Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2019, 09:30   #3226
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

A question on Fastag for new cars: My son's pal has left his new Verna with him for a couple of months, as he has gone abroad. It was delivered in Kakinada, but with us in Hyderabad.

I don't see an Fastag on it. I thought all new cars were supposed to be delivered with it. Can anyone suggest the next steps to get one? It is not feasible to drive to Kakinada to get one.

Assuming we have to order a new one, we might face some issues because the number plates still bear the temporary registration. I believe the registration was done in November, but we have not got the docs yet to fix the number plate. So this will pose a challenge for KYC.
Old 13th February 2019, 10:03   #3227
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
I come home check Paytm and have been billed twice for the same toll (₹85 and ₹45) albeit I don’t understand the charges. Could someone kindly explain.
Doc, this seems to be fine since your onward is Rs.85 and return is Rs.45 which totals to 130 for a same day return (within 24 hours).
In my case, I had 3 debits of Rs.85 instead of 2 (it was more than 24 hours between onward and return so the third one was duplicate of second since exclusive lane failed to detect the tag).

EDIT:Saw the screenshot again and I think you're right. That last Rs.85 is a wrong debit, please do raise a dispute with them.
You had a Rs.85 debit at 7:03am for onward which is fine.
The Rs.45 debit at 8:10am is also fine as it took the same day return fare (85 + 45) but the last 85 at 8:40am is an extra/incorrect debit.

Last edited by NPV : 13th February 2019 at 10:08.
Old 13th February 2019, 10:12   #3228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The Rs.45 debit at 8:10am is also fine as it took the same day return fare (85 + 45) but the last 85 at 8:40am is an extra/incorrect debit.
Depends on when he returned. If we assume he went to the airport at 7:03, then one of two things happened:

(a) He returned at 8:44 and by then his tag was (mis?)used for the return part already, or
(b) He returned at 8:10 and later on his tag was (mis?)used for another one-way trip.

Don't they mention direction of travel/lane ID in Fastag logs?
Old 13th February 2019, 10:44   #3229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Doc, this seems to be fine since your onward is Rs.85 and return is Rs.45 which totals to 130 for a same day return (within 24 hours).
In my case, I had 3 debits of Rs.85 instead of 2 (it was more than 24 hours between onward and return so the third one was duplicate of second since exclusive lane failed to detect the tag).

EDIT:Saw the screenshot again and I think you're right. That last Rs.85 is a wrong debit, please do raise a dispute with them.
That second debit is what I’m confused about. Have already raised a dispute, waiting for their response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Depends on when he returned. If we assume he went to the airport at 7:03, then one of two things happened:

(a) He returned at 8:44 and by then his tag was (mis?)used for the return part already, or
(b) He returned at 8:10 and later on his tag was (mis?)used for another one-way trip.

Don't they mention direction of travel/lane ID in Fastag logs?
Return at 8:45 would not be possible since I took the ORR to goto Nelamangala for work. You can see in the screenshot that I passed the YPR-Nelamangala toll (Plaza 1 - ₹20/-) at 9 am. Now on any day I don’t think it is possible to get from Devanahalli toll to Nelamangala toll in 15 mins
Old 13th February 2019, 11:02   #3230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had my first experience too of a double transaction that too as the same toll booth as you.

Attachment 1847963
The bottom 2 entries are genuine with 0703, Rs. 85 (in) & 0810, Rs. 45 (out). Looks like either the sensor did read your tag (but the boom did not open) OR the operator entered your vehicle number correctly in the normal lane.

Intrigued by the 0844 entry for Rs. 85. Looks like an operator (at the IN gate) manually punched in your vehicle number to charge you again. Please escalate to both Paytm and EDTPL with a copy to NHAI if required later.

Last edited by itwasntme : 13th February 2019 at 11:04.
Old 13th February 2019, 12:04   #3231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can see in the screenshot that I passed the YPR-Nelamangala toll (Plaza 1 - ₹20/-) at 9 am. Now on any day I don’t think it is possible to get from Devanahalli toll to Nelamangala toll in 15 mins
Not being familiar with all the toll booths that side of city, I didn't recognize this. My apologies if I have offended you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Intrigued by the 0844 entry for Rs. 85. Looks like an operator (at the IN gate) manually punched in your vehicle number to charge you again.
Can they manually punch vehicle number and charge to Fastag? That is a massive loophole, then. The other line of thinking I have is tag cloning, which also seems unlikely. Either way, this needs clarification.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th February 2019 at 12:10. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 12:17   #3232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
The bottom 2 entries are genuine with 0703, Rs. 85 (in) & 0810, Rs. 45 (out). Looks like either the sensor did read your tag (but the boom did not open) OR the operator entered your vehicle number correctly in the normal lane.

Intrigued by the 0844 entry for Rs. 85. Looks like an operator (at the IN gate) manually punched in your vehicle number to charge you again. Please escalate to both Paytm and EDTPL with a copy to NHAI if required later.
Yes, I agree with the bottom two entries. They are genuine and I have no problem with them. The other entry at 0844 is what I'm bothered about. Have travelled all over India and this is the first time I'm facing this issue.

Thanks for the suggestion, will escalate to EDTPL and a copy to NHAI as well.

Quote:
Not being familiar with all the toll booths that side of city, I didn't recognize this. My apologies if I have offended you.

Can they manually punch vehicle number and charge to Fastag? That is a massive loophole, then. The other line of thinking I have is tag cloning, which also seems unlikely. Either way, this needs clarification.
No offence taken buddy relax, just stating the fact that the two toll booths are quite far apart and is not possible to cover them in span of 30mins.

Seeking clarification, have escalated the matter. Lets see what happens.
Old 13th February 2019, 12:19   #3233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I suspect they can. Sometimes when I have been waved into a manual lane in some toll booths, I have noticed they punch in the vehicle number and probably check if the tag is active or not. If it is, I think they CAN record a valid debit even without scanning the FASTag itself.

Mind you, every FASTag equipped toll booth also has a video camera with Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPRS) recording the number which can be viewed in real time in the booth control room and is stored for some time at least.
Old 14th February 2019, 22:53   #3234
BHPian

Hello all, I have an ICICI FASTag already. Buying a new car however the dealer processing only Axis bank ones. He is open if I am getting on my own and he will provide invoice copy. Typically It takes 4-5 days for Fastag, is it not ? Any info in Bangalore where I can get immediate delivery of ICICI fastag?
Old 14th February 2019, 23:34   #3235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Hello all, I have an ICICI FASTag already. Buying a new car however the dealer processing only Axis bank ones. He is open if I am getting on my own and he will provide invoice copy. Typically It takes 4-5 days for Fastag, is it not ? Any info in Bangalore where I can get immediate delivery of ICICI fastag?

Try at ICICI, bommanahalli branch. They have a Fastag team sitting there.

Last month, my friend applied online(ICICI), uploaded all the required documents and got the tag delivered on the 3rd day.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 07:59   #3236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Try at ICICI, bommanahalli branch. They have a Fastag team sitting there.
Called ICICI CustomerCare. They have mentioned I can get over the counter at Electronic City Toll Plaza.

Another complication is I am planning to take it on company lease so for this I need to get KYC documents from company :(

I think I need to visit ICICI Bommanahalli and get clarity.
Old 15th February 2019, 10:19   #3237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Assuming we have to order a new one, we might face some issues because the number plates still bear the temporary registration. I believe the registration was done in November, but we have not got the docs yet to fix the number plate. So this will pose a challenge for KYC.
For Fastag, you will need to upload the a copy of the RC.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 11:22   #3238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
For Fastag, you will need to upload the a copy of the RC.
For my car, Paytm issued it only on the basis of the VIN. I still haven't uploaded my final RC though it has been a couple of months now.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-whatsapp-image-20190215-11.19.41.jpeg
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 14:40   #3239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I'm having a horrible time getting my Fastag replaced with Paytm. Had to replace my windshield 2 weeks back due to an incident and since then I have been trying to get a replacement tag without success.

The tag cost is Rs.100 but as they charge security deposit of Rs.300 for new accounts and first recharge of Rs.100, the total cost when ordering a new tag is Rs.500. But in my case the later 2 doesn't apply and I should be ordering a replacement tag for Rs.100. But I couldn't do it from their app and their customer service doesn't know how to issue a replacement tag either.
Update on this : after 3 weeks, got a request in Paytm to pay 100Rs. out of the blue with comment saying Fastag. No other email or phone communication. I paid assuming it's for replacement.

Received a call four days after payment to ask for address (which they already have in file) to ship the tag. Again, no text or email notification on whether it was shipped or anything like that you would generally expect. At this point, hoping they shipped and I receive it in few days.

All it shows is that Paytm don't have any proper processes or a full fledged department running this professionally. The experience made it look like it's managed by 1 forgotten person sitting in a corner of the office. That's how poor it's run.

I'd never recommend again to go for Paytm Fastag to anyone in future. Learned my lesson and I will try to exhaust the balance and look for a replacement myself.
Old 15th February 2019, 14:45   #3240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I'd never recommend again to go for Paytm Fastag to anyone in future. Learned my lesson and I will try to exhaust the balance and look for a replacement myself.
I literally wasted more than 3 weeks after applying for new Fastag from PayTM. Finally fought with them and got the order amount refunded. Got Fastag from ICICI within a week thereafter. So, I won't recommend PayTM either for Fastag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks