Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2006, 13:45   #1
BHPian

How do I get rid of THESE psychos? (no relation to the one present on our forum :))

Ok, this incident happened the evening of my first Hyderabad meet. I could not join the rest of the guys at Necklace road as I had to take 2 of my sisters out birthday shopping. Trouble started when I was nearing my place. I was about to take a right turn a few lanes away from my house, when I noticed a blue maruti 800 bang in the middle of the turning, not letting my car do the needed right. I honked and honked but in vain. I didn't want to get out of the car and see what was up with the chaps as I had my 2 sisters in the car, so I finally backed the car up a little and managed to somehow get around the maruti blocking my path. I looked into the car from their passenger side window and what do I see? These guys were listining to music, having a smoke and happily talking on their cell phones, not giving a damn about anyone else on the road!!! I got pretty mad, especially because the corner had a hospital (Geeta Nursing Home) right there, and could obstruct the passage of vehicles in an emergency! As it is, that lane is pretty crowded everytime. So I mouthed an 'idiot' (nothing more than that!) in their direction, and made sure they saw the scowl on my face. When I reached home a minute or two later, and just as my car was entering the gates, one sister noticed that these chaps had followed us all the way home. I would have driven away from my house if one of us had noticed them earlier, but it was too late, they had already seen where we lived!

They had parked their car outside for quite some time. They couldn't come in as our place is pretty heavily guarded, and it won't matter much if they had noted down our car number, as the car we had taken was our "last resort car", one that is rarely used, and used only when no other car is available. My sisters hardly travel in that car either.

I dismissed this incident, as when I left home for the meet, their car wasn't there outside. But then again, when I had come back home after my sister's party (everyone else had come back much later), their car was there, but i'm sure they did'nt notice me as I was in a different car that was pretty heavily tinted. Last morning, it was there parked outside our place again, with these chaps standing outside, leaning against their car's door smoking! My sisters and I usually take pretty long walks in the evenings, and I made sure that these guys wern't there when we went out last evening. Again, about half an hour after we got back home and I went out to buy a couple of cigs, there was the car again!
And AGAIN this morning when I drove out of the house on my way to work!

I don't really know if they playing juvenile pranks of trying to psyche me out for scowling and mouthing something at them, or they planning to do something funny with my sisters (who just so happen to be the better looking members of my family), who were with me at that time.

I don't really care much about myself (said bravely in these times of desperations), as I know I can hold my own out there, but am really worried about my family, i.e., my sisters, who I feel are being targeted. They love taking their evening walks, and I can't stop them from doing so, nor can I keep sending guards out with them everytime. So in short, I am stuck with this dilemma at hand, and am not quite sure what to do.
It can get really serious if the others in my family, namely the elders or my brothers, get involved, and I don't want to escalate this issue, in the event that I am just overreacting and these guys mean no harm. On the other hand, you never know what they may be up to! They have not broken any laws yet, as they haven't forcefully entered our house, nor do I have any proof that they have been following us (i.e., to get a restraining order).

What do you guys think I should do? I am pretty sure you guys would be worried too if your family were involved in a situation like this!

P.S. Hey mods, I don't know if this is the right section for the thread to be in, so if not please do the needful!

Godspeed.

Alok.

Last edited by ghostrider4385 : 17th April 2006 at 13:48.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:01   #2
LLL
BHPian

well, i think it is already serious and you cannot take any chances. You need to let your brothers/elders know and call the cops if required.

It is better to take preventive action rather than repent later on.

You can also ask your security guards to warn them. If they appear again, then call the cops, but for this you need to take your elders into confidence.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you note down the car number & report it to the Police ? Even if you cant get the number just describe the people & the car & lodge a report. Its always safer I guess or may be you can just talk it out with them when your guards are around.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:10   #4
BHPian

Just ask the biggest and meanest of your friends to have a little 'friendly' chat with them. Just to ask them what they were doing around there.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Really thats a concern ...invite other team bhp members over there for a snack or tea and take them to task ...
Old 17th April 2006, 14:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Simplest way here is to take a couple of elders into confidence and next time around when you see them standing outside your house simply go with the elder and ask them if they live around your house. Let the elder do the talking in a polite but stern tone if they say yes ask where and with whom. If they do live there then sorry your options are very limited.

However in the event that they do not live there then simply ask them why they hang around your house all the time and whatever their answer maybe tell them to stay away from the house in a firm manner. And as a warning simply add that next time if they are seen around it will be the cops talking to them and not you.

That would be my advice and I would strongly recommend against thinking of doing anything yourself alone or with friends. Sometimes these things can get escalated and out of hand and when there are such possibilities it is always best to have elders in the loop. Also you can never take the risk of underestimating your opposition.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:23   #7
BHPian

I have contacts in the police department myself, that is not really an issue. But I am worried about what if I was wrong about them? It's not really cool getting people into trouble if they didn't attempt anything 1st. I don't have to tell my brothers anything as I happen to be one of the oldest members of my family in my generation. But as we a close knit family, and my bros being a little hot headed, I am worried they might do something unwanted.

What will my guards warn them about? It is a public road and they have every right to be there! Moreover, there is a cricket ground right opposite my house, so lots of people go there. They could just say they were there to see their friends, come for a match, or numerous other excuses.

I was a fool not to note down their number in the first place! The only possible thing I could do is have a cop car standing outside my place at all times to deter these blokes. But this can't go on for long either can it?
I can't just go to anyone without any solid proof. Women being targeted, people could get very serious with this matter, and as I explained before... what if I was wrong?

Godspeed.

Alok.

Last edited by ghostrider4385 : 17th April 2006 at 14:26.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:36   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
When I reached home a minute or two later, and just as my car was entering the gates, one sister noticed that these chaps had followed us all the way home. I would have driven away from my house if one of us had noticed them earlier, but it was too late, they had already seen where we lived!
Remember those who stay in glass house must undress in the dark.
If you say something negative (for others) to someone on the road then you should be prepared for the consequence. And you need to know how to handle such issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
That would be my advice and I would strongly recommend against thinking of doing anything yourself alone or with friends. Sometimes these things can get escalated and out of hand and when there are such possibilities it is always best to have elders in the loop. Also you can never take the risk of underestimating your opposition.
Correct. Take right action and do what you need to do. You may feel little on the back foot as far as ego is concern but that shouldn’t matter at this point in time.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:48   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
So I mouthed an 'idiot' (nothing more than that!) in their direction, and made sure they saw the scowl on my face.
Alok.
Are you sure it ended with that.. because these days such disappoval of driving behaviour is common place, so i dont think that anybody would go to the extent of doing what you had narrated here. could there be anything else.

since you have mentioned that you dont remember the reg. no, are there chances that the car that you see often is altogether different...
Old 17th April 2006, 14:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
If you say something negative (for others) to someone on the road then you should be prepared for the consequence. And you need to know how to handle such issue.
Very true Rudra Sir. But there was nothing else I thought I could do at that moment, other than to show my frustration in a seemingly (to me atleast) harmless manner. They were not only blocking the road, but also posing a threat to lives, by blocking the path to a hospital!
Well, I learned from my mistakes none the less.

Don't worry, I am not the type to go confront strangers along with my friends at the drop of a hat. I think that is the most dangerous thing to do. I am more of the meek type who would rather distance himself away from all potentially dangerous confrontations.

You guys are right. I will wait and see if their car is there outside again today, and if yes, matters will be taken to the higher-ups in the family.
Suggestions noted, and thank you for the concern everyone.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:50   #11
BHPian

The best is to just go about your daily life as if nothing happened, but please do let your other family members know about your suspicions or reservations............Best is to investigate the matter yourself and see what these chaps are upto, they can't be just standing there forever and do nothing, or they might have just come to play some cricket for all you know............
Old 17th April 2006, 14:50   #12
BANNED

Bro just call the cops anonymously and say these guys look like rich kids and are doing drugs. That usually works in my area.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:55   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen

Correct. Take right action and do what you need to do. You may feel little on the back foot as far as ego is concern but that shouldn’t matter at this point in time.
very true.

well, you can ask some cops (you said you have some connections in police) to ask those guys about their 'purpose' of standing there "regularly".
use your connections in police only after taking some of your senior family member into confidence.

and even if they doesn't goes away from there, then ask your cops (and not guards!) to give them a stern warning.

BUT, DONOT GO IN FRONT OF THEM YOURSELF.
this way they might assume that you have taken it lightly and its not you who is sending those cops. they'll assume it as if its a regular police patrol for security, and might stop bothering you.

why i am suggesting you not to go in front of them directly coz these days enemity (if it can be called so!) can take ugly turn in just couple of seconds. so use cautious approach and approach to your known cops with some of your senior family member.

Last edited by revharder : 17th April 2006 at 14:58.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:58   #14
Jay
BHPian

Hey dude why dont you ask your guards ( since your house is heavily guarded ) to find out who they are and what they are doing there most of the time.... depending on their answer you can act accordingly.... and may be if your guards talk to them ( not roughly though ) they might hesitate to come there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressive_anush
Just ask the biggest and meanest of your friends to have a little 'friendly' chat with them. Just to ask them what they were doing around there.
if Anush was in Hyd... he would have surely loved to have a ' friendly ' chat with them i guess...
Old 17th April 2006, 15:07   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
Are you sure it ended with that.. because these days such disappoval of driving behaviour is common place, so i dont think that anybody would go to the extent of doing what you had narrated here. could there be anything else.

since you have mentioned that you dont remember the reg. no, are there chances that the car that you see often is altogether different...
That was all I did, for as I mentioned, I had my sisters with me in the car. I think I am pretty level headed most of the times, and am not the kind who would use foul language in front of women. I really think it was the dirty look I gave them, and they must have read my lips wrong and misinterpreted "idiot" as something else.

It was the same car, with the same people inside. And seeing them 3 times, I am really sure it was them now.

Boomshiva, I don't think I can lie to cops themselves now can I? What kind of an example would I be setting?

I cannot ask cops to talk tell them to move from there. As I have mentioned, it is a public road, and being opposite a cricket ground, people from many walks of life come there to hang aroun and play!

Godspeed.

Alok.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks