Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2010, 12:33   #466
Senior - BHPian

When did this happen? Recently or in 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
bank of his choice in 2007.
Quote:
1) Can we mention RTI in this - if so how?
This does not come under RTI as the bank is private & not a Govt organization.
Quote:
2) Should we write a letter or send a copy to RTI?
RTI will not look into this issue

Quote:
3) Whom should we address this letter so that prompt action is taken?
You need to address this to grievence reddressal

Quote:
4) Any particular point that I have to keep in mind before writing or while writing this letter
Narrate the incidents in short, but brief. Take help from any experienced friend or relatives who work at bank.
Old 26th October 2010, 13:13   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Having experienced several cards. I must confess that only ICICI and HDFC bank cards are the most genuine in application of their charges and correct billing.

Been using both these cards from over 7 years and never till date an incorrect charge.

Apart from these two, I have used Stan Chart, Citibank, SBI, Axis and decided to surrender all these cards as found them quite inconsistent with their charges and always looking for opportunities for billing you in someway or other.

Btw, I came to know that new card applications for HDFC Credit Cards will be charged henceforth ( unlike most banks which offer FREE cards). But, the charges are nominal and start from Rs.99/Annum depending on the card you opt/eligible for.
Old 26th October 2010, 13:14   #468
BHPian

Thanks aargee!

I will try and get assistance from a banker on this

Regards
Old 26th October 2010, 13:55   #469
BHPian

@mobike: this fee will get refunded for usage over INR 5000 in the 1st 3 months.
This is what I was told.

My 2 cents.
Old 26th October 2010, 15:07   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandip View Post
@mobike: this fee will get refunded for usage over INR 5000 in the 1st 3 months.
This is what I was told.

My 2 cents.
True

Gold Card members need to spend Rs.5000 in 3 months for it to be adjusted during 1st year. In 2nd year, they need to spend Rs.15000 in 12 months.

Platinum Card members need to spend Rs.15000 in 3 months during 1st year. Rs.50000 in 12 months during 2nd year.

Btw, according to financial express of today, HDFC has toppled ICICI and has 5 Million Cards userbase. ICICI at peak had 8M and currently have 4.5 Million card base

Citibank with 1.5 Million base

I love HDFC bank as i dealt in most of their products and got the best deals, service and support during all times. It also helps to an extent when wifey heads the state for their credit card department
Old 26th October 2010, 15:17   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It also helps to an extent when wifey heads the state for their credit card department
No wonder you're a big time supporter of HDFC

But again, I too have never experienced any issues with HDFC either.

I've been having RBS, ABN Amro then, for over 6+ years now & not a single time have experienced billing related issues & I use it every month. Their recent policy of dropping the surcharge waiver led me to look for alternative. HDFC Platinum has this option, but their policies are to write some written communication & drop instead of sending email & attaching proofs. Hence I opted for Axis; Let me see how Axis handles.

Any idea on my question above?
Old 26th October 2010, 15:24   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
HDFC Platinum has this option, but their policies are to write some written communication & drop instead of sending email & attaching proofs. Hence I opted for Axis; Let me see how Axis handles.
Any idea on my question above?
My primary card is a HDFC Platinum with a 3 Lakh limit and I usually give a glance through the statement each month and then tear it up.

If i am not wrong, they debit the surcharge and then credit it back. So there are 2 entries which nullifies. I need to check the statement to reconfirm this one.

However, with regards to your query, been using a Platinum for many years now and i never wrote any letter to them.

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th October 2010 at 15:26.
Old 26th October 2010, 16:06   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My primary card is a HDFC Platinum with a 3 Lakh limit and I usually give a glance through the statement each month and then tear it up.

If i am not wrong, they debit the surcharge and then credit it back. So there are 2 entries which nullifies. I need to check the statement to reconfirm this one.
+1 on that.

They debit the surcharge and then immediately credit it back with a transaction description of 'PETRO SURCHARGE WAIVER'

I have been using the HDFC platinum card for last few years and have never faced any problems.In-fact,I have stopped using other cards since 4-5 years.

BTW-I am soon to be upgraded with a world master card.
Old 26th October 2010, 17:04   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, with regards to your query, been using a Platinum for many years now and i never wrote any letter to them.
My bad, I should've explained in detailed. I hold a Gold card & requested for free upgrade to Platinum card as it offers surcharge waiver on fuel & this was their response...

Quote:
"Dear Mr. XXXXXX,
Thank you for writing to us.

This is with reference to your e-mail regarding your HDFC Bank credit card account.

We understand from your E-mail that you wish to upgarde your card account.
We request you to send a duly signed letter seeking the same to the following address:

HDFC Bank Cards Division
PO BOX # 8654
Thiruvanmiyur PO
Chennai 600 041

Alternatively the same may be dropped in any of the drop boxes placed at our ATMs for your convenience.
Incase you seek further assistance or clarification please feel free to contact our Customer Service Executives at any of our 24 hour Call Center telephone numbers mentioned in the below URL.

http://www.hdfcbank.com/common/credit_card_phonebanking.htm

Assuring you of our best service at all times.

Regards,

XXXXX
Customer Service Officer
Old 26th October 2010, 17:11   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
My bad, I should've explained in detailed. I hold a Gold card & requested for free upgrade to Platinum card as it offers surcharge waiver on fuel & this was their response...
Oh, so you requested. I was automatically upgraded even though i didnt needed it.

I dont care much for limits as my monthly usage on cards is usually around Rs 30,000 and i pay the entire due next month.

Try dropping a letter as they requested and wait for a few days and if no response, PM me and will get that sorted out for you
Old 29th October 2010, 16:17   #476
Senior - BHPian

I have a very refreshingly different issue to report.

I will not mention the name of the credit card issuing bank, but this is what happened. Last weekend, I paid my credit card bill from the bank's website using internet banking account of a different bank.

As expected, after 2 days the amount got credited into my credit card account and I received a confirmation. Now again after another 5 days, I get another confirmation that the credit card payment has been received.

I checked my bank account through which the payment was made. The amount has been debited only once, as expected. But in my credit card account, the payment has been made twice.

Now what is my duty in such a case ? Do I need to bring this to the notice of the credit card issuing bank ?

I am benefiting from the mistake here, but such incidents send shivers down my spine regarding the capability of software engineers who write the banking software and MBA's who work in the banks.

Rohan

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 29th October 2010 at 16:20.
Old 29th October 2010, 16:25   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I have a very refreshingly different issue to report.

I will not mention the name of the credit card issuing bank, but this is what happened. Last weekend, I paid my credit card bill from the bank's website using internet banking account of a different bank.

As expected, after 2 days the amount got credited into my credit card account and I received a confirmation. Now again after another 5 days, I get another confirmation that the credit card payment has been received.

I checked my bank account through which the payment was made. The amount has been debited only once, as expected. But in my credit card account, the payment has been made twice.

Now what is my duty in such a case ? Do I need to bring this to the notice of the credit card issuing bank ?

I am benefiting from the mistake here, but such incidents send shivers down my spine regarding the capability of software engineers who write the banking software and MBA's who work in the banks.

Rohan
I think you should keep quite for sometime, i am sure they (your net banking bank) will get back to you saying that this happened due to software error and all that crap.

They could also talk to you credit card bank and get the amount reversed.
Old 29th October 2010, 16:28   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
As a good citizen of this country you should be immediately reporting this matter to your CC bank

Well, our banking systems is much more sophisticated than most foreign banks and due to huge volumes and continous surge of new additions there tends to be some issues once in a while.

As long as its sorted out amicably it should not be an issue for any of the parties.
Old 29th October 2010, 16:33   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I think you should keep quite for sometime, i am sure they (your net banking bank) will get back to you saying that this happened due to software error and all that crap.

They could also talk to you credit card bank and get the amount reversed.
Why would the net banking bank bother at all ? The online transaction was performed properly and the amount was debited properly at their end.

IMHO, the problem lies with the credit card issuing bank. How did they manage to duplicate the transaction, that too after 5 days ?

Anyway, I would be keeping quiet for a while and see how things turn out.

Quote:
As a good citizen of this country you should be immediately reporting this matter to your CC bank

Well, our banking systems is much more sophisticated than most foreign banks and due to huge volumes and continous surge of new additions there tends to be some issues once in a while.

As long as its sorted out amicably it should not be an issue for any of the parties.
I am a good citizen of the country, but a bad customer of the bank. It is not an Indian bank, if that helps.

What if I don't report this matter to the bank ? It is not a mistake from my end. I am not responsible for technical glitches at their end.

Rohan

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 29th October 2010 at 16:39.
Old 29th October 2010, 16:54   #480
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry, your bank will clear their mistake soon

I redeemed my credit card points (cash against outstanding) last month. They credited this amount twice but my latest statement shows debit of that duplicate entry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks