC, wrapped in JC ? Or you guys want to think the other way?
Old 15th November 2005, 15:17   #38
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone watch the other JC programs such as the one that aired on TnL recently where he drove across Europe in an E type. Or another where he reviews great feats of engineering like the Concorde. I think he is really suited to those sort of shows.

Nobody can be liked by everyone, so with a person as outspoken as JC, there are sure to be people on both sides of the fence.
Old 15th November 2005, 15:24   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Does anyone watch the other JC programs such as the one that aired on TnL recently where he drove across Europe in an E type.
Also remember how that lady told that he's not looking sexy enough and he needs to change his dressing style
Old 15th November 2005, 15:25   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Does anyone watch the other JC programs
Try and watch his programme on Isambard Kingdom Brunel as part of the Great Britons debate.
Old 15th November 2005, 15:32   #41
BANNED

I really don’t care about Jeremy Clarkson being whatever you people say he is (good or bad) or what Jeremy Clarkson really is. If one wants to speak of entertainment value, then, why look further than most posts on this thread. Thanks for the laughs, gang (Haters and fans of "JC" included)! Some of you would make great defense lawyers and public prosecutors.
Old 15th November 2005, 16:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas
Adya, things would be better if you would say "that is his style" instead of "that is his show".

No flame intended, but how can it be his show? As (IMO rightly) said by Steeroid, it is aired in a public channel. It is broadcasted material and not a book or movie or DVD.
its figure of speech

as for show being aired on BBC
does anyone from BBC come & put gun to your head to watch it? or do they take away your channel changing abilities?
NO

Public channel or private channel the person watching show has ability to change channel or switch off television
Old 15th November 2005, 17:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
as for show being aired on BBC
does anyone from BBC come & put gun to your head to watch it? or do they take away your channel changing abilities?
NO
IMHO, Steeroid or other JC haters don't want BBC to put the show off the air. It is just that they strongly dislike JC. Just as JC has freedom of speech, these guys have freedom to form their opinion about JC.
Old 15th November 2005, 17:55   #44
BHPian

wow, hey guys,
all this heated discussion for one comic character, well it's better left unsaid!!! but do i enjoy his show, you bet, i do and very much. buti dont take his word as the final writing on the wall, like some one mentioned. for that matter, no one worth his weight in gold or salt or what ever would do that ... but would you doubt his knowledge? just because he sounds very snob! i guess it's his style (or his show), and we live in times where each person is entitled to voice his opinion and even broadcast it in primetime forget public channels, so all this talk of he making things sound crap et al are just ... well childish, i know im gonna be flamed for this!! so when im sure of the reaction for just one term - "childish" (and moreover i would care two hoots and carry on with my life), just think of what or how he would react to all that funny tirades that he keeps making on all those manufacturers and cars ...
so guys take it in the spirit, and don't give him too much thought, just see his show if you want to and enjoy and if you don't want to, then your choice, we live in modern times where you can always change channels ..
ak
Old 15th November 2005, 19:01   #45
BHPian

jeremy clarkson no way.heavily biased towards british cars as i repeatedly say.i like his style of presentation,but not his verdicts.perhaps the british auto industry is paying him to degrade cars of asian make.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks