Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2018, 11:32   #3061
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
I am wondering if getting this is really worth it as i have wasted lot of my time and effort on this. Plus the negatives of lanes not working, double charge and other stuff.
I'll say it is totally worth it. In an average Bangalore-Chennai trip the time saved by having Fastag, despite all its inefficiencies, is close to 45 minutes to 1 hour for me (7 toll booths). That in itself is worth all the pain of getting one. If Paytm is proving to be difficult try one of the other providers - there are several.
Old 13th December 2018, 11:56   #3062
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
After wasting 23 days Paytm has cancelled my Fastag order placed on 20th November. I am wondering if getting this is really worth it as i have wasted lot of my time and effort on this.
In my experience using it over 4 years since 2014, I think it is definitely worth it, does save a lot of time despite some shortcomings.
I now have tags in both our cars from ICICI and found it to be very easy to deal with them, procure the tags and recharge via their portal. You can apply online or even by sending an SMS and they will contact you. See my earlier experiences on tag procurement on this thread (also the first post of this thread where it is shared).
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 12:42   #3063
BHPian

ORR Hyderabad has started support for FASTAG from 12-Dec-2018 and does have dedicated lanes at few of the exits. I use the Medchal exit daily and it has 1 dedicated lane and 1 hybrid lane.

Further reading at
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/67003454.cms
Saint_Kabir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 05:17   #3064
BHPian

I have procured it using HDFC and it was a very easy process. I have submitted the request using their portal and the Fastag was delivered to my address in around 2 weeks.
Old 14th December 2018, 06:12   #3065
BHPian

Purchased my FASTag from the office near the toll booth @ Nanakramguda.
Fairly easy process. Walk in with a copy of your registration and any other document like AADHAR or PAN. Pay Rs 200 which gets credited to your account and you're done. The first 2 Lakh customers gets the FASTag free of cost.

How cool is that?

Yet use and drive through like a king :-)
Old 14th December 2018, 07:16   #3066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
The first 2 Lakh customers gets the FASTag free of cost.
Wow. Assuming the cost of the tag is Rs. 200, that's a Rs. 4 crore hit the issuing bank is taking. Just at one toll booth. Maybe not a big amount in the larger scheme of things, but I think it is an indication of serious intent. :-)

Which bank is issuing these tags?
Old 14th December 2018, 08:17   #3067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Wow. Assuming the cost of the tag is Rs. 200, that's a Rs. 4 crore hit the issuing bank is taking. Just at one toll booth. Maybe not a big amount in the larger scheme of things, but I think it is an indication of serious intent. :-)

Which bank is issuing these tags?
ICICI bank

Yeah true. But considering the number that don’t pay toll I am sure this step has been taken in the right direction. This will ensure better tracking and accounting and down the line they will recover this investment.
Old 14th December 2018, 21:56   #3068
MSC
BHPian

A small query.
I am planning to a Paytm fastag affixed on my vehicle. The car is registered in my mother's name. My mother is not having a Paytm account. I have a full KYC compliant Paytm account. Can I procure a fastag for said vehicle? Or do I have to get a Paytm account for her as well before applying? Hope different KYCs don't create trouble while activation of fastag.
Old 14th December 2018, 22:35   #3069
BHPian

I have Fastag from Paytm. I am quite happy with the same.

I booked another car. Dealer is providing Fastag from a bank.

Sales executive is not sure if dealer can get Fastag from Paytm.

How can I get Fastag from Paytm instead of that bank?

Please guide.
Old 14th December 2018, 23:38   #3070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
A small query.
I am planning to a Paytm fastag affixed on my vehicle. The car is registered in my mother's name. My mother is not having a Paytm account. I have a full KYC compliant Paytm account. Can I procure a fastag for said vehicle? Or do I have to get a Paytm account for her as well before applying? Hope different KYCs don't create trouble while activation of fastag.
You can get the fastag. The car's registered owner doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
I have Fastag from Paytm. I am quite happy with the same.

How can I get Fastag from Paytm instead of that bank?

Please guide.
Do check if paytm is supplying the fastag or not. My paytm fastag order was cancelled twice before I had to get it from a bank.

Last edited by ank.nsit : 14th December 2018 at 23:41.
Old 18th December 2018, 08:09   #3071
MSC
BHPian

Just ordered ICICi fastag. It was a breeze ordering it online.
Actually I had an HDFC account and tried couple of times to get HDFC tag but due to some glitches could not complete the registration and document upload.
Frustratingly shifted to ICICI. Within 3-4 minutes, the details entered, documents uploaded and fees paid. Everything completed in 5 minutes flat with a promised delivery in 8 working days. I live in a Tier 3 city, so 8 days is actually quite fast. So much good till now.
One more thing. The HDFC fastag costs 500 bucks but ordering ICICI tag online costs 454 bucks only.
Can anyone please let me know what is minimum threshold amount in ICICI fastag.
Old 18th December 2018, 08:42   #3072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Can anyone please let me know what is minimum threshold amount in ICICI fastag.
There's a tag deposit of 200 INR which will be refunded if/when you deactivate the tag. IIRC, I received a low balance alert when the amount had gone below 100
Old 18th December 2018, 09:10   #3073
BHPian

How to deactivate ICICI tag, as I have sold my car. I have taken out the tag while handing over, but need to deactivate the account. Also need to create the new tag for the current vehicle, guess I can create under the same ICICI login I have been using all the while.

KK
Old 18th December 2018, 09:23   #3074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
How to deactivate ICICI tag, as I have sold my car. I have taken out the tag while handing over, but need to deactivate the account.
Guess picking up that phone and dialing the customer care is the way to go:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I got it done via ICICI customer care.
Quote:
Also need to create the new tag for the current vehicle, guess I can create under the same ICICI login I have been using all the while.
From your existing Login, Tag Account > Add Tag Account and then fill up the details on the page that loads. I assume this is what it means and nothing else when the menu bar says *Add Tag Account*
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 09:56   #3075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
How to deactivate ICICI tag, as I have sold my car. I have taken out the tag while handing over, but need to deactivate the account. Also need to create the new tag for the current vehicle, guess I can create under the same ICICI login I have been using all the while.

KK
That's one negative of ICICI fastag. You've to deactivate the entire account. you can't deactivate just one tag account. If you have only one tag, it's better to deactivate the entire account. But if you have other tags, then this is an issue. I had another tag too so I didn't want to deactivate the entire account. I removed the vehicle from the sticker (it was rendered useless when I removed it) and threw it away when I sold it. But when I login online to my account, this tag is still active with a balance of 100 (can't reduce further)
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks