Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2013, 21:52   #1
BHPian

No Parking. No Problem. Just put your bonnet up!

Want free parking in the centre of a no-parking zone? Park your car with the hood open! Guess what... ?

It works !!!

India = Land of "Jugaad"

Saw a family of 4 get down from this Indica right in front of Rmall at Mulund, Mumbai. He stopped the car in such place where there is strictly no parking allowed. Then smartly he locked all the doors and pulled open the hood of the car. At first I thought that there was something wrong with his car but he quietly sneaked into the mall (lifestyle store). The traffic cops came on round but didnt pick his vehicle assuming that the car had broken down. He did his shopping and came back after sometime and found the car exactly in the same position. In the end all I could think of was "What an idea Sirji?" By the way I was waiting for someone and saw this Sirji.

(Mods pls merge this in appropriate thread if required)
Attached Images

Last edited by rahulsharma2008 : 23rd November 2013 at 22:06.
rahulsharma2008 is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 22:16   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
re: No Parking. No Problem. Just put your bonnet up!

LOL that is hilarios
I guess even thieves wont touch such a car!
Old 23rd November 2013, 22:41   #3
BHPian

Thats damn funny but damn irritating too - especially if you saw all this drama after taking much pains to park your own car.
Just recollected a video with a similar concept. Here it is:

Old 23rd November 2013, 23:07   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

What if someone steals his battery or something? Also isn't it easier for a thief to quickly jumpstart the car and drive off with it?
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 23:07   #5
BHPian

What would he do if someone stole the battery ?
Btw there's another related thread called "How to prevent your car from getting towed?"

Last edited by GTO : 25th November 2013 at 19:35. Reason: Adding thread link :)
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 08:46   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What if someone steals his battery or something? Also isn't it easier for a thief to quickly jumpstart the car and drive off with it?
Since the car is parked right in front of mall which is an extremely busy place, chances of stealing the battery are nil. I dont think you can jump start the car without the key since most cars come with immobilisers these days.
Old 24th November 2013, 08:59   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
Since the car is parked right in front of mall which is an extremely busy place, chances of stealing the battery are nil. I dont think you can jump start the car without the key since most cars come with immobilisers these days.
I feel the chances of battery getting stolen are more in this case than any other because the hood is already popped open. Even if someone calmly tries to take the battery/other parts out, no one is going to ask a question thinking the owner is working on the car.
Fiest@DuraTec is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 10:24   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post

I feel the chances of battery getting stolen are more in this case than any other because the hood is already popped open. Even if someone calmly tries to take the battery/other parts out, no one is going to ask a question thinking the owner is working on the car.
The thief will have to be more of a conman to execute this theft. Also the payoff is highly unfavorable since a used battery would hardly fetch the thief a couple of thousands. Had it been something like an open door and hi-end music system, it would have been a different story.
Old 24th November 2013, 13:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hahahahaha this made my day Smart guy this is. I would have winked at him and given him a thumbsup if I saw him walk out of the mall. I don't approve but this really is neat
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 16:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Disconnect the battery terminals, central locking will be disabled immediately. Fiddle with the key system, car is gone within minutes.

None will even bother tp check if the thief really owns the car.

The gentleman must be thinking he is very smart, but he will realize it some day.
F150 is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 10:14   #11
BHPian

I witnessed a sinister parking act in bangalore. A string of vehicles parked on a service roads were being ticketed. This guy simply parks when no cop is nearby, picks the ticket on the car in front and places it on his windshield and goes away shopping. No kidding, the cop on round saw that the car already had a ticket and walked by.
BBR_SHR is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 11:25   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR_SHR View Post
I witnessed a sinister parking act in bangalore. A string of vehicles parked on a service roads were being ticketed. This guy simply parks when no cop is nearby, picks the ticket on the car in front and places it on his windshield and goes away shopping. No kidding, the cop on round saw that the car already had a ticket and walked by.
And the car in front will again be issued a no parking challan? That's amazing. But didn't bangalore police started using hand held black berry devices to check the car details and record? I feel sad for the car in front in case he got fined twice for the same offence!
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 11:36   #13
BHPian

. I just wish these guys used their brilliance to come up with something creative for everyone else. I do don't know but the more i look at the picture, the more i laugh and the second guy in bangalore, i feel sorry for the guy who is getting challaned twice. But still, i find it real funny and sinister at the same time.
Old 25th November 2013, 11:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

The battery is the most gullible piece to be stolen in this case. What if a gentleman in mechanic clothes notices this and gets away with the battery? What if some vandals tamper with the fuel lines and the guys returns to start the car, might be a dangerous condition. IMO this is a cheap trick and such thing should be have been reported to the traffic cop. This is not at all ingenuity. Pls dont praise such acts.

The same person if found any damage to the car internals will create a hullaboo of the same.
ghodlur is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 12:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quite sinister actually!

The bonnet opening mechanism isn't given INSIDE the car for fun sake! Anyone noticing this can easily punish him immediately! Simply cut 1 random wire inside and he'll actually have to call the mechanic! Then he'll see who gets the last laugh.

A BMW X5 broke down & got locked in the middle of MG Road for 4 hours and someone filed a PIL in Karnataka high Court against such cars!

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 25th November 2013 at 12:21.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks