Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2011, 19:55   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Issues with Customer Care : Mobile Phone Companies

I had a few issues with Airtel, but this one was the straw that broke the camels back.
I had a postpaid connection with Airtel and I went to the showroom to pay the bill. Conversation as it happened:
Person at counter (P): Sir, what is your mobile number?
Me: 9xxxx xxxxx
P: Sir this number does not exist
Me: Well, I have been using it for a month now.
P: Sir, can you confirm the number?
Me: 9xxxx xxxxx
P: Sir, you have the wrong number.
Me: If you think it is wrong, let me call your mobile and you find out for yourself
<After calling the number>
P: sir the number is correct, but it does not show on our system
Me: Is there a chance your system is not updated
P: No sir, it is updated
Me: I have a SMS notifying me about bill amount, will that help?
P: Can I see that SMS sir?
<After seeing the SMS>
P: No sir, I cant find the number
Me: Ok, let me call customer care
<After calling customer care>
Me: explained the problem
CC: Sir, you must be having a prepaid connection
Me: If I did, then why would you send me a SMS with bill amount?
CC: Sir, please contact our showroom
Me: I am standing in the showroom, and they are unable to help!

Needless to say, I left the showroom without an answer. Within a few days, the outgoing calls were barred for non payment. I return to said showroom and the same episode recurs. Finally, I return the SIM card to them and leave
I have never dared to subscribe to Airtel since then!
Old 4th January 2011, 20:37   #107
BANNED

I was happy with Airtel CCARE for broadband until a couple of years back in 2009. Now I think they have outsourced to a different company and any call to CCARE is hell.

For the 2nd time in 6 months, I had to lodge a complaint as the 100 number does not work in mobile. An they had no record of my last complaint.

Behramji has put it nicely. That is how all leadership is deceived.
Old 4th January 2011, 20:43   #108
BHPian

To speak to these funny guys, we now have to pay 50Paise/ min anyone noticed this ? I think this the only customer to whom we have to pay and tell our grievances, that too are not solved properly
Old 4th January 2011, 20:52   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
To speak to these funny guys, we now have to pay 50Paise/ min anyone noticed this ? I think this the only customer to whom we have to pay and tell our grievances, that too are not solved properly

Is not it 50p per 3 minutes??
Old 4th January 2011, 20:56   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Is not it 50p per 3 minutes??
Oh..Yeah it is 50p/3Mins sorry for the typo.
Old 4th January 2011, 21:08   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Oh..Yeah it is 50p/3Mins sorry for the typo.

No issues.

Even I recently realized that they now charge for calls to Cust. Care.

They had activated crap services on my mom's cell without permission and now charge Rs.10 a week. As they had activated about 4 services it resulted in to Rs.40 a week going down the drain.

When I called, this bloke with a weird accent tried to play it down saying it is impossible to activate the services unless I've asked them too. I got furious gave him a piece of my mind to feast upon. Then asked him to tell me the names of all VAS that are activated on my no. He said he can't disclose the info!!!

When I asked him why he can't disclose the info about a no. that is registered on my name the bugger simply disconnected.

Actually it is that most call centers gives its agents a definite time period to complete a call failing which it effects their efficiency chart. I am not sure if this is how call centers of telecoms work but I guess this is the reason these blokes usually disconnect or offer quick albeit crappy solutions.

Needless to say I went to the local airtel office, shouted a t a few people, threatened them that I'll submit a complaint online and if need be approach the consumer forum. That did it. They apologized and discontinued all the services.
But as these services were active since more than 6 months I lost quite some vitamin M but then I should had reacted earlier so it is my fault as well.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 4th January 2011 at 21:14.
Old 4th January 2011, 21:15   #112
Senior - BHPian

Airtel Broadband is no different and Vodafone GSM services are in the same boat
Old 4th January 2011, 21:20   #113
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I just cannot agree with the charges for calling customer care. Ok, so you are charging us for bringing our grievances to you, is there any small element of improvement in the services ??? a BIG NO. Also, if you notice, many times when you get into this tolled segment, there will be no answer or suddenly the line will be disconnected for no logical reason. The depths our Indian business folks go to, it is totally unbelievable.
Old 4th January 2011, 21:23   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Airtel Broadband is no different and Vodafone GSM services are in the same boat

Yes, I've seen you threatening those idiots regarding discontinuation of your airtel broadband connection.

If vodafone is no different than airtel GSM then only lord knows about the services of idea,reliance,BSNL,etc.

Regards.
Old 4th January 2011, 22:01   #115
AWD
BHPian

Airtel customer care/service is by far the worst I have come across. First VAS are activated on their own & money deducted without any rhyme or reason. I get these services stopped but sorry Airtel wants to charge me. Then I fight with Customer care, nodal staff but again the thing continues. By the end I have spent ~250/- on customer complaints & balance is gone.

Last & the best thing I do is destroy the Sim & God Im a happy man now.
Old 4th January 2011, 22:19   #116
Senior - BHPian

Vodafone is better. Atleast as far as my relationship with them goes. They do believe in customer delight.

Once I was paying my bill through their kiosk. The machine choked and swallowed a 500 rupee note. But sadly, it was not accounted. I immediately called up the security guy and informed him. He could do nothing as he had no proof, he left his name with me.

I got in touch of Vodafone and mentioned them everything. Went to their relationship centre the next day and got my money back. Of course, they checked their accounts for a surplus and then returned me the amount. But, the turnaround time is what matters!
Old 10th January 2011, 15:01   #117
BHPian

Got a airtel broadband connection for my office. The guy who installed the connection did a shoddy job with the cabling. Sent a mail to the cust care guys and after 2 repeat mails one guy turned up saying "What's the problem with your modem configuration ?!!" Told him it wasn't a software issue we need to get the cable work done properly.

2 days later another guy comes over saying "What's the problem with your telephone instrument ??!" Thanked him for coming over and got the work done on my own. Like someone mentioned earlier, it's the outsourcing thing that has killed the airtel cust care experience that was present till couple of years back (at least in my circle) If you want to discontinue using their services they disconnect your no in a jiffy, no questions asked, no retention efforts. Ultimately this cost cutting exercise will cost airtel in terms of customers and revenues lost apart from the brand taking a beating. The "customer care" exec's are just concerned with their performance timing being effected
Old 10th January 2011, 15:04   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Also, if you notice, many times when you get into this tolled segment, there will be no answer or suddenly the line will be disconnected for no logical reason. The depths our Indian business folks go to, it is totally unbelievable.
I faced the same when i called up Airtel Broadband customer care. Unfortunately, the landline was down and so what was to be a toll free number ended up being a charged call for me.
Old 10th January 2011, 15:29   #119
Senior - BHPian

I distinctly remember Airtel acting smart and continuing with the International roaming charges even after I had discontinued after my return from an International assignment. This inspite after sending the SMS and later calling Airtel customer care which promised to stop levying the Intl roaming charges but they did that for two months before cancelling it. Since that was my official no, got the office guys to rap Airtel and get the charged amount adjusted against the monthly bills.
Old 10th January 2011, 15:35   #120
BANNED

Hopefully with number portability Airtel will get a wake up call. I am one of the many looking to change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks