Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2016, 14:09   #16

Re: The Ridesharing & Carpooling Thread (UberPool, Ola Share, BlaBlaCar etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Does anyone know how much will UBER be paying me for every ride I offer? Will it be a fixed cost like 5 rupee a kilometer, or will I be paid more if there is SURGE pricing.
The reason I ask this is, usually when there is SURGE, it is during the peak hours. That translates to the traffic being really messed up in Bangalore.
If I am offering a ride to someone, its okay if its on my way, but going out of route even by 1 km in bangalore is like another 30 minutes of commute (sometimes, not always)

I would like feedback from people who have already used UBER commute in Delhi.
For UberCommute, It will be a fixed price based on the start and end location that rider mentions in the app. App will show the fixed price before hand.
Old 9th January 2016, 16:00   #17
aLY
BHPian

On the same topic, there were news about Ford's 'Share Car' Pilot project in the beginning of 2015(One of their 25 Mobility Experiments around the World).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-concept.html

Based on a report in Business line (Jan 7th, 2015), the experiment is planned to happen at Bangalore in collaboration with Zoomcar, And they were to deploy five Ecosports.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle6764519.ece

Haven't heard anything about it lately, do any one have updated information?
Old 10th January 2016, 19:53   #18

Orahi is a bit of a dud. I have downloaded the app and completed their 3 tier security check, including uploading my Aadhar card as an ID proof. Unfortunately I haven't received a single request for car pooling. Its not so important for me though since on many days, my office colleagues join me for a ride.

Can anyone guide me on apps for car pooling which are effective in Mumbai?
Old 4th February 2016, 20:42   #19
BHPian

Registered for Uber Commute couple of weeks back and got the access last week. Today was the day to try the Uber commute Partner App.

I switched ON the app today morning around 10.30 AM and started to Office which is in Sarjapur Outer Ring Road Bangalore. After 10 mins, I started getting alert from the Uber Partner App on a ride request which i gladly accepted. Luckily he was on the same road that i take daily to reach office. I went to his location and waited for him. He walked towards the car with a surprise look. He got into the car and asked me whether it is a premium service. Then, i had to explain him about Uber commute.

We started talking about traffic, work etc. and after some time he reminded me that i have to click on "Start Trip" option as he has not got an update that his trip has started. Only then, i realized about that and pressed that button on the app. Fare calculation starts only after i click on Start Trip. I dropped him near his office and reached mine.

Overall, It worked like a charm.
sbala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 18:55   #20
BHPian

My experience as a LiftO lift-giver in Mumbai

I have registered myself with LiftO and is a "lift-giver" for the past one month. Somehow my experience is not bad, given the fact that the user profiles are connected through Linkedin and people already know who they are travelling with beforehand. The payment is connected through PayTM and is hassle free. The rate is fixed at Rs. 5/Km without any ride time charge.

The issues I faced are the following -
1. The app is still being developed and hangs frequently. Updates are released almost every week.
2. Many people are not aware about this app. Till a month back I was getting 1 lift request per week. Currently I get a ride request once in 2 or 3 days.
3. Since the app allows only one person at a time, I get calls from "ex-lift-takers" on certain days, when someone else has already booked me, asking if they can join me on my way to office. This is irritating.

Good things -
1. At Rs. 5/ Km, your fuel cost is minimized. (Car pooling is not about making money)
2. Not a boring journey any more
Attached Thumbnails
The Ridesharing & Carpooling Thread (UberPool, Ola Share, BlaBlaCar etc.)-capture.jpg  

subhro1988 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 14:05   #21
BHPian

Re: My experience as a LiftO lift-giver in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhro1988 View Post
I have registered myself with LiftO and is a "lift-giver" for the past one month.
I am also using LiftO for couple of months now. I get 1-2 requests per week, but overall experience is positive.

In recent app upgrade they have reduced price to 3rs/km and now allow multiple people to take lift.

I want to recommend one more app which I use.

ToGo Carpool (Ride Sharing)

Its whatsapp like chat group app where you can create groups based on your commute route and then offer ride to other folks. Right now its free for someone who wants to offer ride for carpooling.

PS: I am just user of above apps and not affiliated to them in any other way.
Old 31st January 2017, 17:33   #22
BHPian

Ride sharing termed ILLEGAL by Karnataka's Transport Department!

Quote:
Starting this Friday, commuters will not be able to share a ride to work through taxi aggregators Ola and Uber in Bengaluru.

After a two-hour-long meeting with the Transport Commissioner on Monday, both app-based aggregators agreed to halt ride-sharing services offered under the brands ‘UberPOOL’ and ‘OlaShare’, as they have been termed illegal.
The Ridesharing & Carpooling Thread (UberPool, Ola Share, BlaBlaCar etc.)-images.jpg
Ride-sharing is beneficial to the environment and reduces the number of cars on the road.

The Reason: No Legal Framework

Quote:
The service was offered without a legal framework. Transport Department officials said cabs could be detained for permit violations of the contract carriage conditions, which only allow for multiple passengers to be picked up from one point and dropped at a specific point.
Ironically, the Traffic Cops have been promoting Carpooling since the last few years and now the Transport Department comes out with such a decision!

NOTE:
Under the Karnataka Motor Vehicles Rules, the permit conditions can be modified in the public interest. So let's hope that ride-share services will be made legal in the coming weeks.

Source:The Hindu
Old 1st March 2017, 19:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Bla Bla Car is awesome now. Have used it a lot in the last few months.
Old 19th July 2017, 16:10   #24
BHPian

I have used BlaBla once for an intercity ride and the experience was awesome.

I wanted to know if anyone has found a carpooling app that has good membership in Bangalore. I drive from E-City to Koramangala daily and tried Easyride and sRIde but haven't got any request so far.
Old 19th July 2017, 17:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
I have used BlaBla once for an intercity ride and the experience was awesome.

I wanted to know if anyone has found a carpooling app that has good membership in Bangalore. I drive from E-City to Koramangala daily and tried Easyride and sRIde but haven't got any request so far.
Try Quickride (started by an ex techie himself). I have been using it for quite sometime now and found it to be easy to use, multiple options to redeem the points and the customer service is good.

One reason for you unable to find much options would be probably that there are lot of buses starting from E city to that part of the city. I may be wrong though. Check through Quickride as it has tied up with many corporate companies and hence has more popularity than the other two.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 19th July 2017 at 17:57.
Old 19th July 2017, 17:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Try Quickride.
Tried that as well, but got no response. Maybe my timings are too odd. I leave E-City around 12 and back from Koramangala around 9.
Old 30th May 2018, 17:53   #27
BHPian

I have been using the following apps regularly for car pool.
Home is in Thane (GB Road) and office is in Sakinaka.
1. sRide
2. Wunder
3. AYA (Formerly known as ToGo)

I do get regular carpool requests on sRide, which seems to be the most popular one amongst the three I have listed.
Some of the features on sRide (and car pool in general), that I found better than the other two apps are:
i. Due to popularity, lot of people available en-route for car pool, especially if you are working in corporate offices/ IT parks.
ii. Links to Paytm and they have their own wallet too. No issues of carrying cash or change.
ii. Review system for both the parties (rider and the one who owns the car)
iv. On completing certain number of rides, your membership moves from 'Bronze' to 'Silver', 'Gold' etc and they have certain benefits. For example, when you move from 'Bronze' to 'Silver' after completing say 10 rides for example, you get free movie tickets (Got this message last week from sRide Not sure if this was a limited period offer or not)
v. Track your ride using their inbuilt map.
vii. Meet like-minded people and make new friends. One increases his/her network while travelling and sharing fuel costs. Now, isn't that cool!

sRide does charge a very small convenience fee (approx 7%) to the one offering car pool and the costs are preset by the app. Users cannot change the cost, which I like.
pankajn1702 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 18:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Using SRide for sometime now as a car owner.

+ves
  • Safe as most of the people availing the ride have their company email verified.
  • There is provision to mask one's phone number.
  • Accepting / starting / ending rides are easy
  • Payment processing is easy

-ves
  • The car owner should be able to change the rate (if even within a set range) as short distance rates are on the higher side which sometimes dissuade riders (that's what I have heard from riders).
  • Recurrence can only be set at 1 to and fro time for all weekdays. Would have been better if variable days / times could have been set.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 16:54   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajn1702 View Post
I have been using the... 1. sRide
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Using SRide for sometime now as a car owner.
Have started using this app as a car owner sine last week. I now have one permanent member & then occasional requests here & there keep popping up for travelling two & fro from Office.
One thing I noticed I car owner can offer only three seats, not four. Even if its a large vehicle like a Safari.

Reason for quoting you both is to enquire, if at all any one of you is successful in transferring the amount to your bank account.
I tried but was rejected as it says amount has to be minimum 1000/-. Even then it says with take few days to credit. Any luck with anyone of you to get it to your bank. I don't want to transfer to PAyTM.

Thanks.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 31st May 2018 at 16:58.
Old 31st May 2018, 17:48   #30
PVS
BHPian

I switch on both Quick Ride and S Ride for my home to work to home commute, and its not bad! I get some company in my daily 20 Kms ride, and the fuel bills are sort of taken care of(Wallet Transfer to PayTM) and I am left with some lose change.
Quick ride has a better UX compared to SRide, however SRide offers more fare for the same distance, so I am gradually accepting ride requests on SRide.

I have been car pooling for close to a month now.. no complaints so far..

Most Viewed