Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2005, 03:41   #76
Team-BHP Support

{quote]I just found 1 bug or i down know whether it is a bug or you are not allowing permission in admin to edit thread. I am unable to edit any of my thread after i post it... Can you please check it out.??[/quote]

I dont think members were ever allowed to edit their "threads". (ie rename a thread you have created)
You can edit your post in the thread for upto 20mins after you posted it.

cheers,
R

ps - i am shocked at how many ppl liked the smooth red theme!? ...wow.. GTO

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd December 2005 at 03:43.
Old 3rd December 2005, 15:29   #77
BHPian

[SIZE=2]The whole website design change is very good. I love the look and feel of it. I found black to be hitting you and a strain to the eyes. I am glad that there are other options available if we find a existing pattern to be disturbing. It is definitely a welcome change and I am extremely proud to be part of such a team. GREAT JOB GTO and TEAM.......You deserve all credit[/SIZE]
Old 3rd December 2005, 16:42   #78
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

=> The Pics on front page are all in portrait i.e. they are too much in center & do not span across the page, it would be nice if they do i.e.appear in lanscape or wide mode
Techno - Thanks for the suggestion, but I didnt understand what you are trying to communicate. Would it be possible to email me a screenshot with highlight on rush@team-bhp.com?

@ Rehaan - I always told you. Red and white was my default too. I will make sure that we have a similar theme for the new forum too!

Thanks

GTO
Old 3rd December 2005, 16:56   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Techno - Thanks for the suggestion, but I didnt understand what you are trying to communicate. Would it be possible to email me a screenshot with highlight on rush@team-bhp.com?

@ Rehaan - I always told you. Red and white was my default too. I will make sure that we have a similar theme for the new forum too!

Thanks

GTO
I guess what he meant as full screen photo not 6x4 or 640x480 types we have now. And can the BHP gallery pix be included?
Old 3rd December 2005, 18:30   #80
Senior - BHPian

fab fellas - absolutely fab !

just a point - i too found my pm box dint show the new mail - as someone mentioned !

Also the themes are nice - but just too DISTRACTING to concentrate on whats written - except the standard ! Just my view though !!
Old 3rd December 2005, 18:37   #81
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just uploaded all the images again, for those who complained that some were not loading previously.

Can you run a check again? And tell me if it is fine.

If not, I would appreciate a screen shot emailed to me on rush@team-bhp.com

Techno - Got your point! Well, we will have an entirely new home page early next year with additional features. That should be what you are looking for. If we have a stretch image right now, people on slower internet connections will have a tough time.

GTO
Old 3rd December 2005, 20:29   #82
Team-BHP Support

a big thumbs up

took a little while to adjust to the new layout but now that i'm familiar with it, it is impressive - comparable to a lot of international forums!
excellent upgrade moderators. 4 days spent on the verge of insanity and depression while the website was down but it was all worth it.
just love the BHP Garage addition.
prefer the Standard layout as it results in the least eye-strain.
just a suggestion - don't know if it's feasible but can the Font size in the other layouts be increased?

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd December 2005 at 20:31. Reason: modifying content
Old 3rd December 2005, 22:27   #83
Team-BHP Support

2 queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressive_anush
the buttons at the top right of the quick reply box dont seem to be displaying. Or is it just me ??
i have the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
BHPians are allowed to load up 50 garages - Just make sure that you upload pictures only of your own cars.
the limit of 20 images in the Garage section - is it 20 images per Garage or 20 overall?
Old 3rd December 2005, 22:46   #84
BHPian

Yeah even for me, it took some time to get adjusted to the new site but yeah nice work over all, but some how I was kinda more confortable with the looks of the older site!

Sorry but that's how I feel.......
Old 4th December 2005, 00:14   #85

It took some time for me to adjust with the New look Team Bhp. Though addicted to this site I have remained as a passive member .As Armour of God said i too feel comfortable with the old look (lot of Dark colours).This my personal opinion .
The welcome msg on top of page forced me to post something .
its a good job GTO

Vin
Old 4th December 2005, 05:53   #86
Senior - BHPian

When I want to post a link to any website it's now only allowing me to post the url. Before it used to allow me to post a message and then ask me for the url in the insert link button. Whats going on? Can any mod help me out here? Thanks!
Old 4th December 2005, 06:00   #87
BHPian

Hey GTO!

This site looks great!

And the Garage feature is really wonderful! A one stop shop for us to check out the cars!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Of course you can! BHPians are allowed to load up 50 garages - Just make sure that you upload pictures only of your own cars.

Will put up a "how to" in the FAQ section in due time. Have a lot of tweaking to do which is currently high priority.

GTO
Just wanted to check... is it that only BHPians can currently load their garages ?
Do put the FAQ when you can... it will sure be useful.

Falcon
Old 4th December 2005, 09:15   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
When I want to post a link to any website it's now only allowing me to post the url. Before it used to allow me to post a message and then ask me for the url in the insert link button. Whats going on? Can any mod help me out here? Thanks!
Amit,

Badcheetah had sent me a PM asking the same question, here is my reply to him.>>

when you click the URL link and it asks you ONLY for the address (and not the name) type in the address,(eg. test.com) and it will paste somehting like this in your msg box >

[ URL="http://test.com"]http://test.com[/URL ]

The one is quotes is the address it will go to, the one after that can be changed to whatever u want the "name" to be.

[ URL="http://test.com"]The test website[/url]

Hope that works, (bit more work than earlier..but not a big deal i hope...

cya
R

GTO - Any crack/setting i have overlooked to sort this out?
Old 4th December 2005, 09:30   #89
BANNED

Poll Results

Hey GTO,

If I am not mistaken we could view the poll results in the earlier format but cannot do the same now. Is it a bug or intentionally restricted.

Viper
Old 4th December 2005, 23:17   #90
Senior - BHPian

initially when we used to send a pm it asked us whether we wanted a reciept or not but now there is a option below and you have to tick the box.but very often you forget about it and just click send.so you dont know when exactly the person checks the pm.is there any way to have the reciept box ticked as default.

rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks