Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2006, 22:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Actually i sent him a second mail where the links were given. Forgot to add them in first mail.

Drifter
Old 9th May 2006, 22:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Goosebumps!

I'd bet this would be made as a scene in an indian movie very shortly.
Old 9th May 2006, 22:57   #18
Team-BHP Support

absolute power....

good for the gutsy guy!

anyways, this is a common problem with law enforcement officials even in Amrika.
too much power makes one believe one is above the law.

many a time, a police car standing quietly at a traffic signal will switch on the flashing lights, cross through an intersection, turn off the lights and continue on normally.......
Old 9th May 2006, 23:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
Our cops use freemail ??? What about security of information being submitted? I wonder if they get spammed too - $100 off on the latest radar buster, only for a limited period of time! Guaranteed to fool all police radars.
Old 9th May 2006, 23:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thats what i was wondering...but what the heck...working with what i have.

Drifter
Old 9th May 2006, 23:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

I Hate Cops with a Passion!! ... they are the lousiest scum of the earth
... WHY??... well the list is too long for me to get into here... I only wish my father/uncle someone was a top criminal lawyer...

Kudos to this guy... but I have known a lot of guys who have got into problems for a lot less...
Old 9th May 2006, 23:33   #22
Team-BHP Support

Interesting. Let's see where this goes...

Offtopic, but does anyone remember Brigade road being 2-way? He says he is 25 years old, but I remember it being one-way back in 1984 (22 years back), surely he can't remember anything before 1984.
Old 9th May 2006, 23:40   #23
BHPian

Well, the citizen really deserves a salute. One cant keep his anger sealed in a bottle forever. Its got to come out one day. These khakee clad men think they are second to none.

Such LAW-BREAKERS should be punished and must be taught how to 'practice before they preach'

Cheers!

az
Old 9th May 2006, 23:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78
good for the gutsy guy!

anyways, this is a common problem with law enforcement officials even in Amrika.
too much power makes one believe one is above the law.

many a time, a police car standing quietly at a traffic signal will switch on the flashing lights, cross through an intersection, turn off the lights and continue on normally.......
I've noticed this too but it's no way as bad as India... just yesturday I was stuck in traffic and there was a cop car right next to me, poor guy was sipping on his coffee and driving in bumper to bumper traffic with everyone else for almost 25 mins... when he could have easily switch on the lights and cruised his way home or wherever he was going!

@drifter - proud of you my boy about time someone stood up for what's right. I honestly hope someone takes some action but knowing how things work back home I will be really surprised. But its definately worth an effort.
Old 9th May 2006, 23:58   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPilot
I've noticed this too but it's no way as bad as India... just yesturday I was stuck in traffic and there was a cop car right next to me, poor guy was sipping on his coffee and driving in bumper to bumper traffic with everyone else for almost 25 mins... when he could have easily switch on the lights and cruised his way home or wherever he was going!
May be you are giving too much credit to this NJ cop. He was probably juggling his coffee and donut, and needed the stop-n-go traffic. Otherwise NJ cops don't have to follow any traffic rules as long as they do it safely.
Old 10th May 2006, 00:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
May be you are giving too much credit to this NJ cop. He was probably juggling his coffee and donut, and needed the stop-n-go traffic. Otherwise NJ cops don't have to follow any traffic rules as long as they do it safely.
You are right about the juggling part of his coffee and donut
but My friend... all cops have to follow all rules, however on-duty officers are exempt from certain traffic laws as long as they are in response to an emergency call or in the immediate pursuit of an actual or suspected violator of the law.
Old 10th May 2006, 00:44   #27
BHPian

Hats off to the guy. He's really got guts.. knowing what can come as a result of trying to get into dispute with a police officer.

I tried it once.. Was stopped at a red light signal with 2 traffic constables on my left side on a bike without helmets(i mean the police officers.. not the bike). I dont know why i lost my marbles and asked them why werent they wearing any helmets when everone else is supposed too. All they did was starting saying some nonsense in haryanvi ;-). Which i heard a while after which i simply closed my windows.

And few weeks later.. i got a challan for crossing a red light where i talked to them.

*** i kno.. but have decided not to take liberties with the police wallas.. with their blatant disregard for rules.. and cause of the ease with which they can misuse their powers and get away with it.
Old 10th May 2006, 06:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Flagship "gutty" guy.....man! had it been Delhi, he probably wouldnt have been there to write this in a public forum!!
Old 10th May 2006, 07:59   #29
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPilot
You are right about the juggling part of his coffee and donut
but My friend... all cops have to follow all rules, however on-duty officers are exempt from certain traffic laws as long as they are in response to an emergency call or in the immediate pursuit of an actual or suspected violator of the law.
You are right, DaPilot. And on-duty officers in the official patrol cruiser while on a call or in pursuit, are required by law to advertise their current mode, by turning on the light bar (blue and red beacons) and siren. And if they are in an unmarked car, they have to put up a magnetic-base, temporary beacon on the roof which must be switched on!

While patrolling the neighborhood or travellling from point A to point B with the beacon(s) off, and undercover cops on assignment must follow every traffic rule like all of us, including stopping to let pedestrians cross the road, coming to a complete halt at painted stop signs and freezing for a stopped school bus.
Old 10th May 2006, 12:43   #30
BHPian

i guess the best practice is to "SHOOT" them, of course with ur camera & then stop them for their names. if they give then ok else call 100 with the bike/car number and the violation committed. all calls on 100 have 2 b recorded and they follow up on that. this way even if they send u a challan u can always challenge it in the court and prove ur point.

also a good incident happened with my lawyer friend who was stopped for "alledgely" jumping the red light. he took the challan and challenged it in the court. summons were sent 2 the cop who issued the challan 2 b present in the court for the next hearing. my friend has not gone to the hearings since then and the hearing has been deferred 4 times. every time the cop has 2 b present (losing thousands of rupees of greasing they earn daily). last heard he called upon my friend and even offered 5k to finish the case so that he can go to his duty and not come 2 the court losing precious "greasing" time on the field.

BTW dont u think even traffic police should b privatised. they cud send u a challan but only with the pictures showing the person violating the crime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks