Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2012, 21:44   #616
BHPian

re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
You can download the form from here http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...orm_final1.pdf

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Well, you could give Citi CC a call and check whether you don't have to fill the forms or not. Also hope you have shot a mail in regards to the issue and they have provided you with a reference number and all.

Transaction Dispute Form: Form Center - ICICI Bank Ltd

See the last option under Credit Cards [first column].
Thanks for the links. I composed my complaint on their online contact page and was given a reference number.
Old 16th March 2012, 15:04   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Mine is a lifetime free card. If they decide to charge me, I'll cancel the card right away. Do you have your salary account with Citibank? I have mine there, that *MIGHT* be a reason they are still offering me this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I don't have salary account with Citibank.

I think you are correct, Citibank is still offering you life time free platinum card because you hold a salary account with them.

So contrary to what Citibank has conveyed in the email, it seems they are not phasing out the Platinum card completely. They will now offer it only to selected customers.

Rohan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I too hold a Citibank Platinum card which is free for life time. I don't have any other account with them. I am a member since 1994 and initially held a silver card with annual membership fee. At various points of time it has been upgraded and since 2003 it became a Gold card, when the fee was waived. It was upgraded to Platinum a few years ago.

I have my salary account with Citibank for the last 12 years and I got the same mail what rohan got. So it has nothing to do with it. I checked it with them and the mail clearly says that they are phasing out their Regular Platinum card from July which is also now not seen on their website. The specialty Platinum cards such as Jet Airways, IOC etc will continue.
Old 17th March 2012, 14:55   #618
BANNED

Hi All,

How good is amex charge card,does anyone in the fourm uses it?

i ve applied for amex charge card ,you need to pay the months expenditure in full once the bill is generated so there is no question of minimum balance and intrest.

I applied because the rewards looks lucarative,like 4 swipes in a month (above Rs250) you get 1000 points and usual 1 point for 100Rs..so if you accumulate 12k points you can opt for airticket ect and 25k you get tissot watch which i am aiming for
Old 18th March 2012, 17:26   #619
Senior - BHPian

I have a question which i wanted to post on the "Debt free thread" but seems like this is a better thread. Although its not really a issue with credit card.

Recently i closed both my AMEX and Citibank Credit cards and was wondering if i would ever need a credit card, and it is here that i am looking for some advise.

My experiences with most online portals is they accept Debit cards, most merchants in India do accept Debit cards as well. So in these placed i do not think i would need Credit Card.

The other area is International travel and bookings, when shopping internationally can one use Debit cards everywhere or there are cases where Credit card would be needed. Apart from this when booking for hotels they ask for Credit card number and block some small amount to see if its successful, would these places accept Debit cards as well (My experience of about a year ago is they dont).

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I would stay away from AMEX, twice i have had their charge cards and credit cards and twice there have been some problem or the other in terms of fraudulent transactions. Although i did not had to pay its a area of worry as AMEX cards do not have 3DS security which is available in VISA and MASTER (VBV and MCSE). 3DS (3 D Secure) provides additional level of security apart from Card Number, CVV, Expiry, AVS verifications.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 18th March 2012 at 17:31.
Old 18th March 2012, 18:04   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

i ve applied for amex charge card ,you need to pay the months expenditure in full once the bill is generated so there is no question of minimum balance and intrest.

I applied because the rewards looks lucarative,like 4 swipes in a month (above Rs250) you get 1000 points and usual 1 point for 100Rs..so if you accumulate 12k points you can opt for airticket ect and 25k you get tissot watch which i am aiming for
DOnt you get the same points with amex gold card?
Old 18th March 2012, 20:13   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
DOnt you get the same points with amex gold card?
afaik the basic reward points on any amex card is 1 point for every Rs.40 spent...over and above this there are schemes like 10x where you get 10 points for Rs.40 at select merchants and the 1000 points on usage of the card 4 times in a month
Old 19th March 2012, 12:17   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
afaik the basic reward points on any amex card is 1 point for every Rs.40 spent...over and above this there are schemes like 10x where you get 10 points for Rs.40 at select merchants and the 1000 points on usage of the card 4 times in a month
I put that question because i got my gold card for free for first year. Im assuming you need to pay annual fee for the charge card
Old 19th March 2012, 16:22   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I too went for this card for the exact same reasons. Got the card last friday. Now comes the surprising part. The few outlets I tried swiping the card this weekend didn't accept Amex . And they were not any small neighborhood shops either (Wrangler, Subway, An upmarket coffee shop etc). So, swiping 4 times would be a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I put that question because i got my gold card for free for first year. Im assuming you need to pay annual fee for the charge card
The charge card came free for the 1st year.
Old 19th March 2012, 17:30   #624
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
Ya i already have a icici amex card ,ya you read it right ICICI AMEX card and i have not swiped it more than 3times in the last 4 years !!

But now i found a petrol pump in adyar where they accept amex so now i can swipe it 4 times a month
Old 19th March 2012, 18:48   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Now comes the surprising part. The few outlets I tried swiping the card this weekend didn't accept Amex . And they were not any small neighborhood shops either (Wrangler, Subway, An upmarket coffee shop etc). So, swiping 4 times would be a challenge..
I have been able to swipe at least 4 times a month. It is accepted in most retail outlets like Hypercity and Reliance Mart. Also can be used for online utility bill payments.
Old 20th March 2012, 10:11   #626
BANNED

Most debit cards only function as ATM cards abroad. So credit cards are required. Also, if you try to hire a car a credit card is (almost) mandatory.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:27   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Most debit cards only function as ATM cards abroad. So credit cards are required. Also, if you try to hire a car a credit card is (almost) mandatory.
Not sure why i am not able to Thank your post (Mods Is this thread "No Thanks" thread. Not sure i know if such a thing exists. Anyways).

Thank you for that answer, this means i cannot live without a Credit Card for long as some international travel is coming up sometime within this year on (On personal expense, not corporate travel).

I remember reading a thread where in there was some sort of comparison between various cards, dont seem to find it. HSBC is ruled out as i see there are some horror stories about them, AMEX i have had a bad experience with so would not like to consider. Dont want HDFC/ICICI/IDBI and the likes as i have my savings/investments in these banks, and i am not comfortable holding a Credit card from them.

That leaves me with Citibank, SCB, Any recommendations? Also as i understand the Platinum cards are the top (but somewhere i read there are signature cards as well)?
Old 20th March 2012, 11:33   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Not sure why i am not able to Thank your post (Mods Is this thread "No Thanks" thread. Not sure i know if such a thing exists. Anyways).
Feature removed from shifting gears section.

Quote:
Thank you for that answer, this means i cannot live without a Credit Card for long as some international travel is coming up sometime within this year on (On personal expense, not corporate travel).
My only reason for holding one is international travel which I end up using while traveling.

Quote:
I remember reading a thread where in there was some sort of comparison between various cards, dont seem to find it. HSBC is ruled out as i see there are some horror stories about them, AMEX i have had a bad experience with so would not like to consider. Dont want HDFC/ICICI/IDBI and the likes as i have my savings/investments in these banks, and i am not comfortable holding a Credit card from them.

That leaves me with Citibank, SCB, Any recommendations? Also as i understand the Platinum cards are the top (but somewhere i read there are signature cards as well)?
Havent had any issues with HSBC as such since I use mine while I am traveling. SBI on the other hand wasn't accepted some places, while shopping abroad.Off-late some banks have been issuing cards with some chip on it.
Old 20th March 2012, 12:10   #629
BANNED

All cards are fine until you have problems. I will avoid PSU banks. Many if not all have tied up with somebody (SBI with GE caps) so have only lent their names. As a result you get the worst of both the worlds. I am on StanChart and have a 100% auto-debit from my Savings Account. So do not have to bother about payment dates and the like. They debit from my account on the last day (or the day after) of the payment period. I will say if you can get your bank with an autodebit facility it will be quite good.

As for Amex at one time they used to charge a higher commission that the others. I am not sure now. Hence were not that popular. The commission (Visa/MC) is 1% sellers bank, 1% buyers bank, 0.5% (or is it 1%) card co.
Old 20th March 2012, 16:51   #630
Senior - BHPian

So I faced the credit card fraud finally!

Two days back, while at doctor's place, I received an SMS that a transaction of Rs1000 has occurred at "SHREE GANESH FUELES". Checked email and saw the same message.

Immediately called up ICICI bank customer care, and asked about this transaction.
Came to know that this has been done at Ratnagiri!!!
I lodged the complaint with customer care, blocked the card, and sent fax as well as email copy of the complaint letter.

They said that they will revert in 90 days.

Is there anything else required (police complaint etc? - but this ain't a criminal case)

Did someone clone my credit card and take it to Ratnagiri?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks