Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2017, 11:52   #916
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
I agree with you. In fact many of the new schemes launched have lost its effectiveness due to lack of publicity or insufficient publicity. FasTag was launched, but NHAI or Govt. of India should have taken out full page advertisements on local and English dailies, clearly explaining the benefits and the Dos & Don'ts. Here these folks launch a scheme, and then just leave it to the people to sort out the mess among themselves.

Also at times it is embarassing to explain your co-travellers about this grand scheme of FasTag, and then end up at a non-working FasTag toll booth counter (with your co-travellers sniggering) which never works!.
But in India, like all other things, no advertise or education will work. Only fine and penalty will make people to follow rules. Also if there is marked benefit people will digitize quickly, example Jio.

Also i feel final solution will be have all lanes as fast tag, with maybe one cash-lane with higher toll. So anyone wanting to use Highway will be having fast-tag. But this might be long term, but govt could have done it more aggressively.
Old 16th May 2017, 12:46   #917
BHPian

Just happened to change my login password for ICICI fastag, looks like these idiots store passwords in plain text. I got a text message of my password ( fully revealed) from ICICI.

Quote:
Dear Customer, Your Password: KaXXXXXXXXX for account No. 1006XXXXX has been reset. Please contact our Customer Care for any additional questions/issues.
Old 16th May 2017, 22:26   #918
BHPian

Re: Axis Bank FASTag Login ID Creation and Recharge Process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Create Beneficiary for Other Bank Transfers / NEFT
  1. Enter the following details:
    1. Name: Customer Name
    2. Account Number: Please enter your Complete Vehicle Registration Number/ Wallet ID (yes registration number without spaces / hyphens works great)
    3. IFSC: UTIB0000ETC
  2. Transfer the amount that needs to be recharged to the beneficiary above
  3. Initiate Payment for this Beneficiary.
I had paid 600 to Axis Bank for tag fees etc. I was left with 170 as wallet balance.

I transferred 100 2 times via IMPS. I see the amount reflected correctly in the "transactions" list. Hower my wallet balance is still the old on

Any one seen this ?
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture.jpg

But wallet balance is still 170

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture.png
Any idea what going on here ?
Old 17th May 2017, 08:10   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Any idea what going on here ?
Don't know about Axis Bank, but in ICICI there is the concept of a master account and one or several linked tag accounts. If you recharge the master account that balance is not reflected in the tag accounts. You have to login to the online portal and transfer money to tag accounts.
Old 17th May 2017, 13:59   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Don't know about Axis Bank, but in ICICI there is the concept of a master account and one or several linked tag accounts. If you recharge the master account that balance is not reflected in the tag accounts. You have to login to the online portal and transfer money to tag accounts.
Finally my FASTag wallet is updated.
But i see that there is an "Unclear Balance" of 200. I don't know what that means !
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-clipboard01.jpg

I think they have a Batch Job that runs once a day and updates the wallet balance. Pretty Dumb.
Old 17th May 2017, 14:47   #921
Senior - BHPian

For adding money to FASTag account/wallet, is 'convenience fee' being charged for adding money via NEFT/IMPS/Netbanking?
Had read about convenience fee on FASTag portal, is it still being charged OR waived off for some duration or after demonetization?
Old 17th May 2017, 19:55   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
For adding money to FASTag account/wallet, is 'convenience fee' being charged for adding money via NEFT/IMPS/Netbanking?
Had read about convenience fee on FASTag portal, is it still being charged OR waived off for some duration or after demonetization?
For those using the ICICI Fastag and having an ICICI Retail banking account(which is nothing but any Savings account with ICICI), there is no fee at all. For folks with ICICI Corporate banking account too, there is no fee.

But, if other means, i.e. debit cards or credit cards are used, then a convenience fee (+ service tax, etc) are added which roughly comes to 1.26% of the amount to be loaded.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 10:39   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally my FASTag wallet is updated.
But i see that there is an "Unclear Balance" of 200. I don't know what that means !
I think they have a Batch Job that runs once a day and updates the wallet balance. Pretty Dumb.
It means the money has to reach axis bank from your bank. If there were holidays or weekends or anything else in between .. might take some time for a NEFT to take place. You can use the IMPS option from your account and it works.

Funny thing for me - the axis bank fastag doesn't work with IMPS over phonepe (UPI app) but works with IMPS when made direct from my bank account's website. Asked phonepe and they dont see clued about it.

One other thing with axis bank - the money is immediately debited from my fastag account all right (as I could see when I logged into my statement) - but for a trip where I went to bangalore one day and returned to chennai the next day, I got the sms notifications from axis about toll being deducted one day later, for both sets of tolls. Their sms sending software seems to be a bit slow.

Last edited by hserus : 18th May 2017 at 10:44.
Old 18th May 2017, 10:52   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I transferred 100 2 times via IMPS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
might take some time for a NEFT to take place. You can use the IMPS option from your account and it works.
He did say he used IMPS.

Yesterday late evening - around midnight, as a matter of fact - I arrived at the Devanahalli toll plaza on my way home from KIAL. The scene in front of me was depressing - 15 toll collection booths, each of them having 10-15 cars lined up (and the occasional bus and truck). A vast majority were yellow board, presumably airport taxis. It took about 25 minutes to clear that mess. No Fastag could have helped - the dedicated Fastag lane was one of the 15.

That toll booth probably is the most inefficiently maintained in the whole of South India - Thoppur or Krishnagiri don't even come close. I wonder if their contract also has the 3-minutes-or-free clause (the one they plan to implement at Paliyekkara) in it.
Old 18th May 2017, 11:29   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
It means the money has to reach axis bank from your bank. If there were holidays or weekends or anything else in between .. might take some time for a NEFT to take place. You can use the IMPS option from your account and it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
He did say he used IMPS.
Problem is partly resolved. I topped up by 1000 via NEFT yesterday and I got notified over SMS in 20-30 mins and the wallet balance also got updated.

I still don't know what is Clear Balance and "Unclear Balance" in AXIS ETC statement.
Old 18th May 2017, 12:54   #926
BHPian

My Experience of getting Fast Tag and first time using it.

I got my Fast Tag on last Saturday (13th May) in less than 15 minutes at Devanahalli Toll Gate

I'd to go to pickup a relative from Airport - so I started earlier. I'd provisioned 45 minutes for this Tag related work- but it was done pretty quickly.

I'd called up Srinath (+9199035613830) at 11AM and informed that I will come around 16.30. He called me back at 16:30 asking when I am arriving. I was running late due to traffic and reached at 1655 and Srinath was calling repeatedly to come fast... as if he was in hurry to leave.

I'd difficulty spotting the Fast Tag Office at Toll Gate. I was coming from city and crossed the Toll when Srinath informed that I should come back. I'd to reverse back through the toll >200 metres before I could spot it.

Location: If you are going from City towards Airport, it is on right side 20 metres before toll gate. You've to carefully crossover to the wrong side- dodging on-coming traffic from toll.

I'd carried a
1. One Passport photo
2. Original RC Card and its one photocopy
3. Original Aadhar card and one photocopy (both as ID proof and Address Proof)
4. Rs 500 in cash

Srinath (990356 13830) is the contact person who does this work. He's a young lad.
He had a laptop where he entered my information in ICICI web-form, had me cross check the entries before submitting the same. I got instant SMS:
"Dear Customer, Your account No. XXXXXXXX has been activated on 13/05/2017 17:06:47"

He also had me fill up the ICICI paper form and sign at couple of places.

Srinath then came out and pasted the fast-tag in windshield under the Inner Rear View Mirror.

He said that it will have usable balance of Rs 100.
PS: Just when I thanked Srinath and was leaving, he asked for tip/service charge and I paid Rs 50.

---------------
Experience using Fast Tag for First Time

Topping Up Experience
Next day I logged in, registered and topped up the Rs500 in balance using Netbanking. However, the web-page errored out. HDFC Bank sent me SMS about Rs 500 debited, but ICICI didn't get any confirmation message on Fast Tag recharge done/failure. Even the ICICI account had no update. It was poor experience. I thought may be there is latency issue and will check in 2 days.

First Time Use
I was at Metro Cash and Carry, Hosur road and I wanted to test the Fast Tag on return to HSR. When I went to Electronic City toll gate, the Fast Tag lane was deserted. The boom barrier was open all the while and no one to man the gate.

I crawled the car at 5 KMPH through the toll gate & still the light stayed red. I was not sure what happened here.

Later I got SMS:
"Dear Customer, Your ETC Account No. XXXXXXXX, Vehicle No. XXXXXXXXXX has been debited Rs 45 on 14/05/2017 15:11:50 for Toll Charegs at ElecronicCItyPhase1 TollPlaza Plaza on 14/05/2017 14:45:06. Available Balance Rs 555."

This meant - My recharge was successful and the scanner had worked - however the spontaneous prompts/confirmations were missing.

It is damn confusion for sure for a new person for sure.
------

I plan a ride to Trichy/Tanjore/Pudukottai later this month and will post my experience after the trip.

Last edited by daretodream : 18th May 2017 at 13:04. Reason: Formatting
daretodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 16:39   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Posted the below concern in PGPORTAL regarding Paliyekkara Toll at thrissur and L&T toll at coimbatore byepass. Hope some action will be taken.
I got the below reply from NHAI on the grievance that i raised for PAlliyekkara and L&T toll.
How do we get rid of L&T toll at coimbatore?
Attached Images

AshiqueS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 17:00   #928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
Location: If you are going from City towards Airport, it is on right side 20 metres before toll gate. You've to carefully crossover to the wrong side- dodging on-coming traffic from toll.
You need not cross the road braving all the traffic coming out of the toll booths, that too from a wrong direction. I had mentioned it on this thread earlier on a much easier (and safer) way to reach here.
  1. Cross the Toll booth towards the Airport (you wont be charged anyway)
  2. As soon as you cross, stay right closer to the median and little ahead (say 150-200 meters) there is a break in the median to make U-Turn
  3. As soon as you perform a U-Turn, you are on the lane that is catering to Hyderabad return (and not Airport Return) Vehicles which would have already paid toll before this booth and have a free unmanned exit from few toll gates here
  4. You pass this gate without paying too and soon after passing this gate, start moving left and park your vehicle ahead on the service lane
  5. Walk back 50 steps to this FASTag office
Old 18th May 2017, 18:48   #929
BHPian

FasTag CashBack

I got the cashback (@10%) for :
toll debited in February 2017 on 20th April 2017
and
tolls debited in March 2017 on 11th May 2017
from ICICI.

How about others? Has the CashBack been delayed to you also?
Old 18th May 2017, 20:01   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
I got the below reply from NHAI on the grievance that i raised for PAlliyekkara and L&T toll.
Looks like they have a standard template for all the responses. They should learn from the Salem NHAI division on solving the issues or atleaset in giving a response. The Palakkad folks have just washed their hands off
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-thrissur.jpg
And compare this with the response of NHAI Salem for the Thoppur toll
Attachment 1639955
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-salem.jpg  

Last edited by glenmz : 18th May 2017 at 20:05.
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed