Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 12:29   #91
Team-BHP Support

Airtel Guys.

Send STOP to 121 and choose the service that you want to stop. If it still does not work, PM me. Will let you know who you ca write to.
Old 12th September 2009, 13:45   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Nodal officer or Appellate authority does not exist in Airtel. At least not for Mah circle. The phones are never answered and the emails only bring an auto response... never a reply. Its just a sham to show that the TRAI regulations are being met ...on paper.

Airtel is a FRAUD of the highest order in telecom.
I can assure you they do exist and from experience some of them will answer emails. Initially they will ignore you but copy the CEO in and they will not only email you but also phone you to make sure everything is ok (and to ask you to not tell the CEO again ).
Old 12th September 2009, 14:36   #93
Senior - BHPian

I have got a new issue with airtel now. I had lot of complaints from November 2008 related to my SIM, network etc. After repeated complaints and no resolution, I officially cancelled my number with effect from 15th January 2009. I got the SMS confirmations that my number was terminated. Therefore I moved to Vodafone and never used the airtel SIM, infact I dont even know where I threw it.

There was a deposit of Rs.800 which was enough to settle my dues until 15th Jan 2009. So, I ignored the whole issue and continued with my vodafone. Later I realized airtel re-activated my number (may be for 10 days) without any request from my side and someone who got the SIM misused it, I have no clue to what extend. Airtel guys called me somewhere in February telling about the bill amount due. I explained things to them and they didnt have anything to talk.

Now we are in the month of September 2009, I got a legal notice from Lokadalat telling that I need to appear before the court, because there is a pending bill amount of 1500 which is not settled. What do I do with these so called Airtel frauds now ?

Sad part is, I dont have any official communication in print that my services were officially cancelled, except the SMS confirmations (which I dont have now). But I am sure airtel records will show my history of frequent complaints and termination of connection on request. Any suggestions or tips to sort out this once and for all ?
Old 12th September 2009, 20:21   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
I can assure you they do exist and from experience some of them will answer emails. Initially they will ignore you but copy the CEO in and they will not only email you but also phone you to make sure everything is ok (and to ask you to not tell the CEO again ).
Its quite likely that you may be getting replies from customer service itself... and not from any Nodal officer. The few replies I got in the latter phase of my problems with Airtel were of these kind. Its pretty easy to tell. Anyway, this may differ from circle to circle. About the part about the mail asking you not to tell the CEO again could well be a sham to impress you. With a company like Airtel, nothing is believable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I have got a new issue with airtel now. I had lot of complaints from November 2008 related to my SIM, network etc. After repeated complaints and no resolution, I officially cancelled my number with effect from 15th January 2009. I got the SMS confirmations that my number was terminated. Therefore I moved to Vodafone and never used the airtel SIM, infact I dont even know where I threw it...
A lot of people I know have gone thru this. In fact I'v heard this so many times, I believe Airtel itself has a hand in it... and not some employees. You MUST keep some kinda written confirmation when you terminate a post paid with Airtel... in fact its a good idea to do this with any operator.

Last edited by Raccoon : 12th September 2009 at 20:22.
Old 12th September 2009, 21:12   #95
BHPian

Okay now add TATA Indicom to the list of fraud companies. On my mobile number, they used to activate caller tunes without my knolwedge. I initially thought it was free. But in the bill they regularly charged Rs.400 to 700. Several calls, emails visit to their customer care centre was no use. They used to deactivate it and activate it again.

Sometime back I got a bill Rs.5,500/-. I thought it as useless arguing. Somebody came to my house regarding the bill. I told the guy to give me a settlement letter for the same. He agreed to settle the case for Rs.3,500/-. I agreed and asked for the letter in writing. He said they cannot issue a letter as such and he will write "FULL & FINAL RECEIPT" on the receipt. I refused and had heated argument. Finally when I did not budge, he got me a letter on TATA INDICOM letterhead in writing about the settlement for Rs.3,500/-

Case Closed. Two months later, again somebody came to my house and told about my outstanding amount of Rs.5,500/-. I told case is closed and settled for Rs.3,500/-. Gave a photocopy of the same. He called his manager and told me that the letter is invalid and I am to pay the balance of Rs.2,000/-. Again argument, and I shooed him off. One month later, again got a bill showing Rs.1,750 as outstanding. Did not respond.

Yesterday, got a notice from Lok Adalt about my disputed case. The hearing is on monday. I shall post copy of the settlement letter and the legal notice by tommrrow.

Here are some tips for fellow bhipians when speaking to any useless customer care.

1. Preferably speak from the mobile. Switch on the loudspeaker and record the conversation you had with another mobile. This will act as evidence.

2. Whenever you want to cancel your existing connection, pay all your dues, write a letter about cancellation and send it through register post.
One of my friend had a bitter experience. After cancelling his connection, someone applied for a duplicate sim in his name, used it and made a bill of 1,900/-. some one inside the company's must have done this.

3. If they are willing for settlement of your dues, always insist it in writing.
When someone comes to your place with settlement leter, ask someone to photograph the person. And also ask his name.

Keep all the evidences. When going to court, show all the evidences. And more ever you can even claim damages.
Old 12th September 2009, 21:40   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Its quite likely that you may be getting replies from customer service itself... and not from any Nodal officer. The few replies I got in the latter phase of my problems with Airtel were of these kind. Its pretty easy to tell. Anyway, this may differ from circle to circle. About the part about the mail asking you not to tell the CEO again could well be a sham to impress you. With a company like Airtel, nothing is believable.
Well it was the nodal officer for my area and I am sure of that. The guy even left his name and personal cell number and said any problems then to contact him direct and he pleaded that I do not contact the CEO again.It was as if he was scared for the CEO to be contacted rather than trying to impress me. Since then I have contacted him direct and he replies wihtout any problems and gets things sorted.
Old 5th April 2010, 17:52   #97
BHPian

Is Airtel Brankrupt

hi,
anyone tried calling customer care to speak to their agents on 121? i did and i am stunned!

Now you will have to pay them @ 50 p / 3 minutes to tell them they have a problem on their hands.

if it matters i'm on airtel postpaid corporate connection.

upon asking i was told that this is to provide better care to customers as their call volumes are very high and you have to wait a lot. that means a lot of people have problems.

A very cheap way of making money. Beware!
Old 5th April 2010, 21:13   #98
BHPian

A real 'cheap' way of making money. Just one of the many reasons i am eagerly waiting for MNP to arrive so that i can change my provider.
Old 5th April 2010, 22:14   #99
BHPian

^Every service provider has started charging for CC calls,except for BSNL. (This may be because there CC dosent exist!)

They state some TRAI order or something like that for this charge.

Regards,
Old 5th April 2010, 22:31   #100
Team-BHP Support

Telcos are really bleeding because of the price war; hence the tendency to look at all possible ways to earn.

Quote:
Just one of the many reasons i am eagerly waiting for MNP to arrive so that i can change my provider.
Related thread - > https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...operators.html (Mobile Number Portability: Will you switch operators?)

Last edited by Eddy : 5th April 2010 at 22:32.
Old 6th April 2010, 07:55   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
hi,
anyone tried calling customer care to speak to their agents on 121? i did and i am stunned!

Now you will have to pay them @ 50 p / 3 minutes to tell them they have a problem on their hands.

if it matters i'm on airtel postpaid corporate connection.
What. they are charging the call the customer care. Did they inform you about it. I did not receive even a message stating it.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:44   #102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Telcos are really bleeding because of the price war; hence the tendency to look at all possible ways to earn.
You are joking arent you?

Bharti Airtel announces results for the fourth quarter and full year ended March 31, 2009

Highlights for Full Year ended March 31, 2009
• Overall customer base crosses 9.66 crore.
• Highest ever-net addition of 3.24 crore customers in a year.
• Market leader with a market share of all India wireless subscribers at 24% (23.7% last year)
• Total Revenues of Rs. 36,962 crore (up 37% Y-o-Y).
• EBITDA of Rs. 15,168 crore (up 33% Y-o-Y).
• Cash Profit from operations of Rs. 14,007 crore (up 26% Y-o-Y).
• Net Income of Rs. 8,470 crore (up 26% Y-o-Y).

Highlights for Fourth Quarter ended March 31, 2009
• Highest ever-net addition of 83.79 lakh customers in a single quarter.
• Total Revenues of Rs. 9,825 crore (up 26% Y-o-Y).
• EBITDA of Rs. 4,001 crore (up 23% Y-o-Y).
• Cash Profit from operations of Rs. 3,788 crore (up 25% Y-o-Y).
• Net Income of Rs. 2,239 crore (up 21% Y-o-Y).

Source: Bharti Airtel Limited FY 2009: Revenue growth of 37%; Maiden dividend announced

Some more Food for Thought:

Source: Bharti Agrees to Buy Zain Africa Assets for $9 Billion - BusinessWeek

Last edited by Spitfire : 6th April 2010 at 10:46.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:05   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
... I did not receive even a message stating it.
One is informed about this just when the IVR system is handing the caller over to the call center agent.

Just another way of Airtel to cash in on their pathetic problem solving - brilliant move by some manager who would have got a handsome bonus. First of all, one has to wait on an average 3 minutes (what with all the multi-level menu read-out and TPIN verification etc.) to get to a point where you can speak to some one.

And then one has to patiently explain to a person of well-below-average cerebral abilities what the problem is, and hope one is understood instead of a ready-made script being read out to you. In the end, one really has to have a steely resolve to hurt oneself to persevere with it, and have to pay for it.

In many ways, most companies providing service to consumers have forgotten the reason for their existence: to provide good service. If Airtel has the hubris to go against conventions, they perhaps need to be reminded that they cannot ask consumers - wanting a recourse to the consumers' problems - to pay Airtel for even for asking Airtel to remove a problem that Airtel shouldn't have caused in the first place.

The only way they can be reminded is via Consumer Courts. How many people are game for it?
Old 6th April 2010, 18:34   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
^Every service provider has started charging for CC calls,except for BSNL. (This may be because there CC dosent exist!)

They state some TRAI order or something like that for this charge.

Regards,
Even Reliance does not charge. At least not yet... hope it stays that way.

Folks, you don't have to pay for complaints. Mostly the operator will have a seperate toll-free number for complaints. But one often has to call to ask about tariff clarifications, inquiry, etc., etc.; and unfortunately that is now a paid call with Airtel, which has the worst customer service I have experienced.

Last edited by Raccoon : 6th April 2010 at 18:38.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:04   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
hi,

!
try calling 198 . New number for customer complaints

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks