Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2023, 08:26   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kerala: Convert licence & RC book to electronic format by Sept 30, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
I am not able to input the complete DL number for his license (it takes only 14 characters and I count 15 unless the state and RTO designation can be avoided). Did any of you (on anyone else here) face this?
The license got 15 characters so it should be able to accept it. I guess you might have included the space as well which added that extra character.

I think the standard format is "RTO (4 digits)+year of license (4 digits)+license number (7 digits). Earlier it used to be X/XXXX/XXXX. But you can get the original or the standard license number for this format here - https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sar...ce/dlSearch.do

Hope this helps.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 11:43   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Thanks Naveen for the post, motivated me to go ahead and apply for it.
Had submitted the application May 24th, got a message yesterday morning that the DL is dispatched with the IndiaPost tracking number. However the tracking number is still not active, so doesn't look like its in transit.

Kerala: Convert licence & RC book to electronic format by Sept 30, 2013-screenshot-20230613-11.38.49-am.png

So it took around 19 days from date of application to dispatch notification.
Old 14th June 2023, 00:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
@naveen.raju; @mpksuhas; @sarathlal; @vb-san
Applying for the updated DL for my dad and I am stuck on the Upload documents stage.

I am not able to input the complete DL number for his license (it takes only 14 characters and I count 15 unless the state and RTO designation can be avoided). Did any of you (on anyone else here) face this?
Sorry for the late reply.
This is for the document number field in the upload page?
You can enter the license number except the first two letters. Full license number except the prefix KL

Try this once please.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 07:21   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had submitted the application May 24th, got a message yesterday morning that the DL is dispatched with the IndiaPost tracking number. However the tracking number is still not active, so doesn't look like its in transit.
Both Speed Post and Parivahan won't show the tracking information as soon as it's dispatched.

Try Speed Post after couple of days. For me, it updated the tracking details when it was out for delivery.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 14:46   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Try Speed Post after couple of days. For me, it updated the tracking details when it was out for delivery.
For me tracking updated yesterday afternoon saying Item Received at Kochi and was delivered earlier today.

Yeah IndiaPost tracking is a bit slow, I noticed that some of the initial tracking events got updated only late last night or early today.

Coming to the DL itself, way better than the earlier laminated one, however my photo and signature appears vertically compressed despite uploading the images as per their specific dimensions (this was done 1-2 years back when I had requested for an address update).
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 11:29   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Just click "View More" and see if it's under printing. That stage takes the most time and for me as well, it took almost a month.

Attachment 2455024
Well, I completed all the formalities on my side on 2nd May itself. It was not moving till 15th June and showed as "Scrutiny pending at the RTO office". On 15 June, I raise a grievance on the same site with the application number as a reference. Suddenly the scrutiny is complete the next day .

Wish I had not wasted 45 days for this. Now it is pending for "APPROVAL OF ENDORSEMENTS ON DL" Let me see when I have to raise the next grievance to get this moving.
RaghuVis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 09:30   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However the tracking number is still not active, so doesn't look like its in transit.
Two things here -
1. Unlike the earlier process, this new license is printed at same location irrespective of the RTO. Earlier that was done at RTO level, or atleast was done at the major RTOs themselves. For example, mine was under KL11 - Calicut, the printing in old format - the crappy laminated one was done by them when renewed last year.
This new ones are getting printed from Cochin, hence you can expect couple of days delay in getting the shipment done if you are from another city.

2. The tracking number what I got was the correct one, thats the number in SMS / Parivahan site was matching with the number of the actual speed post I got.

However, the time when one receive the tracking number is not when the shipment is picked/ send from RTO. It just mentions that the same is queued for delivery. Its something similar to what you see in Amazon where package ready for shipment. I suppose, in BlueDart they mention this as docket created or something like that.
You will be able to see the tracking information when the shipment is actually picked up. For me, that happened some 3 days after this SMS came.

Thats when I noticed that the package was picked from RTO and then in some 2 days I received the same. Tracking details were all on time during that period.

For me, start to end it took around 3 weeks approx.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 13:59   #53
BHPian

Got my updated license delivered yesterday. Overall, it took around 25 days from the date of submission to delivery.

Quick question? What do i do with the laminated license? Destroy it? Are both the new and old ones valid?
Old 4th July 2023, 14:23   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.u View Post
Got my updated license delivered yesterday. Overall, it took around 25 days from the date of submission to delivery.

Quick question? What do i do with the laminated license? Destroy it? Are both the new and old ones valid?
The old one will not be valid after a year or whenever that window for cheaper conversion ends. The new one is to be used for tracking offenses also, video on the same below

Old 18th September 2023, 12:23   #55
BHPian

I followed the steps in this thread today and it says after generating an Application number for replacement of DL

Note 1: Applicant should take print out of the Application Form (pre filled) and duly signed with all required Documents to the concerned RTO / RLA office.
2: The online facility of application submission, upload documents, payment of fees, slot booking etc., does not complete the process of issue of Driving Licence or any other Service requested. The applicant has to compulsorily visit the concerned Road Transport Office to finish the process of issue of Driving Licence and/or any other associated services.
Old 18th September 2023, 13:28   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
I followed the steps in this thread today and it says after generating an Application number for replacement of DL
I followed the steps listed by naveen.raju and it worked for me. The new DL was delivered last month at my place in Kerala. The website has a mind of its own and works differently at different times, but otherwise the process was alright. I did all the online filing from here in Singapore, and got a friend back in Kerala to help with the UPI payment (they don't accept international cards).
Old 27th September 2023, 15:22   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, it seems the RC book conversion to PET cards will start from tomorrow - 28-OCT as per news link below.

News

Quote:
The Motor Vehicles Department (MVD) is now gearing up to roll out PVC PET-G cards for registration certificates (RC) too similar to smart card driving license
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 12:19   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post

Note 1: Applicant should take print out of the Application Form (pre filled) and duly signed with all required Documents to the concerned RTO / RLA office.
2: The online facility of application submission, upload documents, payment of fees, slot booking etc., does not complete the process of issue of Driving Licence or any other Service requested. The applicant has to compulsorily visit the concerned Road Transport Office to finish the process of issue of Driving Licence and/or any other associated services.
This happened to me too! Any updates on this for you? Scarily, the website is now not recognising my existing DL!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks