Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2017, 10:23   #1726
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
I procured my Fastag through Paytm yesterday (by paying Rs 500). I am yet to affix the RFID tag on the windscreen of my car. Since I shall be undertaking a long road trip in the near future, I wanted to top up the Fastag with another 500 before I start the trip, but could not find any topup / recharge option. Am I missing something, kindly help please.
A friend got his fast tag through Paytm and it looks like all you need to do is to recharge your Paytm wallet - there is no specific wallet just for fast tag. And that makes a lot of sense too. I have my fast tag from icici and need to explicitly recharge. But Paytm is something I anyway use all the time so would have been easier to simply use Paytm.
Old 20th October 2017, 10:28   #1727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
A friend got his fast tag through Paytm and it looks like all you need to do is to recharge your Paytm wallet - there is no specific wallet just for fast tag. And that makes a lot of sense too. I have my fast tag from icici and need to explicitly recharge. But Paytm is something I anyway use all the time so would have been easier to simply use Paytm.
I have loaded my Paytm account with Rs 500. But how does this amount go to the Fastag, is there an automatic debit when the balance is low?
Old 20th October 2017, 10:30   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Got my Fastag from Equitas on Monday, had applied on Friday afternoon
Was this activated immedietely or does that take time?
Looks like Equitas delivers faster than others now
Old 20th October 2017, 11:05   #1729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Was this activated immedietely or does that take time?
Looks like Equitas delivers faster than others now
Immediate activation. You get an SMS in 24 hours saying the tag is assigned and active, post that they ship the tag.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 11:13   #1730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Quote:
I have loaded my Paytm account with Rs 500. But how does this amount go to the Fastag, is there an automatic debit when the balance is low?
Ensure enough balance in PayTM "wallet" to cover the toll charge(s).

Any and all tolls debited to PayTM FasTag account (which has 150/- balance) will get automatically credited from the wallet account and maintain the 150/- balance in the FasTag account.
Old 20th October 2017, 11:20   #1731

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Nope doesn't work on the XC90 or the Polestar, tested that long ago using my old car's tag before cancelling the same. I will be pasting it outside with a 3M film on top of it. Will post images by weekend.
Thank you mjumrani, hope to see the image; I was worried about the city safety functioning and rain water ingress. Hence I didn't do that earlier.
Old 20th October 2017, 13:12   #1732
BHPian

Got a PayTM fastag and tested it twice at the Pondicherry Toll plaza. The lane earmarked for fastag vehicles was not able to read my tag. The gate closed and redirected me to join the next lane midway where the operator read it with a scanner and it worked

Is there any reason why the system in the lane is unable to read it? I have pasted the tag at the top right corner of the windshield in a WagonR VXI
Old 20th October 2017, 15:58   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
I procured my Fastag through Paytm yesterday (by paying Rs 500). I am yet to affix the RFID tag on the windscreen of my car. Since I shall be undertaking a long road trip in the near future, I wanted to top up the Fastag with another 500 before I start the trip, but could not find any topup / recharge option. Am I missing something, kindly help please.
As far as my knowledge goes, Paytm Fastag directly takes money from your Paytm wallet. Paytm Fastag maintains Rs 150 in its main account and when ever you use some amount from this balance (By passing through a Fastag enabled toll), the amount will the transferred from Paytm wallet to the Fastag wallet automatically, to maintain Rs 150 as Fastag balance.
All in all what I need to say is, just keep the required amount in your associated Paytm account and that's it.
Old 22nd October 2017, 22:15   #1734
Distinguished - BHPian

Fast(Slow)tag at Krishnagiri toll today.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-f1.jpg

This truck took 3 minutes to cross this toll.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-f2.jpg

Non-Fastag vehicles allowed here,

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20171022_105030632_hdr.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 22:28   #1735
Senior - BHPian

Somatne Phata does not have a dedicated Fastag lane.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 12:53   #1736

Got a chance to use the tag this weekend. I must say after all the push the govt. has given to this project by making most banks issue the tags, the implementation on ground is appalling to say at least.

I did use the tag once a month back on the Electronic City flyover toll in Bangalore and the experience was seamless. I also received notifications by SMS and paytm immediately.

But this weekend I did a trip to Mangalore. Total of 7 tolls from Bangalore each way and my experience was quite bad. 3 tolls had a handheld machine which did not pass the transaction immediately. Guess it waits for network and then processes the transaction and I only received the message 3-4 hours later. Quite obvious that the toll both person said my tag was faulty and I had to argue with him to pass. One toll booth (Solur toll) had no infra and I wasn't charged on both days - up and down. Also the regular problems like all traffic allowed on FastTag lanes so there is no real use of having the tag except that you are transacting cashless.

The worst was that cars paying cash were crossing the toll within 10-20 seconds. But I was made to move forward and backward slowly till the tag is identified by the receiver - which took about a minute at each toll. So definitely this is still not a seamless experience and I would agree that as of now its a SlowTag experience!!

Really disappointed that this is the best we can get in India even in 2017!!
sachinkudva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 15:46   #1737
Senior - BHPian

I did a Blr - Gokarna -Murdeshwar - Blr trip over the previous weekend. Fasttag worked properly at all tolls. Every toll had a dedicated fast tag lane along with a security person manning it and not allowing any non tag vehicles to get in. Couple of the booths had hand scanners and they too recognized the tag properly. Effectively I saved 15 mins (5 toll booths) onwards and 20 mins (only 2) while coming back.
Old 23rd October 2017, 16:32   #1738
Senior - BHPian

Did a Bangalore-Yelagiri-Bangalore trip over the week end. FasTag update:-
To Yelagiri
---
Krishnagiri toll booth. Dedicated lane, effective manning of the barrier. Google Maps immediately reduced the travel time by 9 mins, when it realized I crossed the toll booth quickly .

Did not have to cross any other toll booths, as Google Maps cleverly (!?) took me through village roads at Kettandapatti etc.

To Bangalore
---
First toll booth after entering the highway from Yelagiri. Dedicated lane, which had both automatic and manual scanning possible. The car in front of me, had the manual scanning done. For me the automatic scanning worked.

Krishnagiri toll booth: Heavy rush, and lots of people trying to force their way to the Fastag lane. Lost 5 mins because of a rowdy Omni van driver who was fighting with the guards. Seemed to be a local trying to throw his weight around.

Attibele Toll booth: After seeing the rowdy in action in Krishnagiri, I predicted that their numbers would be more in Attibelle toll booth. Did not take a risk, just drove via TVS check post route.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 16:35   #1739
BHPian

I have an AXIS bank issued FASTag stuck behind the IRVM.

I have always had to request the toll operator on MPEW to scan the tag manually. And that too the scanner gun has to literally touch the windshield for the tag to get registered.

Can someone help me with what could be the problem here?
  • AXIS Bank Tags
  • VW tag interference
  • Problem with RFID scanners on MPEW

Should I just cancel the AXIS Bank tag and get a new tag from Paytm or something else?
Old 23rd October 2017, 16:56   #1740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post

Should I just cancel the AXIS Bank tag and get a new tag from Paytm or something else?
The technology behind all tags is same. AXIS or Paytm or SBI, they are just providers of the tag. Try replacing the tag with a new one from AXIS itself.

Last edited by mjumrani : 23rd October 2017 at 16:56. Reason: Typo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks