Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 17:44   #16
BHPian

Re: Your Favourite FM Station/Program while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I was one own-playlist guy too, and also there was a dearth of english language stations, or programming during morning hours.but I have been listening to hit95 for the past 3 years, from day one, and am a HUGE fan.not just the musi, but the RJs, as well as the freebies i have won there...
Me too, could not drive without a cd/usb earlier in my stereo. But have been listening to 95FM in Delhi/NCR. Great show they have going on there. Sarthak in the mornings, Suroshree in the noons and Abheesh in the evenings.
Old 9th March 2011, 17:48   #17
Team-BHP Support

I sometimes listen to the short stories that come on AIR FM.
Old 9th March 2011, 19:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Radio Indigo 91.9. (here in blore)keeps one updated on the latest international tracks. Really like their RJ's & the variety of English music they serve.
Yup, I second this. Love the rock show at 8pm good rock hits while i drive back from offfice.
Old 9th March 2011, 20:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Radio Indigo 91.9. (here in blore)keeps one updated on the latest international tracks. Really like their RJ's & the variety of English music they serve.
same here. favourite is the Kenny Jones show (7am-11am) - perfect for my ride/drive to office. one the way back is Melody Austin.

pretty much stick to 91.9, though wifey listens to other channels too.
Old 9th March 2011, 20:05   #20
BHPian

I hear to my cd's 90% of the time. Just for a change, tune in to the FM sometimes. I generally hear 94.3 Red FM thanks to Ghanta Singh
Old 9th March 2011, 20:23   #21
BANNED

[quote=mobike008;2272155Irritating is a mild word when you hear these radio jockeys who think they are "cool"
[/quote]

That's the only reason I listen to FM Gold. The FM Gold Jockeys are boring & talk a lot of rubbish, but they do not think of themselves as cool - at least not most of them. On the other hand, on any other FM channel, the RJs think they are oozing cool, when in reality they are just oozing a lot of stupidity.
Old 9th March 2011, 20:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

I hate FM stations. Just irritating to hear RJ's rant about everyother thing. I wish i can have FM channels like in US that play 50 minutes of non stop songs and 10 minutes of advertisements.

Classic rock channels do ROCK
Old 26th August 2012, 12:57   #23

I love 93.5 RED FM Mumbai specially between 11am to 1pm the show by Dr. Ohzey and Honey Balkar Balkar Balkar, these guys are crazy specially their toilet comedy.
Old 26th August 2012, 14:42   #24
BHPian

I listen to my ipod mostly but when there's heavy traffic I sometimes switch to 93.5 Red fm. Really hilarious. I just love listening to Hoezaay and Palkar. And also Kamala ka Hamala is really funny.
Old 27th August 2012, 15:54   #25
BHPian

My preferred one is Govt AIR FM Gold station for news and old songs and other good quality content for themes such as travel, current affairs, sports, etc. The other one I liked is Big FM as their songs are good from golden era and for decent and not over the top, loud mouth RJ's similar to other private FM stations.
Old 27th August 2012, 16:05   #26
BHPian

I like the FM station 104.8 Chennai LIVE. The Live drive program hosted in the evening by DIsha Oberoi and the Breakfast Show by Sano are really nice. Its an english only radio station with occational hindi or tamil songs from individual albums and not from movies.
Old 11th June 2014, 01:58   #27
BHPian

Don't really have a favorite FM station, as in India none of them play electronic music non stop, hence iPod rules my car!

Though for electronic music lovers, I would recommend checking out http://ah.fm/forum/

Note: I have no association with it, either as a promoter or anything else. It's just my go to station when I want to listen to quality trance/house music.

Cheers!
Old 21st November 2014, 16:54   #28

I would say in Mumbai its RadioOne tuning in at 94.3 MHz. They have some great RJs throughout the day. Great selection of International music. My fav shows on them is the "AT40" (American Top 40) which is aired in the evenings on weekends and the "City's Sunny Side Up" airing while I drive in to office in the morning on weekdays !
Old 21st November 2014, 17:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

nowadays it's Michelle and Nathan on the Morning Show (driving towards office) and Shagufta Ahmed on the Retro Hour and the Hard Rock Hour (driving away from office) on Radio Indigo 91.9.
Old 21st November 2014, 18:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
nowadays it's Michelle and Nathan on the Morning Show (driving towards office) and Shagufta Ahmed on the Retro Hour and the Hard Rock Hour (driving away from office) on Radio Indigo 91.9.
Honestly, there is just one show I like and wait for on 91.9, Sunday evenings from around 8p until 10 or 11p. Beautiful retro numbers and the rock hour post 10p on weekdays.
Apart from that, they really need to get some new numbers added since most of the times it is a repeat which gets annoying. Even more annoying now are the advertisements . There is one which I mute every time it starts. Some constructions/builders and another with a line 'love being in traffic'

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks