Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2017, 22:02   #1696
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbu567 View Post
Hi -If I need the fast-tag urgently, can I carry all required documents to the offline center (Devanahalli toll plaza is listed) procure and use instantly ? Thanks very much in advance
Yes you can. If you are staying any closer to EC, you can get it instantly from the Equitas representative as well. Few pages back I have mentioned the numbers.

But make sure wherever you opt to go, call and confirm availability and then go.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 00:19   #1697
BHPian

Hi all, this might be a repeat question here, please bear with me if it's the case.

I ordered and received the Paytm fastag for my car. My wallet also reflects the minimum fastag balance.

However, apart from driving to a toll both and checking, is there anyway to ensure that it's active? Or is it pre-activated before it is sent to a customer?
Old 16th October 2017, 08:36   #1698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I ordered and received the Paytm fastag for my car. My wallet also reflects the minimum fastag balance.

However, apart from driving to a toll both and checking, is there anyway to ensure that it's active? Or is it pre-activated before it is sent to a customer?
In your paytm wallet, go to the Fastag page where you have an option to manage Fastag. Click on that and it will lead you to a page which lists all the Fastags under your account and its status should be shown as 'Active' and not 'Issued'. If it is active, then it will work in any tollbooth supporting ETC.

Mine was activated by the time I checked it, that was one day after it was delivered. However, if not you might have to call their customer care and get it activated which is explained by Gannu here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Got my car's Fastag sourced through Paytm activated.

Sept 23 - Applied online and sent a copy of the RC in JPEG format.

Oct 3 - Received the Fastag through Blue Dart. Affixed it to the windshield the same day.

Oct 4 - Drove through a toll and realised the tag isn't activated as the scanner displayed some 'blacklisted car' error.

Oct 6 - Sent a mail to customer support (fastag@paytm.com) requesting them to activate it. Attached the RC copy in the mail. Activated same day evening.

Oct 7 - Tested it on the earlier toll. Got the deduction message and the deduction shows up on the app as well.

This thread helped a lot - many thanks to Rajeevraj (for the customer support mail), Paragbhai (for the application on the windshield hack), audioholic (for the responses to the Paytm related queries) and Suhas for the guide.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 11:14   #1699
BHPian

I was not able to source ICICI fastag for the XC90 as Devanahalli toll plaza is no longer selling fastags. It's been more than 2 weeks that I placed request with ICICI for a new tag and they don't seem to be interested in selling one inspite of having a corporate account with them.

A friend asked me to apply via Equitas, did same on Friday morning and by Saturday evening the tag was delivered . All I had to upload was car RC and pay 500/- even though car is registered in my company name. No supplementary paper work ( PAN card of company, board resolution, list of directors etc) needed like ICICI.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20171016_105639_01.jpg  

mjumrani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 14:47   #1700
BHPian

I applied through HDFC Bank online on 1 Oct 2017 and nothing happened. The help desk guys couldn't even track my application.

Avoid HDFC Bank for fastag for now.
Old 16th October 2017, 15:24   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
I applied through HDFC Bank online on 1 Oct 2017 and nothing happened. The help desk guys couldn't even track my application.

Avoid HDFC Bank for fastag for now.
I applied for Fast Tag thru HDFC online, and things moved very fast. I applied online on 10th and the Tag has already arrived today. Did you get the sms from HDFC, on the processing work. I received sms from them on the progress. I have a couple of mobile numbers of their service centre in Delhi, who tell you if the Tag is couriered.

Last edited by sparky@home : 16th October 2017 at 15:25. Reason: spelling correction
Old 16th October 2017, 16:29   #1702
BHPian

I applied through HDFC on the 26th September and no one knows where my application is! cancelled it and bought offline,(as right from the application process everything is poorly designed)- from a SBI Sales agent, skynet infosytem solution, located on MES Road goruguntepalya, near matthikere, guys there have been immensely helpful... Contact Kumar 8746950780 or 7892157808. This should be useful for those staying in North Bangalore.
Those who plan to go there- pls note if coming from Hebbal side on ORR- after the BEL junction underpass, you need to take a right side U Turn, as guided by google when you enter Skynetinfosystems, Seetharamaiah industrial estate, MES main road, but google maps will guide you to the Jalahalli village road just into the right, that will take you to the backside of this building where from you have no access to. I did that on my innova and U Turn etc are a nightmare. If not sure, as you are closer to this place type Klarny in google maps, (as directed by the folks) and it just took me there! So trust klarny to guide you ! This is a small by-lane that looks non descript and has this klarny cleaning solutions, along with SBI FASTag Agent signage's

Sincere thanks to all those here, who saved me a ride to E-CITY or Devanahalli!

Subbu

Last edited by subbu567 : 16th October 2017 at 16:46. Reason: formatting
Old 16th October 2017, 16:39   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbu567 View Post
I applied through HDFC on the 26th September and no one knows where my application is! cancelled it and bought offline,(as right from the application process everything is poorly designed)- from a SBI Sales agent -infonet solution, located on MES Road goruguntepalya- near matthikere- guys there have been immensely helpful there... Contact Kumar 8746950780 or 7892157808. This should be useful for those staying in North Bangalore.
Those who plan to go there- pls note if coming from Hebbal side on ORR- after the BEL junction underpass, you need to take a right side U Turn, as guided by google when you enter Skynetinfosystems, Seetharamaiah industrial estate, MES Mainroad, but google maps will guide you to the Jalahalli village road just into the right, that will take you to the backside of this building where from you have no access to. I did that on my innova and U Turn etc are a nightmare. If not sure, as you are closer to this place type Klarny in google maps, (as directed by the folks) and it just took me there! So trust klarny to guide you !

Sincere thanks to all those here, who saved me a ride to E-CITY or Devanahalli!
Subbu
How did you cancel it? Nobody knows what happened in Sahaj as they couldn't find my vehicle/mobile number in their DB but HDFC twitter handle says that it has been dispatched on 3 Oct itself.

I didn't get any SMS or mail so far.
Old 16th October 2017, 16:44   #1704
BHPian

I called up their CC number- gave the application reference that I received by mail. They informed of 'technical errors' in my application form but no one knows what. So I asked them to cancel, they said it has been done and gave me something called as tracking sheet id, a 4 digit number as reference with an assurance that 300 rs will find its way back to my card in 7 working days.
Old 17th October 2017, 12:31   #1705
BHPian

Trying to get a fastag for my Nexon, tried googling. Came across myfastag app for Android developed by NHAI. Also, they have mentioned that fastag can be activated on the RFID tags provided by OEM. Getting error as attachment. Anybody please help.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20171016082151.png  

Old 17th October 2017, 13:33   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Had the first taste of fasttag over this weekend. I had to use the fasttag on the inbound and outbound legs at the same kumbalam-aroor toll plaza. Both the times, fasstag worked. There were no dedicated lanes for fasttag cars, but the rush was minimal. Paytm fasttag correctly debited the amount from the wallet and I got the SMS after about 20 minutes.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 15:11   #1707
Senior - BHPian

The recent spate of posts indicate two things:-
1. In TeamBHP alone the lovers of FasTag is increasing. More and more people are adopting this.
2. Multiple vendors of FasTag have now appeared in the market (including PayTM). ICICI was the first to take the risk and jump in, but now others to have joined. Which again means that the business heads of these banks and IT firms have realised the true potential for FasTag.

Considering #1 and #2, I feel the nation as a whole is really picking up FasTag and awareness if fast spreading. Which also means that every toll booth now hesitant to accept FastTag would sooner or later have to fall in line. Exceptions may be folks like NICE Rd who are not obligated in any way to NHAI. I think by next year there is another order which mandates every toll booth to have two dedicated lines for FasTag.
sachinpk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 16:07   #1708
BHPian

Has someone got the 7.5% cashback which was advertised for fastag?
Old 17th October 2017, 16:15   #1709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Has someone got the 7.5% cashback which was advertised for fastag?
Have been receiving cashbacks on a regular basis every month till now. Don't remember the percentage but earlier I guess it was 10 and now 7.5 or 5? But yes, just replying to say cashbacks are happening.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 19:56   #1710

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I was not able to source ICICI fastag for the XC90 as Devanahalli toll plaza is no longer selling fastags. It's been more than 2 weeks that I placed request with ICICI for a new tag and they don't seem to be interested in selling one inspite of having a corporate account with them.
Is it working for XC90? New Volvo cars got IR coated windshield which blocks RFID detection.

Most Viewed