Team-BHP - Red Ferrari 360 crashed and totalled in Chennai. EDIT : Now with pictures
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Red Ferrari 360 crashed and totalled in Chennai. EDIT : Now with pictures (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/10048-red-ferrari-360-crashed-totalled-chennai-edit-now-pictures-2.html)

Yeah I had 2 " shahid" dogs in the night - never panic/break or swerve in trying to avoid a animal...
Ur safety is more important than the loss of life of stray animals..

Wishing the Driver a speedy recovery..

now i do don't like these kinda dogs, remember hitting a dog once who went bouncing around for like a 5-6 metres . . .

manson.

All of a sudden, don't cars like the Toyota Camry and Skoda Laura make more sense over the Indian Accords (lesser airbags etc.)?? After one of our other family friends totalled his Mercedes on the Chennai-Bengaluru highway and this Ferrari crash we all will agree that the safety features on these cars is what has kept both the drivers alive. Allow me to also say one more thing with confidence... The Toyota Corolla is a very safe car too. I hope all you Lancer lovers realise what safety means now and that Lancers are highly unsafe cars... Don't forget, I owned a Lancer way back in 99 and don't have anything against Mitsubishi. I applaud all you small car buyers who are buying Swifts with airbags, ABS and EBD.

Time for me to go... The X-Trail should be here any minute and the first thing I will look for are the safety features.

Isn't it strange that in all such acidents there's always a dog or some other animal involved??

Quote:

Yeah I had 2 " shahid" dogs in the night - never panic/break or swerve in trying to avoid a animal...
Ur safety is more important than the loss of life of stray animals..
Isn't that true for an animal as well as a human being.

In case you are at high rated speed, and a person comes in front of you, what would you do?! If you brake or try swerving, you're in great danger. If you don't, that person is going to lose his life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
All of a sudden, don't cars like the Toyota Camry and Skoda Laura make more sense over the Indian Accords (lesser airbags etc.)?? After one of our other family friends totalled his Mercedes on the Chennai-Bengaluru highway and this Ferrari crash we all will agree that the safety features on these cars is what has kept both the drivers alive. Allow me to also say one more thing with confidence... The Toyota Corolla is a very safe car too. I hope all you Lancer lovers realise what safety means now and that Lancers are highly unsafe cars... Don't forget, I owned a Lancer way back in 99 and don't have anything against Mitsubishi. I applaud all you small car buyers who are buying Swifts with airbags, ABS and EBD.

Time for me to go... The X-Trail should be here any minute and the first thing I will look for are the safety features.

Will differ on the Lancer bit Mr.Boombastic. While i completely agree with you on the importance of airbags it is absolutely untrue that the lack of the same make lancers an unsafe breed. you also have to bear in mind the effectiveness of seat belts and crumple zones in the event of a collision. Last but not the least it is finally your driving skills that will bail you out from a sticky situation. With the condition of our roads it's best to keep speeds to a level which can be handled in any eventuality.

Its my personal feeling that in case of high speeds involving animals rather than swerving you should try to drive straight through, hopefully the animal will not panic and move away. When we start moving so does the animal and then one never knows in which direction the other is going to move. In the case of people its totally another story.
So i guess driving slow is probably the best option. Especially if you know that you cannot handle the car at high speeds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon

In case you are at high rated speed, and a person comes in front of you, what would you do?! If you brake or try swerving, you're in great danger. If you don't, that person is going to lose his life.

The law see's it in differently Gordon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon

It's completely different man.. It's obviously worth taking the risk to save a human being cause it may also be that it's your fault that you're speeding..
And quite frankly i would like to live with the guilt of killing a animal for my own fault cause i don wanna risk my life or the person with me..

Amidst all this discussion I am wondering how well the driver of the ferrari is doing! Bombastic said he suffered 60% burns. If that is indeed so let me tell you thats a life threatening stuff :eek: Even if he comes out of this, and I pray that he does, the scars will be there...

GOD!! 1st Shocking thing is ofcourse the Accident.. I wish him a speedy recovery
2nd Shocking thing is he CRASHED a Ferrari..

Can Ferrari be sued for the fire??

This is the second time we're hearing that a ferrari crashed and caught fire.

Really sorry to read this. My father told me that he saw two crashed cars on the ECR on Saturday morning. One a Scorpio and the other he didnt recognise. The Ecr is becoming more accident prone.

Hope the guy recovers quickly. And the Ferrari is GONE!

Btw, I never brake for animals on high speeds and I have been called a lot of things for that.

hey i readed the details about the whole accident havent yet got clear which Ferrari was it.. and Damn.. it really sounds bad.. wish for his fast recovery.. i keep on telling my friends to chill and drive.. it's not really gonna make a big difference if we reach 5mins late also.. but safety comes first.. and here in mumbai roads.. you dont know who or what may come in your way.. It can be Dogs, Bikes, Cyclists and stupid taxi drivers who dont even know how to drive.. Pleople just please take care and drive! Cheers!

Sad but remember with our unpredictable roads, ABS, EBD, etc can only have a limited role - there are too may opposing variables - dogs, villagers, trucks at least

If you need to push your car - the circuit is the best place esp if you are in Chennai or Coimbatore