Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2006, 14:34   #1
BHPian

Guy questions ACP on breaking signal

This incident is supposed to have happened in bangalore.
He apparantly saw a police car break a red signal. Followed him and questioned him for breaking rules they were supposed to inforce.
Read on the full story at this link. Kudos to him....

http://my-bangalore.blogspot.com/200...t-hell_04.html
Old 9th May 2006, 16:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

The gentleman deserves a standing round of applause for what he did. It takes guts to carry out something like that and a sort of anger that makes you forget the consequences. I know the feeling too well.

ACP KRISHNAMURTHY DRIVING AROUND IN KA-03 G-24 - you are a shame to the service you represent, the force you "serve", the country that seeks your services and all of us who contribute to your monthly payroll. Scum of the lowest order.

I'm quite surprised this thread has been so studiously avoided. I hope I run into ACP Krishnamurthy in Bangalore someday....red light runner.
Old 9th May 2006, 16:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

I have forwarded the story through the contact section of the indian government website this morning. Not expecting anything to happen though. But keeping fingers crossed nevertheless.

Drifter
Old 9th May 2006, 16:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

A standing ovation from me to the gentleman. As Steer says - It takes guts to do what he did. I hope the ACP does get the punishment he deserves.
Old 9th May 2006, 16:34   #5
BHPian

Thanks conan,
Was able to get to know the incident and posted my comments there directly.. I hope someone really teaches this guy a lesson..

Last edited by Laxminarayan : 9th May 2006 at 16:36.
Old 9th May 2006, 16:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

This guy sure has guts.... Can imagine how the officer would have felt after getting insulted like that. If he still doesn't change his old ways, he is &%$#.
Old 9th May 2006, 16:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Just read this story. Kudos to the gentleman who actually chased the ACP to tell him about the rule he just flaunted.

I knew a police officer who once said, "Rules to aam logon ke liye hote hain, humare liye nahi". I was too afraid to protest then.

I think in future, if a cop tries to stop me and ask me for details, I will atleast ask for his identity card. I do not like to hand over my keys or license information to a person whom I dont know and trust.
Old 9th May 2006, 16:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Bravo boy!

Steer, I know the anger that you are talking about. As I read this story, I remember my stupid self messing around with a police officer around 12 years back. Alright, not with an ACP but with a Police Inspector. Though successful that time, I don't think I'll do that again
Old 9th May 2006, 17:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I remember my stupid self messing around with a police officer around 12 years back. Alright, not with an ACP but with a Police Inspector. Though successful that time, I don't think I'll do that again

i have also done something similar. ..even i think i wont do that again as i got into a lot of problems for trying to teach a few laws to the traffic cop ...he wasnt even an ispector ...he was a constable

still ....a bigg salaaam to this guy
Old 9th May 2006, 21:55   #10
BHPian

In Pune, such sights are common !
Many VIP cars break signals,the roads are blocked or sometimes even an entire route is made signal free(No RED signals - so that the VIP goes through the route very smoothly...all junctions - 90 degree roads have red signal untill the VIP crosses over) ! Can you Imagine this ? I have myself been a witness to such a procession, and i was wondering - what the heck !!! at the cost of we people's time.....as if Our time has no value !!! I was very much p***** off after this incident...but what cd be done !
Old 9th May 2006, 22:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

I just got a mail from what seems to be bangalore city police...I had written a mail this afternoon to them regarding this case. This is what i got in the reply. Either ways i shall forward the complaint to the given address.

Drifter

sir,

Thank you for visiting our website.

please contactor or write mail to Mr.Abdul Saleem IPS, Dy.Commissioner of Police,(traffic East), Infantry Road, Bangalore -01.

E-mail address & Phone nos

dcptrafficeast@gmail.com

dcptrafficeast@hotmail.com

22860787 / 22942346

Thank you

Bangalore City Police
Bangalore City
Old 9th May 2006, 22:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde
In Pune, such sights are common !
Many VIP cars break signals,the roads are blocked or sometimes even an entire route is made signal free(No RED signals - so that the VIP goes through the route very smoothly...all junctions - 90 degree roads have red signal untill the VIP crosses over) ! Can you Imagine this ? I have myself been a witness to such a procession, and i was wondering - what the heck !!! at the cost of we people's time.....as if Our time has no value !!! I was very much p***** off after this incident...but what cd be done !
I think that's legal (the holding the signal part, depending upon the security the perticular (V)VIP has got.
and Can't help it either. e.g. however bad they are, we don't want to replace our legislators every week (think of the cost of elections).
Old 9th May 2006, 22:10   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
I just got a mail from what seems to be bangalore city police...
he he he,

starting from this, i foresee another 10 folks trying to disown the responsiblity to touch a police officers' pride. and throwing the ball in somebody else's court.
Old 9th May 2006, 22:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

I have just emailed Mr.Abdul Saleem IPS, Dy.Commissioner of Police
Lets see what happens.

Drifter

Dear sir,

On 3rd May 2006 at 4pm, ACP M. Krishnamurthy in Bangalore Traffic Police Tata Sumo Reg - KA-03-G-24 broke through a red light at junction which is called Prof.A.M. Dharmalingam Circle.

Upon this, a citizen followed him and asked him the reason for jumping the red light. To which he blatantly replied "For us there is no signal".

Who may i ask gave the traffic police permission to break traffic signals meant for our own safety. Upon further questioning the ACP sped off. This pathetic attitude of the cops is just appalling. What sort of example are the police setting? If they cant follow the rules, how can you expect a common man to stop at traffic lights?

I have been given your email address and telephone numbers from the bangalore traffic police website when i had written to them this afternoon.

http://www.bcp.gov.in

I demand appropriate action to be taken. Waiting for your reply.

Yours Faithfully,

Manish Sarser
Old 9th May 2006, 22:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Drifter, great to see that you are following it up quite actively.

However, you MUST have had mentioned source of your information, web-site link pointing to the blog. From the officer's point of view, there is no credibility associated with your mail, since it does not back up with any proof or, any material of substance. He might simply shot back (if he chooses to) to you asking about authenticity of your information and claim.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks