Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2019, 20:11   #3361
Team-BHP Support

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The cashback isn't done on a per transaction basis per se (can't be tracked at that granular level in statements), rather cashback is processed for the sum of your transactions in a month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Refer below attached screenshots. Cashback till Dec has been credited:
Just checked my Statement; no cashback even though both trips were done within the period for which cashback has been processed.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screen-shot-20190515-20.08.11.png

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screen-shot-20190515-20.00.52.png

I've raised a complaint but no news yet.
Old 16th May 2019, 12:55   #3362
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I applied for a new fastag through ICICI and got a failure message after the amount got debited. It happened for two times. Also, I tried through SBI and it did not go through.

Suddenly I got SMS from ICICI that my fastag ID will be shipped and received it today.

What will happen to the other two (One through ICICI and SBI)?.
Old 16th May 2019, 22:35   #3363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
What will happen to the other two (One through ICICI and SBI)?.
If your query was regarding operability of multiple tags together, you can avoid it by not pasting the other tags. Just go with one tag which works.

However, you may end up loosing tag cost which you would have paid already.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 23:56   #3364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
So they were not enforcing it. I do think the L&O point is valid, but they can't ignore it for long.
Best solution be make all lanes FASTAG enabled and see that more people adopt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Do we indeed have such a valid order?
Yes have seen it many a times across dedicated FASTAG Lanes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Fastag scanners seems to be not working in a couple of tolls in the Bangalore- Coimbatore stretch. Was let through without any scan or debit when I drove down couple of days back. Or is the reason something else?
Fastag lanes which don't have a boom barrier or non functioning one, can result in free pass.

Eg. Fastag reader is there and functioning and boom barrier is not there. Driver wouldn't slow down car and drive past giving no time for FASTAG Reader to read RFID tag.

Plus point is you save on Toll Fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Last Sunday I was waiting at the toll plaza on Durgapur Expressway while on route to Chunchura and it was indeed annoying to wait in the usual queue while seeing FASTag lane moving way faster. I am evaluating giving a try.
Get it. You will never go back to cash.

I have been using it for past 12,000 kms of highway runs and believe me it saves time, hassle of handling cash and smelling bleaching smoke of vehicles when you have to open window to get Toll ticket.

Best part, is dedicated FASTAG lanes, which most times is empty and gated entry. Enter like a VIP and drive past where other car drivers are like

With X1 it's even more fun.

Get PayTM FASTAG. Interface is good.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 14:38   #3365

My friend is having a tough time with HDFC fastag and HDFC is of no help. Can we complain to NETC/ NHAI regarding fastag operator issues?
Old 20th May 2019, 19:33   #3366
BHPian

Hello everyone, I need a help. How does Fastag work if we are to cross a particular toll multiple times within 12 hours or say 24 hours ??

My friend happens to cross Hoskote toll at Bangalore multiple times ( both ways ) and was curious about how Fastag works in this case. Can anyone please let me know so that I pass on the info to him ??
Old 20th May 2019, 19:57   #3367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Hello everyone, I need a help. How does Fastag work if we are to cross a particular toll multiple times within 12 hours or say 24 hours ??

My friend happens to cross Hoskote toll at Bangalore multiple times ( both ways ) and was curious about how Fastag works in this case. Can anyone please let me know so that I pass on the info to him ??
If the said booth has return journey option it will deduct only the return fare when you pass before 24 hours.

If there is a booth where you can pass the booth in 24 hours and multiple times, the balance amount gets deducted.

So basically you just keep driving without worrying much. The system deducts accordingly.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 14:42   #3368
BHPian

I got an Axis Bank fast-tag from the dealer when my new car was delivered. And since then I have been running pillar to post to get the KYC enabled. I had approached the nearest Axis bank branch & submitted the documents. Its been 10+ days and they are still trying to get the KYC done. First they were unaware of the process (to be fair to them, they were honest about it), yet they were kind enough to get the documents and initiate it and learning on the way. It seems even they have trouble accessing their servers to submit the documents and there is no clarity. This sucks for me as an end customer.

Next the axis bank fast-tag portal is horrendous to say the least. It looks like a 8 year old kid learning programming designed it as a part of an experimental project. The site availability is a hit or miss and if its available, getting the right menu options is actually a rocket science. And finally once you get all of it, many options prove useless. This is topped by the fact that am restricted to 1000 Rupees a month top-up cause of the KYC (which the bank itself is struggling to get completed)

Clearly axis bank has no interest in this business, so I dont understand why they even care to issue the fast-tag. Unless you have an axis bank account (and even if you do, try to) avoid axis bank fast-tag like the plague !!
Old 21st May 2019, 15:34   #3369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you saying that some vehicles can pass without getting detected and results in an effective free passage through that toll plaza?
Just trying to highlight that one can save time as they need not stop for toll payment etc.

Quote:
I recall someone has cited earlier in this same thread that the FASTag implementation is intelligent to such an extent that it can comprehend if it's a return of the same vehicle through the same toll plaza and does consider discounting the return fare automatically to provide benefit equivalent to a multi trip or return pass.
Basically the system detects if one is travelling back within 24 hours. If yes, then the balance amount is deducted only.

For example, say one has to pay 100 rupees from A to B via the toll. For both up and down, lets assume the toll operator charges 180.

If you are manually paying, then either you declare at the initial point that you intend to return within 24 hours so that the toll operator charges 180. If you forget to declare, then while returning also you would pay 100.

Using a fastag, for the A to B it will charge you 100. And if you are doing the return within 24 hours, it will charge you only the balance amount of 80.

So the advantage is that even though you did not declare for the return, still you got the benefit.
Majumdarda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 16:32   #3370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
For example, say one has to pay 100 rupees from A to B via the toll. For both up and down, lets assume the toll operator charges 180.
Extending this: Suppose further that the aforementioned toll has another rate of Rs. 300 for a "daily pass" for unlimited travel during a single day. In which case:

* First outbound, Rs. 100 is deducted.
* First return, a further Rs. 80 is deducted.
* Second outbound, another Rs. 100 is deducted.
* Second return, Rs. 20 is deducted for a day pass.
* Third outbound onwards - no deductions.
binand is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:28   #3371
BHPian

I have recently picked fastag for my car to primarily use of Hyderabad ORR. I have observed that the deductions are very erratic. Where the return fare should be 1.5 times of normal fare(X). I am getting billed erratically 1.6X or 1.8X etc

Will test for a few more times before complaining. Otherwise I don't see the point for using it where return trip is within 24 hours.
Old 24th May 2019, 22:00   #3372
Senior - BHPian

Is KYC a must for fastag validity? I have been using a Paytm fastag for more than a year now and it's been working like a charm. Last week, out of the blue, the Fastag balance went from Rs. 150 to 0. On raising a complain with Paytm, I was asked to complete my full KYC in order to restore Fastag services. Is that true for other Fastag providers as well?
Old 25th May 2019, 07:27   #3373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Is KYC a must for fastag validity? I have been using a Paytm fastag for more than a year now and it's been working like a charm. Last week, out of the blue, the Fastag balance went from Rs. 150 to 0. On raising a complain with Paytm, I was asked to complete my full KYC in order to restore Fastag services. Is that true for other Fastag providers as well?
Yes, Full KYC is mandatory for all fastag accounts after 1 year. For that matter, for all e-wallets like Ola money, Amazon Pay etc, full KYC is mandatory after a year. Loading would not be allowed if you are not full-KYC compliant.
RBI had earlier set a deadline of March 1st which was subsequently extended to September 30th for full KYC compliance. But most e-wallets have already started locking accounts of non full KYC compliant accounts.

Last edited by sandsun7 : 25th May 2019 at 07:29.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 08:25   #3374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Last week, out of the blue, the Fastag balance went from Rs. 150 to 0. On raising a complain with Paytm, I was asked to complete my full KYC in order to restore Fastag services. Is that true for other Fastag providers as well?
For me, the FASTag balance didn't reduce. I just couldn't add any money to the wallet. So had to use my reserve when I passed a toll.

Getting KYC is a 5 min process. Find the nearest point and do carry your ID proof (preferably driving license). The shop I went to didn't accept aadhaar card. To my surprise, Kerala just had only a single KYC point (PayTM) which was this old dinky shop and we had to wait for an hour as this dude took his sweet time to open the shop. Few customers did mention to me that they would raise a complaint with PayTM. Looks like they have more KYC points here now and this shop isn't there anymore.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 25th May 2019 at 08:34.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 11:18   #3375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
For me, the FASTag balance didn't reduce. I just couldn't add any money to the wallet. So had to use my reserve when I passed a toll.

Getting KYC is a 5 min process. Find the nearest point and do carry your ID proof (preferably driving license). The shop I went to didn't accept aadhaar card. To my surprise, Kerala just had only a single KYC point (PayTM) which was this old dinky shop and we had to wait for an hour as this dude took his sweet time to open the shop. Few customers did mention to me that they would raise a complaint with PayTM. Looks like they have more KYC points here now and this shop isn't there anymore.
Is it mandatory that one out of the 4 documents they mention should have the current residential address for KYC? I meant to say can someone get the KYC done with any of the 4 documents irrespective of the address the document carries? in My wife's case, none of the 4 documents they mention carries our current address.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks