Team-BHP - Red Ferrari 360 crashed and totalled in Chennai. EDIT : Now with pictures
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Red Ferrari 360 crashed and totalled in Chennai. EDIT : Now with pictures (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/10048-red-ferrari-360-crashed-totalled-chennai-edit-now-pictures-5.html)

Youre talking about 4 . I have seen a family of 5 on a 125 cc bike. And not a single helmet on either of them. I really wonder that guy managed to ride in the first place

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
Mainly A-L-C-O-H-O-L.

Exactly Nitrous! I missed this one!

by looking at the sad pics, i think we can all portray what must have happened....i feel sorry to say that but i think the F360 is at fault here.

the dog must have jumped on the road and while trying to save the creature, the Ferrari driver must have swerved a bit, but what the pics report is a "DOWNSHIFT".
everyone here must be knowing this already, the 360 has a property of loosing its back end on high speeds when you shift down, well, a little irresponsibly. now everyone would say its the driver's error, but the driver aint Michael Schumacher who can save the day on such high speeds.....and Ferrari has no excuse to give its rear end to the wall....for just a downshift?

this incident also happened to a certain football player from Arsenel. He was on TG as a Celebrity Driving a normal car thing.

All we can do is pray for the guy who just happened to be in the wrong place, doing wrong speeed, at the wrong time....GOD BLESS HIM...

Quote:

everyone here must be knowing this already, the 360 has a property of loosing its back end on high speeds when you shift down, well, a little irresponsibly.
Never heard of it. The ferrari should have had TCS,ESP, ABS,EBD,...and what not of safety features!!

Quote:

Never heard of it. The ferrari should have had TCS,ESP, ABS,EBD,...and what not of safety features!!

All of no use, when the driver defies physical laws of gravity and laws of moments - excessive swerves caused, engine weight to transfer suddenly (esp a mid engine), causing tyre slip angle to be exceeded causing skidding

Friends:
A thought for the hapless driver of the Ferrari. Is he recovering well?
60% burns is normally, seriously on the fence. Our prayers for his complete recovery.

Quote:

causing tyre slip angle to be exceeded causing skidding
Damn, i hate those tyres. He's been running on the same tyres for exactly a year and would have lost their characteristics(like GTOs EagleF1s).
I'm definitely gonna upsize my ferrari's tyres with uprated softer compound tyres when i get it.

Ferrari driver, I say a little prayer for you.

Quote:

It probably does. but what was also needed here was some thoughtful design with regards to fuel tank, fuel lines and fire retardant materials. This is similar to the Volvo bus incident when the injuries are not coming from the impact but due to fire !

Hi boombastic, how is the guy now? is he out of danger? give us an update.

Do all these cars have brakes on their front wheel or rear???:confused:

Quote:

Do all these cars have brakes on their front wheel or rear???
ROFLMAO!!!! :D

I couldn't stop laughing after looking at ur avatar and ur question. ROFL!!

[quote=MrBoombastic]Credit goes to aggresive anush for these pictures

ouch. . . that hurt. . . bad. . .real bad. . . .
360 totaled. . . . ouch . . . .

Lets hope the guy recovers soon and the burns aren't deep - he must be going through hell :(

Indian roads (or for that matter, just living in India) can be very hazardous to your life.

We had a close shave in our Adventure on NH8 on the way back to Delhi from Jaipur - A buffalo ran onto the road and I saw it just a couple of seconds away - I was at ~120. Luckily I didnt brake - somehow I just kept on going as if frozen on autopilot - missed the buffalo's head by a few inches I think - If Id hit him, that would have been the end of us and the animal (stupid villagers - really piss me off at times - leave their animals loose, drive on the wrong side etc - NH8 can be a pain as well) and if i'd braked, i definitely would have spun and yet hit him.

And once in our esteem, on the way to Jaipur, some dim local decided to pull his tractor from a side road onto the right lane and stop - I braked - luckily I'd upgraded from the old 155/80's to Michelin Certis 175/70's - stopped in a straight line a few feet away leaving a long line of rubber behind. And with my heartbeat up in the skies.

The DND can get bad as well - I've seen a chap parked in the right lane talking on his cell phone - two Call Centre Qualises parked side by side and the drivers talking to each other - on a freaking 'Flyway' (as they call it) !
People coming up the onramps the wrong way ! - sometimes it's just so frustrating.

zaphod

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaphod
skies.

The DND can get bad as well - I've seen a chap parked in the right lane talking on his cell phone - two Call Centre Qualises parked side by side and the drivers talking to each other - on a freaking 'Flyway' (as they call it) !
People coming up the onramps the wrong way ! - sometimes it's just so frustrating.

zaphod

three people died y'day when their car hit a truck parked similarly - drivers were having an argument