Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2019, 10:11   #3286
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Ordered mine through ICICI just now. It needs your scanned copies of driving licence and RC Book / SmartCard to be uploaded. Received a message that Fastag will be delivered in 8 working days. Hoping a sooner delivery!

@vnabhi: Did you receive any further message about the shipment and tracking reference?
None so far. Hope things move quickly. Fingers crossed!
Old 13th March 2019, 11:36   #3287
BHPian

Does anyone get "cash back" on using Fastag? I have been using ICICI for a long time now. Once a while I get a message stating - cash back Rs. xx.

Yesterday, got one such message which says "Cash back of Rs xx for the period 1-30 November 2018.
Any idea why? I do not remember them deducting extra money when I cross toll gates.
Old 13th March 2019, 12:27   #3288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks
Which is the fastest agency to order a Fastag nowadays?
Quote:
I have another question. How do i recharge it once I get it?
A bit late in answering nevertheless, I procured the fastag in less than five days from Equitas. I managed to damage my old Fastag (Equitas) and they managed to send me one within 5 days.

On recharging- Equitas has tied up with BHIM UPI, the process is very simple and quick. Else you can recharge using your debit card (For Equitas-supports most of PSU banks only).

P.S- After getting the replacement tag, one of the representatives from Equitas called me just to check if the Tag was functioning properly or not .

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th March 2019 at 14:08. Reason: Formatting and spacing
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 13:06   #3289
Distinguished - BHPian

Technical question: My gated community's newly fitted RFID tag is not working even though it seems to be activated properly. Is it because I have pasted it near the FASTag?

I can try and peel off the community RFID sticker carefully and paste it on the other side if needed.
Old 13th March 2019, 14:01   #3290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Is it because I have pasted it near the FASTag?
Quite possible. There have been few cases like these including myself where my FASTag started to work at 2 tolls of L&T on Hassan Road only after I removed the BETPL RFID from my car.

Also, when my BETPL had balance along with FASTag, I was always allowed to pass BETPL booth but one fine day BETPL balance got over while FASTag still had but it didn't allow me to pass and the booth staff indicated me to remove either one of them. I removed BETPL tag as FASTag can work at BETPL and after that faced no issues at any of these booths.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 15:09   #3291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Does anyone get "cash back" on using Fastag? I have been using ICICI for a long time now. Once a while I get a message stating - cash back Rs. xx.

Yesterday, got one such message which says "Cash back of Rs xx for the period 1-30 November 2018.
Any idea why? I do not remember them deducting extra money when I cross toll gates.
Yes, I too got cashback yesterday for the month of November-2018 (It is 5% now, as opposed to 7.5% cashback earlier).
In January-2019, I received cashback for the month for Sept-2018.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 10:17   #3292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Yes, I too got cashback yesterday for the month of November-2018 (It is 5% now, as opposed to 7.5% cashback earlier).

I too got the cashback for the month of November-2018 and December-2018.
13/03/2019 18:23:56 CashbackProcess Cashback of Rs. 57.50 has been credited on your Tag Account towards the toll usage for the period 01st - 31st December, 2018
12/03/2019 18:46:54 CashbackProcess Cashback of Rs. 5.50 has been credited on your Tag Account towards the toll usage for the period 01st - 30th November, 2018

Last edited by kavu75 : 14th March 2019 at 10:19.
Old 14th March 2019, 10:28   #3293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Thank you @srvm. Looks like it is a genuine cashback. I used to think why are they returning money for something which I used and where did they deduct extra money to return.

Thanks a ton shedding light on this .
Old 14th March 2019, 11:05   #3294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I too got the cashback for the month of November-2018 and December-2018.
13/03/2019 18:23:56 CashbackProcess Cashback of Rs. 57.50 has been credited on your Tag Account towards the toll usage for the period 01st - 31st December, 2018
12/03/2019 18:46:54 CashbackProcess Cashback of Rs. 5.50 has been credited on your Tag Account towards the toll usage for the period 01st - 30th November, 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Thank you @srvm. Looks like it is a genuine cashback. I used to think why are they returning money for something which I used and where did they deduct extra money to return.

Thanks a ton shedding light on this .
You are welcome.
Again yesterday (13th March), I received cashback for the month of December-2018 as well (like BHPian kavu75, see his post #3292 above). Looks like they are clearing backlogs
Old 14th March 2019, 19:44   #3295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ordered mine through ICICI just now.

@vnabhi: Did you receive any further message about the shipment and tracking reference?
Here's an update. I got an SMS at 1645 today stating:

" Dear Customer. Your ICICI Bank Fastag Number xxx for veh.no. xxx has been assigned to your account no. xxx on 14/03/2019 at 1645 hours."

Not sure what this means, and how long it will take to reach me.
Old 16th March 2019, 12:02   #3296
BHPian

Quote:
Ordered mine through ICICI just now. It needs your scanned copies of driving licence and RC Book / SmartCard to be uploaded. Received a message that Fastag will be delivered in 8 working days. Hoping a sooner delivery!

Received the courier with the Tag. Could register on to ICICI FAsTag account online and view the details.

So, essentially, this took 3 days flat for Tag delivered.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th March 2019 at 14:08. Reason: Formatting and spacing
dmplog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 18:21   #3297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Received the courier with the Tag. Could register on to ICICI FAsTag account online and view the details.
So, essentially, this took 3 days flat for Tag delivered.

I too got mine a couple of hours ago. Kudos to ICICI for the quick turnaround.

By the way, does it come with some balance pre-loaded? How to check it?

I will not be using it till i travel to Bangalore on 21st, hence this question.
Old 16th March 2019, 19:31   #3298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With credentials received via SMS on account creation you can register online. After this you will be able to check the balance from the home page itself.

You will notice 2 types of Balances. CUG and Tag balance. To be able to seamlessly use the tag on the highway you must have adequate Tag Balance. When you do UPI recharge as mentioned previously, your tag balance will get updated.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 20:24   #3299
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
With credentials received via SMS on account creation you can register online. After this you will be able to check the balance from the home page itself.
@paragsachania: True. +1

@vnabhi: You can register and check balance. It comes by default loaded with Rs 200 as a balance.
dmplog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 19:03   #3300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

You will notice 2 types of Balances. CUG and Tag balance. To be able to seamlessly use the tag on the highway you must have adequate Tag Balance. When you do UPI recharge as mentioned previously, your tag balance will get updated.
Quote:
@paragsachania: True. +1

@vnabhi: You can register and check balance. It comes by default loaded with Rs 200 as a balance.
Thanks guys. I could register and check balance. I also downloaded Bhim and added it as a payee using the Netc id. I could add Rs 200 on trial basis. it works fine.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed