Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2018, 17:53   #2941
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I could not understand.
How can you ask for 1-way or 2-way ticket with FasTag?
FasTag automatically debits you for a 1-way ticket during an outbound trip and automatically debits only the balance on the return trip making it a 2-way ticket.
Thank you for clearing that up.I was not aware of this and we kept telling them 1 way only at every fast-tag toll we took Obviously nobody corrected us and we never figured it out as we proceeded to avoid most fast-tag lanes for the rest of the trip.What happened here though was the SMS stated deduction of an amount higher than the actual toll fee which I later verified myself.That is what led to this false assumption.
Old 10th September 2018, 20:10   #2942
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Halfway through the trip we realized that we were actually wasting more time queing up at the fast tag toll lanes.Eventually we decided to just join the shortest queue at the tolls like we always usually do despite having a fast-tag account.
Did you check your account to see if your tag was charged at one or more tolls where you had paid cash ?

Very much possible that the tag still got scanned, there have been many such experiences reported on this thread
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 22:15   #2943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Very much possible that the tag still got scanned, there have been many such experiences reported on this thread
Well pointed out, sir. I'd like to think thats exactly what could have happened.Will be more careful when using the fast-tag from now on. Funny to think that a facility introduced for convenience rather does the opposite.
Old 10th September 2018, 23:57   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangespat View Post
Anyone know a place in Hyderabad where one can go and submit documents and get the fastag the same day?

My trip starts the 30th August. I already applied for the Paytm one a few days back but based on Their response I don't think I am getting it until next month.
Update on this. I wrote to them on their Twitter handle and got a call the next day. 3 days later the tag was activated and shipped. I got it just in time for my trip and it worked seamlessly at most places from Hyderabad to Srinagar including the Chenani tunnel. Some places it was really difficult to spot the fastag lane and most of UP it refused to work. Other than that all fine.
Old 15th September 2018, 13:30   #2945
BHPian

Hi All, scanned through many of the posts. But could not find an appropriate one for my query.

When i took my car last week, the dealer pasted the paytm fastag on the vehicle and i got an sms for activation. I have checked subsequently and i am able to see the tag wallet in the paytm app. Now here are my queries:
1. The details in the app show the VIN number as the vehicle registration number. - How to correct this
2. I live in Gurgaon, we have the famous toll Kherki Daula - They provide monthly pass. How to activate this on the paytm fastag as this toll is not listed as part of their operator. Incidently, i am able to recharge the monthly pass on ICICI fastag which i got for the other car.

If anyone has done the above, please guide me. Thanks.
Old 15th September 2018, 16:51   #2946
BHPian

Quote:
I wrote to them on their Twitter handle and got a call the next day. 3 days later the tag was activated and shipped.
@mangespat, since you are the latest to write about paytm fastag, I'm asking you.
Did you upload the RC copy in their website (register-fastag.paytm.com)?
I'm trying for umpteenth time now without success. Every time it fails with error "Registration failed".
I tried with Chrome, Edge, IE browsers and with different network but to no avail. Every time it fails. Hell, it is just a upload site. It is so buggy.

CC asked me to send the RC copy via email (fastag@paytm.com) but no response afterwards. Every time I call the customer care on the status, I get the same status of receiving tag in 2-3 days. This is my second order, the first cancelled after long delay.

The questions to you are:
1. Which browser did you use to upload the doc?
2. What was the size of the file you uploaded? Just thinking big files causing problems.
3. What is the format of the file? jpg? png? any other format?
4. You mentioned writing in their twitter, mind saying which handle you wrote to?
Old 16th September 2018, 16:06   #2947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
@mangespat, since you are the latest to write about paytm fastag, I'm asking you.
Did you upload the RC copy in their website (register-fastag.paytm.com)?
I'm trying for umpteenth time now without success. Every time it fails with error "Registration failed".
I tried with Chrome, Edge, IE browsers and with different network but to no avail. Every time it fails. Hell, it is just a upload site. It is so buggy.

CC asked me to send the RC copy via email (fastag@paytm.com) but no response afterwards. Every time I call the customer care on the status, I get the same status of receiving tag in 2-3 days. This is my second order, the first cancelled after long delay.

The questions to you are:
1. Which browser did you use to upload the doc?
2. What was the size of the file you uploaded? Just thinking big files causing problems.
3. What is the format of the file? jpg? png? any other format?
4. You mentioned writing in their twitter, mind saying which handle you wrote to?
I used my phone chrome browser. Used camscanner to take the picture of the RC and converted it to a pdf and uploaded it. The size was really small like 80 kb.
I wrote to the @paytmcare . Let me try and find the guys number and share with you if possible. Will do it by end of day today or tomorrow. Will pm you.
mangespat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 23:01   #2948
Senior - BHPian

My experience with Fastag during my last trip from Jaipur to Delhi (NH48 - Jaipur Delhi Highway) on 17.Aug.2018.

At Manoharpur Toll Plaza :

Remote (overhead/ fixed) scanners not working so handheld scanner is used. Good technology failed by poor implementation.

At Shahjahanpur Toll Plaza :

My worst experience with any Toll Plaza in all my years of driving.

With FASTag on my vehicle, I moved in designated lane, waited for the scanning and then was waived (kind of OK Done) by one of the 3 members in the Toll cabin. I moved ahead, but to my surprise, I was stopped ahead and told that toll not paid.

I went back and checked with the staff. Found that the overhead/ fixed scanner was not working and the staff mistakenly waived. Hand-held scanner was summoned and only then the Toll was paid.

That said, during onward journey to Jaipur, I had no issues, in particular, except overhead scanners not working.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 16th September 2018 at 23:07. Reason: added info about onward journey
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 10:39   #2949
Team-BHP Support

I have been using the FastTag lane enroute to and BIAL 3 times last week.

Trip 1

Onward: Idiot without Tag drives in and needs to reverse out so everybody needs to reverse
Return: Huge pileup due to the erratic Tag reader. Vehicle keeps moving forward and back to trigger the reader;

Trip 2

Onward - Less idiots so drive in but the process is manual, a person needs to monitor and release the barrier - not that fast
Return - Raining - idiot without FastTag gets stuck and will not join main queue

Trip 3

Onward
- Another idiot, meant usual reversing
Return - No problem, trick is to drive very slowly to trigger barrier

During Trip 2 Return, it was raining and I gave one of the guards a lift to Chikkajhalla, he was telling me how the sensors were constantly defective.

FastTag hardly makes a difference going to BIAL but again, if I go to the cash lane, I get double billed!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 21:27   #2950
Senior - BHPian

At Kherki Daula Toll Plaza - Jaipur Delhi Highway (NH 48) - coming from Jaipur side

Excellent implementation of FASTag Toll collection system; absolutely seamless. In case a vehicle is found to be without working FASTag, it can easily be re-directed to adjacent lanes (see the cab reversing in left lane).
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 22:27   #2951
Distinguished - BHPian

An update for Equitas FASTag users

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20180917221208.jpg
Old 19th September 2018, 12:08   #2952
BHPian

Quote:
I used my phone chrome browser. Used camscanner to take the picture of the RC and converted it to a pdf and uploaded it. The size was really small like 80 kb.
I wrote to the @paytmcare . Let me try and find the guys number and share with you if possible. Will do it by end of day today or tomorrow. Will pm you.
Hi @mangespat, did the twitter way and it worked like charm. Tag was allocated same day and delivered very next day.
Thanks.
Spewed venom on their upload software in the twitter and seems it has been fixed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
After multiple follow-ups with Paytm Customer Care, each time during which I was assured,"your Fastag will be dispatched today, I assure you", I got a message today saying that my order stands cancelled and the money refunded.

I placed the order on 24-July and it was cancelled today. Funnily, my colleague order it on 25-July and got it last week.

What now? Should I get it from ICICI (no relationship) or HDFC (Preferred, and all my banking with them).
Writing in twitter is helping. I blasted them on the buggy upload software. I got call from executive on the same day. I sent the RC copy over whatsapp and other details on phone call. He allocated the tag immediately and got it delivered the very next day.
I hope they fix their phone-customer care people to be sensitive rather than being human answering machines.

Last edited by Zappo : 19th September 2018 at 12:34. Reason: Please desist from making back to back posts. Use the multiquote option to respond to everyone in a single post.
Old 21st September 2018, 08:20   #2953
BHPian

Yesterday I passed the Kherki Daula, Manesar toll plaza and despite having fastag the operator took money for toll charges saying fasttag is not working. Because I didn't get the sms I thought he may be right. Now when I checked later in paytm the money is deducted as well as I ended up paying toll charges too. Any idea how to get the charges reversed on Paytm? Or not possible and better not waste time calling/mailing them?
Old 21st September 2018, 21:02   #2954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
Yesterday I passed the Kherki Daula, Manesar toll plaza and despite having fastag the operator took money for toll charges saying fasttag is not working. Because I didn't get the sms I thought he may be right. Now when I checked later in paytm the money is deducted as well as I ended up paying toll charges too. Any idea how to get the charges reversed on Paytm? Or not possible and better not waste time calling/mailing them?
Log a complaint in Paytm. Attach tolo slips as payment proof. Downer is you need to keep following it up with them. Ultimately they will refund it onto your fastag reserve wallet.
Old 24th September 2018, 14:31   #2955
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Recent Fastag experience:
-Devanahalli/BIAL Airport toll (onward) - this was my first time after this toll being operational recently. At first, the boom barrier did not open, so backed up about 2-3 feet and the display lit up followed by boom barrier opening.
-Returned from the Airport few minutes later and for the very first time the tag worked in this direction for me. All earlier ocassions, had to use the spillover and then have them use the handheld scanner or sometimes, it just worked on reaching the toll booth (Semi-automatic lane).

Also drove on the NH 75 Nelamangala-Bellur Cross section and returned same day. Fastag worked flawlessly at both Nelamangala & Bellur Cross tolls in both directions.

Most Viewed