Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 18:34   #61
BHPian

when sebastien loeb's car crashed to a tree in australia in last race of the season, the tree even though small did not even budge.. INNOVA uprooting! unbelievable....
Old 14th April 2009, 02:59   #62
BHPian

what happened to airbags

the way the innova hits the bus should have popped the airbags. Does Innova has airbags ?

Glad to know everyone made out okay.
Old 14th April 2009, 04:12   #63
BHPian

The Innova has Airbags and ABS brakes,but it's available only in the high end version "V",this vehicle seems to be a lower end "G" version without the airbags.
Old 14th April 2009, 06:15   #64
BHPian

the tree doesn't look a big and so uprooting wouldn't have been much of a impossibility here.
but i feel, the innova hit the tree,and the tree was making an obstruction to traffic and was uprooted and placed right next to the car!!!
end of story...
Old 14th April 2009, 07:05   #65
BHPian

Ive just breezed through all the posts and didn't notice anyone suggesting that its better to claim a "write off" on the car and buy a new one on safety grounds.

I'm under the impression that if the A-pillar has collapsed ,then any form of repair is still compromising the safety of the car . Am i assuming wrong Or should the poor accident victim be told of this instead of getting it repaired for 3 lacs?
Old 14th April 2009, 07:29   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Where is the poor tree at fault? It is on the side of the road and not making any obstruction. See the pic again.

Innova seems to have hit it going left to right (on the tarmac in foreground) at high speed and then pivoted around the tree in clock wise fashion. This is typicla when nose of the car at high speed hits an obstruction off-center. The rear end lifts off slightly and since the impact is off center it pivots. It was more a combination of this circular motion plus speed that knocked off the tree. Also see that the tree is fallen towards the right - opposite the suggested line of Innova's travel.

This one also does not have air bags. I hope every one was alright. From the windscreen it looks like the front passenger was not wearing seat belt. See the round impact cracks?

Unless the driver was doing some evasive action (e.g. trying to avoid a pedestrian running across the tarmac from right side of the road) it seems to be his fault. Dozing off perhaps?

Last edited by sudev : 14th April 2009 at 07:35.
Old 27th July 2017, 18:22   #67
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crash with pics !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Look at america, their economy moves by roads, with speeds reaching 80 miles/hour.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4241725

Pls see the above post, America is also not far behind in fatal accidents!

But I agree with your other points!

Last edited by kbishwa : 27th July 2017 at 18:22. Reason: Addition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks