Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2019, 12:40   #3151
HKP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Either you peeled apart the transponder along with the backing paper or the transponder was missed in the manufacturing of the tag itself. if it's the former, use the transponder; if it's the latter, get the tag replaced
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If you still have the backing paper, find it and you will see the antenna there. Else its time for a new tag
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Can you post a pic of the other side as well?
Interesting!! I am pretty sure nothing fell down. I still have the 3M peel.

The backside is like this parag.

I think I will have to now remove this from the glass..
Thanks for the quick replies.

\\hkp

Contacted HDFC FASTag guys with the same pics and they are going to replace and resend me another one. Got a response and an SMS confirmation within minutes or sending an email. Let's see.

\\HKP

Last edited by tsk1979 : 11th January 2019 at 13:09.
Old 12th January 2019, 09:43   #3152
HKP
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Surprise! The tag worked on the Hyderabad-bangalore highway yesterday!!! This looks like a new version, in place of the magnetic strip, I think it has a concealed thin wire. In bright sunlight I noticed a heartbeat like pattern from the back view.

\\hkp
HKP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 10:33   #3153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post
Surprise! The tag worked on the Hyderabad-bangalore highway yesterday!!! This looks like a new version, in place of the magnetic strip, I think it has a concealed thin wire. In bright sunlight I noticed a heartbeat like pattern from the back view.

\\hkp
Good to know that. In our older tags, the antenna is clearly visible. But in your case, the antenna seems to have been embedded within the white paper itself. I was posting on mobile yesterday so did not closely notice your tag, but in the image you posted, the antenna lines are faintly visible like a zig zag coil with a square chip in the center. Looks like this is the new tag design.
Old 12th January 2019, 17:15   #3154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post
This is a bit weird. I got a new FASTag from HDFC. It looks like this after applying on the windscreen
<snip>
I don't see any magnetic tape or anything on the front side. Googled for FASTag pics, there seem to be many different types. Yet to try this on the highway, but do you guys think this is a faulty one?
I just tore out my useless Axis bank Fastag a few minutes ago. I was frightened to find a separate metallic tag that got torn out along with the paper-y thing.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20190112_164002.jpg
I'm talking about the torn metallic sticker in my forefinger and ring-finger.

Like you, I was equally concerned to find my new HDFC tag not having any such thing in it. It's just a paper-y sticker to the lay man's eye. Thankfully, you've already been through this wringer and I stand to benefit through your experience. I know I have nothing to worry about!
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 19:51   #3155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthacharya View Post
...The reason was my double charge might be because the transactions posted late in the Paytm Fastag System. My transactions are as below ...
I have experienced exactly similar issue with Paytm fastag, deducting toll twice for the same journey. I had raised a ticket with Paytm and they had promised to refund the extra deduction within 40 days. Now, more than 2 months have passed and no money has been refunded. I am planning to post a grievance in PG portal. Looks like something is deliberately fishy with the Paytm fastag system.
Old 15th January 2019, 11:53   #3156
Senior - BHPian

An interesting article on Fastag growth:

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...le25994881.ece

26 lakh tags sold in 2018. Now accepted at 450+ toll booths with 22 banks issuing them. 25% of toll collection is now through Fastags. But still a long way to go (total toll booths in the country is about 950).

The article says that Fastags will be integrated with GST e-Way bill system. Previously we have heard about plans to use these tags for parking and fuel payments too.
Old 15th January 2019, 13:01   #3157
Senior - BHPian

Since we have a lot of techies on the forum, I would like some insight into the technology being used for Fastag.

I find it quite ridiculous that the readers take so long to read the tag and many times i've been asked to reverse a little so the reader can read my Fastag. On the other hand, my experience in Dubai with their Salik tags is so seamless where the tags are read when vehicles zoom past at 120-140kmph.. Is that based on a different technology ?
Old 15th January 2019, 13:04   #3158
BHPian

Last month I did a trip from Jodhpur (RJ) all the way to Goa. I started on December 20th '18 and returned on February 13th '19, Fastag worked at all toll plazas seamlessly barring a few hiccups where the toll booths were clogged, but the Hybrid lanes compensated for the clogging.

Few points I noticed:
- In Rajasthan they have dedicated a single lane to fastag and some toll booths have hybrid lanes but they are not marked as hybrid.
- In Gujarat they had a few hybrid lanes but not all toll boths had them marked as hybrid.
- In Maharashtra once you cross Pune there are no hybrid lanes.
- In Karnataka there were a few hybrid lanes.

One major improvement I noticed is that the tag scanners seemed to have improved and they detected the tags faster. I had done the same trip earlier in February '18 and had faced slower tag detection.

Last edited by lionell : 15th January 2019 at 13:07. Reason: typo
Old 15th January 2019, 13:50   #3159
BHPian

Guys, how can I file a complaint to get my money back?
Recently on my trip my tag was scanned using a handheld scanner by the guy at the toll plaza and told me that the tag is invalid. At that time I didn't receive any message for balance deduction either so I paid in cash and went ahead on my journey.
Then after almost 2 hours I got the message that that balance has been deducted on the same toll plaza even after I paid them in cash.
Any way to get the amount back?
Thanks.
Old 15th January 2019, 14:58   #3160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
Guys, how can I file a complaint to get my money back?
Recently on my trip my tag was scanned using a handheld scanner by the guy at the toll plaza and told me that the tag is invalid. At that time I didn't receive any message for balance deduction either so I paid in cash and went ahead on my journey.
Then after almost 2 hours I got the message that that balance has been deducted on the same toll plaza even after I paid them in cash.
Any way to get the amount back?
Thanks.
You need to log a ticket or contact your service provider (bank) that the tag belongs too. Also, if the system allows, attach the image of the toll receipt as required.

Generally, this is refunded to you after 3-5 working days (at least ICICI).
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 16:05   #3161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You need to log a ticket or contact your service provider (bank) that the tag belongs too. Also, if the system allows, attach the image of the toll receipt as required.

Generally, this is refunded to you after 3-5 working days (at least ICICI).
Thanks, I got the tag from PayTM. Let me try contacting them.
I tried the official NHAI app, there is an option to log a complaint, but the app closes as soon as I click on the link, so it is basically useless.
Old 15th January 2019, 23:57   #3162
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Fastag is REALLY SLOW!!!

I did a Chennai-Bangalore trip this weekend. The Fastag lane was frustratingly slower than normal cash lanes.

The scanners are pathetic and need to be faster and more efficient. Many times i found a Non-Fastag vehicle buying toll in an already slow Fastag lane.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 08:23   #3163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Fastag is REALLY SLOW!!!

Many times i found a Non-Fastag vehicle buying toll in an already slow Fastag lane.
You got it my friend. At some tolls they are surprised to see a FastTag in the dedicated lane because the default is cash or a return slip. It happened with me recently. The fine implementation is pathetic which could be a deterrent but we normally forget it's India. I am afraid that a good initiative is going down the drain.
Old 16th January 2019, 11:04   #3164
BHPian

My Fastag experience:

I used the tag for the first time on my weekend trip from Hyderabad to Pandharkawada, it’s a small town on NH-44 on the way to Nagpur. The highlight was I didn't pay single rupee in cash at any toll booth. I saved money at couple of toll booth as the tag automatically charged a return trip rate. There is illegitimate looking toll near Pandharkawada. There was no Fastag setup there and they allowed me to go without paying both ways. The tag paid for itself in my first trip .
Also, most of the toll booths are hybrid but the lane marked for Fastag seems to have better readers. So if the Fastag lane is clogged one can use other lanes as well.

Overall, quite satisfied with the setup.
Old 16th January 2019, 12:18   #3165
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore - Pune - Bangalore:

Fastag worked flawlessly on all the tolls except Hubli-Dharwad bypass which doesn't accept Fastag. There was no need for me to take reverse at any of these tolls for it to detect my tag.

Some of these tolls has Fastag on multiple lanes but they have not kept any boards to indicate the same.

At one of the toll just before Pune, there was no dedicated lane but all the lanes were equipped with Fastag.

At some tolls I was able to quickly pass and at some I got stuck behind trucks.

Overall, I was happy. Of course, I have lowered my expectations of Fastag to Cashlesstag.

This is the one in which I couldn't see any dedicated Fastag lane.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20190112_145422218.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks