Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 17:55   #421
BANNED

Guys please anyone with some workable idea solution !
I need only what i have mentioned .
Old 30th August 2010, 19:40   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Hi guess i really need some help with this.
My sis is studying in the US(Boston).I have to gift her a Lenovo Thinkpad T410 which i configured online on Lenovo US website for 1200$ final price .
How do i pay for it ?
They are accepting American Express with US billing Address , Switch Solo Delta Visa Master (US Issued) or paypal.

I did create a paypal account and linked two credit cards with it but it is not giving me the option of delivering in the US only in India .

Pls help .
Or are their some other ways which i do not know of ?

Thanks
Maybe you can request the seller via a seperate mail to ship it to a US address as it is a gift for your sister. I have done it a few times with success.
Old 31st August 2010, 09:18   #423
Senior - BHPian

Do they have Google checkout option ? There are two addresses in google checkout one is billing address and another is Shipping address and both can be different.
Old 31st August 2010, 09:43   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Do they have Google checkout option ? There are two addresses in google checkout one is billing address and another is Shipping address and both can be different.
After posting this just checked my google checkout. There are some fantastic deals on tigerdirect.com and pcrush.com if you pay through google checkout.
Old 31st August 2010, 09:54   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
They are accepting American Express with US billing Address , Switch Solo Delta Visa Master (US Issued) or paypal.

I did create a paypal account and linked two credit cards with it but it is not giving me the option of delivering in the US only in India .
Do you have a HDFC bank account or Credit Card? If you do, then you can create a one time card. It validates with any address.

I am facing a similar issue on Dell US Site. But after calling customer care, they accepted Indian card.

Or you can call Lenovo to check if they would accept Wire transfer for personal purchase. it costs 500 Rs.
Old 31st August 2010, 13:50   #426
Senior - BHPian

I think you can pay with your PayPal account, and give the shipping address to be your sister's Boston address.
Old 31st August 2010, 14:22   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I think you can pay with your PayPal account, and give the shipping address to be your sister's Boston address.
I think that exactly is the problem of original poster.
There is something as paypal verified address which is same as Credit Card billing address many online shopping sites including e-bay sellers just sell to paypal verified address to avoid fraud.
Old 31st August 2010, 14:28   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
+1 to that. I bought a couple of parts from eBay.com via Paypal for my ninja. I got these shipped to my sisters place in the US and my parents got it for me when they returned to India.

All you need to do is add the card details and give the shipping address as your sisters address in USA. Then paypal will charge USD 2.00 (IIRC) to verify the card details. You have to then look at the card statement which will include a verification code (next to this charged amount), enter it in the relevant fields in credit card verification link in paypal and then you are good to go.

Quote:
There is something as paypal verified address which is same as Credit Card billing address many online shopping sites including e-bay sellers just sell to paypal verified address to avoid fraud.
if the card is verified as per above process, there will be no issues.
Old 31st August 2010, 16:21   #429
BHPian

I have created the PayPal account for transferring some money to a seller in China, and as usual during the verification time they’ve deducted some money from my linked credit card and got the confirmation to go ahead. When I tried to make the payment by using the card funding mode, it was not accepting the card and I was told by the Pay Pal customer care that some of the cases my card may have some limitations to fund and they will be helpless in this case. Being frustrated and wired the money to the seller.

One month later I tried to make another payment through the PayPal and the card funding system accepted without any issues. May be that time it was not got through the verification process fully. Even the TBHP sticker’s costs are routed through the PayPal just by the card link.

Amazon purchases are very easy compared to other online purchases, I used to make the payments from here and door delivered at my relatives door steps without any issues. Only thing is you have to mention the billing address has to be disclosed at the specified place. The only thing let you down is once you get the bill from the customs if you plan to get it through mail.
Old 31st August 2010, 16:56   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
+1 to that. I bought a couple of parts from eBay.com via Paypal for my ninja. I got these shipped to my sisters place in the US and my parents got it for me when they returned to India.

All you need to do is add the card details and give the shipping address as your sisters address in USA. Then paypal will charge USD 2.00 (IIRC) to verify the card details. You have to then look at the card statement which will include a verification code (next to this charged amount), enter it in the relevant fields in credit card verification link in paypal and then you are good to go.

if the card is verified as per above process, there will be no issues.
Thanks a lot , I really want to try this out to make some payment on e-bay and get the things delivered at a US address,Seller clearly writes that he will ship only to paypal verified address.

I just logged in again in to paypal , I could see only one field that is billing address , I assume it needs to be same as the billing address of my Visa credit card. I could not find any other form field for shipping address.

Do you mean to say that with an Indian credit card it is possible to put a US address in billing address field ? Please clarify.
Old 31st August 2010, 17:26   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot , I really want to try this out to make some payment on e-bay and get the things delivered at a US address,Seller clearly writes that he will ship only to paypal verified address.

I just logged in again in to paypal , I could see only one field that is billing address , I assume it needs to be same as the billing address of my Visa credit card. I could not find any other form field for shipping address.

Do you mean to say that with an Indian credit card it is possible to put a US address in billing address field ? Please clarify.
Tried again and got the option for gift address in the Profile.
Old 1st September 2010, 13:25   #432
Senior - BHPian

Continuing as before there is a problem , I am able to add only addresses in India as Gift address and not any address outside India
On logging in again I was prompted to enter PAN number which I did and not , There is no place to enter the country. In the drop down list of states I can only see states and union terretories of India.

Anyone else facing this issue ?
Old 1st September 2010, 15:45   #433
J.Ravi

I made two purchases one each from the UK and USA using my PayPal account with my Bangalore verified address and got the items delivered here in Australia without any hassle. However, these online stores had the option to change the shipping address from the default PayPal verified address during check-out process.

Old 1st September 2010, 16:47   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I used an indian credit card (internationally accepted) which has an India billing address but I put billing and shipping address as my sisters address in USA on paypal for the credit card that I linked to Paypal.
Old 1st September 2010, 16:53   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I used an indian credit card (internationally accepted) which has an India billing address but I put billing and shipping address as my sisters address in USA on paypal for the credit card that I linked to Paypal.
Thanks can you please try logging in to your paypal account and look if it is still possible .

I have noticed following changes when i tried using paypal after gap of 6 months.

1. Asked for PAN number which was not there before.
2. Gift Address does not allow to enter country name and states shown are all states of Indian union in address form

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks