Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2012, 11:05   #1
BHPian

Puzzle Parking System

Hi All,

We plan to install a puzzle parking system for our cars at our factory in Bangalore.

We plan to have parking for 4 cars = 2 parking spaces with 2 on top.

We need to have it for slightly large cars - a Yeti, a Passat, a Verna and an i20.

Anyone know where we can get quotes in Bangalore? And approximate costs?

Look forward to any help/suggestions.

Regards,
Manas
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:23   #2
BHPian

Re: Puzzle Parking System

A true puzzle parking system needs one empty parking space at entry/exit level to function at all. Maybe its already clear to you, but just for general information let look at graphical representation below. Lower level denoted by L is entry/exit level. Position L3 is vacant. If car at U1 needs to get down, L1 and L2 will move RHS. So the bays at entry level keep moving sideways to facilitate entry / exit of upper level.
| U1 | U2 | U3 | U4 |
|LU1 | L2 | __ | L4 |

So in your case if you install two bays in two levels, you will get three parking spaces. However in such a small installation, probably there will be driver(s) at hand to drive in and out the cars at lower level. In which case you will not need any moving parking pallets at ground level. This will save a lot of cost.

AutoPass India are based in Delhi. You can try them at 011 2341 3342 to see whether they take up work in Bangalore. This type of system is usually expensive. You should be ready to shell out multiple lakh per parking space.

Last edited by Guite : 22nd August 2012 at 14:24.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:38   #3
tud
BHPian

If you have a driver who can act as a valet assistant you can try this model. Image has been sourced from facebook.
Attached Thumbnails
Puzzle Parking System-mlm.jpg  

tud is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Similar parking is installed in the basement of Cental Mall, Bellandur. Even the contact information of the company is displayed in many places. Perhaps you can visit that place and get the contact info.
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:49   #5
BHPian

@Guite...already know that.

Yes - there is a driver to move the vehicle around.

We don't really need a sideways moving system. Just 2 independent up and down systems would do.

Thanks for the number. Will give them a call.

Regards,
Manas
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:59   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Similar parking is installed in the basement of Cental Mall, Bellandur. Even the contact information of the company is displayed in many places. Perhaps you can visit that place and get the contact info.
Bellandur Central mall system is quite efficient system. I have seen they prefer to move small cars ie hatch back on top. Sedan and SUV are spared. Also seen many helping hands to take your car out as you need to park the car on platform.My kids love to see car going up and down there
Such system needs lot of maintenance as I was talking to one of the helper He said they check all the system rigorously on weekly basis
aka_iitd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Wohr Parking has their plant here in Pune. You could google their website and check with them.
Its one of the reputed companies (even pioneers at that) to do this kind of parking works.
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Bellandur Central mall system is quite efficient system
Not sure about its efficiency but its a problematic system. As i have personally seen the holding rods getting broken and the car above half tilted (Almost on the verge of falling down), only held up by few attendants (By their bare hands) that ensured there was no damage.

That incident was the primary reason they do not let the bigger cars and SUV's go up and when it breaks the guys find it difficult to hold it up manually. So be aware and careful.
Old 23rd August 2012, 12:32   #9
BHPian

Thanks all!

I have spoken to Kinetic Hyundai and they will be coming next week to take a look at our requirements. The basic cost will be 1.7lakhs per 'pallet'. A pallet is defined as a single base moving up and down - enough to park 2 cars. We are looking at installing 2 or 3 pallets in one facility and 3 in another. Load capacity for each pallet is 2 tonnes and height required is 4m.

Am also speaking to some others today.

Regards,
Manas
manasm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 13:03   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasm View Post
We don't really need a sideways moving system. Just 2 independent up and down systems would do.

Regards,
Manas
In the illustration below (L1 and L2 at ground level), if all 4 slots are full, how will you remove the car in U1 or U2, if there is no sideways movement?
|U1|U2|
|L1|L2|

You cannot get even numbered parking in puzzle park as I understand, either 3 cars or 5 cars, as one car park slot needs to be free all the time!
Old 23rd August 2012, 13:17   #11
tud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
In the illustration below (L1 and L2 at ground level), if all 4 slots are full, how will you remove the car in U1 or U2, if there is no sideways movement?
|U1|U2|
|L1|L2|

You cannot get even numbered parking in puzzle park as I understand, either 3 cars or 5 cars, as one car park slot needs to be free all the time!
The simplest way is to move out the cars in L1 and L2. If you have a driver, he can take care of this. Assuming there is no driver or valet attendant you could work out your in and out timings with other car owners. So that the process is smooth.
Old 23rd August 2012, 13:48   #12
BHPian

Quote:
|U1|U2|
|L1|L2|

So, in continuation of the above statement, my isllustration is wrong, it has to be as follows:
|U1|U2|
|L1|__|

Mods: Sorry for the back to back post. Realized my mistake a little late, please merge the 2 posts if possible.
Old 23rd August 2012, 13:53   #13
BHPian

Quote:
|U1|U2|
|L1|L2|

@Vananthn21 - please see attached pic. Will give you an idea of what I am looking at. Probably 3 of these individual sets. This will allow parking of 6 cars.

Each set costs 1.7lakhs and is what is called 1 pallet.

Regards,
Manas
Attached Thumbnails
Puzzle Parking System-k20.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2012, 13:57   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasm View Post
@Vananthn21 - please see attached pic. Will give you an idea of what I am looking at. Probably 3 of these individual sets. This will allow parking of 6 cars.

Each set costs 1.7lakhs and is what is called 1 pallet.

Regards,
Manas
Oh ok, So if the car on top (Innova) has to be removed, the driver will first remove the car in the lower pallet (Santro), park it somehwere temporarliy, move the top pallet to ground level, remove the innova, and then move the Santro back to the pallet.
Is my understanding right?
Old 23rd August 2012, 14:37   #15
BHPian

Excatly. We have a driver at our factory to manage this, so although it sounds tedious, will not be for us!

We also have about 150 employees with bikes/scooters etc who have to park in the same area. This releases some space for them to park. As in the earlier pic from tud, we can even park a couple of bikes on there. We might end up getting a larger than normal size pallet to use for parking which will enable us to put 8 or 10 bikes on there.

The basic requirement was for us to be able to park more bikes within the premises instead of making them park outside, while still parking the cars within the premises.

Quote:
Oh ok, So if the car on top (Innova) has to be removed, the driver will first remove the car in the lower pallet (Santro), park it somehwere temporarliy, move the top pallet to ground level, remove the innova, and then move the Santro back to the pallet.
Is my understanding right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks